• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NOVEMBER 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) - 4 Year Anniversary!

jarosh

ah yes, got some good 8- and 16-bit deals this month.

nov-games1.jpg

nov-games2.jpg

game boy games are all new, although not sealed ;)

Kuran

Banned
jarosh said:

nov-games1.jpg

nov-games2.jpg

Beautiful pictures. I remember wanting Bubble Ghost as a kid, but I never ended up getting it... and I love the PANG! artwork.

Cover art is at an all-time worst this generation.. shit needs to stop. At least Japan still has some great covers these days..

jarosh said:

nov-games1.jpg

Great pickups, I've been looking for a nice complete copy of Bubble Ghost, Batman and Felix the Cat for a while now. There is just something alluring about the minimalistic gameplay of original Game Boy games and their stylish box art.

Kuran

Banned
Such nostalgia. Damn.. I remember the christmas where I got my Gameboy with Tetris and Super Mario Land. Powerful nostalgia get!

Catch up Pick Up Post

Testing out the photo taking capabilities of my new Kodak Zi8. Not too impressed, but it's not the best lighting conditions either.

956_0177.jpg

Was starting to get fed up with it before the patch but it's quite good now that they've fixed the lag and spawns a bit. $60 with $25 in rewards credit at Kmart, woo!

956_0183.jpg

$50 with $20 off next purchase

956_0181.jpg

Been waiting for a less than $20 price on this. Hope it's fun.

956_0180.jpg

Excited for this - $50 with $20 off next purchase

956_0176.jpg

It's SO good. I love the multiplayer and pointer controls too. Got 2 classic controller pros with purchase but I haven't even tried it cause pointer is better.

956_0174.jpg

Because I liked goldeneye so much I double dipped on Blops. Wish I could use the pointer on 360 :(

956_0175.jpg

Positive impressions from long time haters meant it's time to get back on the sonic cycle. haven't had time to try it yet.

956_0173.jpg

$15 at amazon. Kinda disappointed cause it was advertised as Platinum Hits (i kinda collect these, shameful I know) but after emailing amazon they gave me a $4 credit back because it was not sent as advertised. Amazon is so good!

956_0172.jpg

Liked the demo, but wasn't going to buy until kmart offered $30 off next purchase. Used that $30 towards DKCR.

956_0171.jpg

Another $60 with $20 off next purchase.

956_0163.jpg

DSi XL and a nice case. My favorite wedding present (among all the kitchen appliances lol)

956_0164.jpg

956_0165.jpg

Toys R US B1G1 half off with these two. Haven't ever played a layton game, hope I like it.

More DS games, caught up on some I hadn't bought with the new XL.
956_0167.jpg

956_0170.jpg

956_0169.jpg

956_0168.jpg

956_0186.jpg

I haven't been into star wars since the prequels came out, before that I was a nut about the movies. Really interesting read.

careksims

IMG_1789a.jpg

I realize the art book on the right is upside-down :lol All the game-related stuff is from the Pre-Black Friday deals except for the extra Move controller ($30 though!) Good deals all around!

sadromeo

Infinity said:
+1. As someone who switches mice constantly, I keep going back to my reliable DA.

+1 same here. Started using the death adder awhile ago and haven't changed or been unhappy since.

sadromeo

Gouken said:
Logitech G930 7.1 PC wireless headphones....you guys know the rest

How are finding these headphones? Is the usb adapter for the PC for these big?

Have you tried them while watching a movie?

Got the game 2 weeks ago i am pretty much done with it got all the endings and most of the achievements. i ordered the soundtrack middle of my first playthrough and just got it in the mail today. The soundtrack is so good.

92921b71.jpg

Ryu bogard said:
Got the game 2 weeks ago i am pretty much done with it got all the endings and most of the achievements. i ordered the soundtrack middle of my first playthrough and just got it in the mail today. The soundtrack is so good.

indeed! good pick-up.

mjc

Ryu bogard said:

I really tried to like Nier but I just couldn't make it through. The soundtrack is really nice though, I agree.

iImWK.jpg

LTTP Much?

Sakura Wars (Apparently pre-owned, but was still sealed) - £9.99
Wario Land Shake Dimension (Pre-owned) - £12.99
Sonic Colours (New) - £24.99
Baby Blue Wii Remote Plus - £Obscene

Amalthea

Banned
jarosh said:

nov-games1.jpg

nov-games2.jpg

Did you buy the Gameboy games on Ricardo?

Hehe, I almost bid on the bundle with Bubble Ghost (because it seems to be like Soul Bubbles).

Did you get Castlevania Bloodlines on Ricardo too?
That one way overpriced, even for such a rare title. It appears sometimes for only around 20 CHF.

petethepanda said:
^ I just finished reading Ender's Game for the first time yesterday. AWESOME book.

I read it for the first time a few months ago. I found it pretty telegraphed, but very well written. I imagine the impact would have been greater 25 years ago.

Cdammen

petethepanda said:
^ I just finished reading Ender's Game for the first time yesterday. AWESOME book.
Yeah I've heard this from a lot of people so now I'm finally getting to read it. Just have to finish Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami... it's boring me. Too much crazy stuff and maybe a bad translation from Japanese to Swedish.

Top Bottom