• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NOVEMBER 2011 Pick-Up Post!! (Real pics or BAN!)! - 5 Year Anniversary!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
MzhvM.jpg

finally got the missing piece for my apartment..

20qma0w.jpg

its so nice.....opens up the room so much more and its such a cool place to relax, chill out and read. expensive impulse purchase but totally worth it.

abq

Phat Michael said:

http://i42.tinypic.com/20qma0w.jpg[IMG]

its so nice.....opens up the room so much more and its such a cool place to relax, chill out and read. expensive impulse purchase but totally worth it.[/QUOTE]
$4000 impulse purchase? Damn.

abq said:
$4000 impulse purchase? Damn.

i was looking to get a big lazyboy vibrating recliner but then i saw the eames for sale @ Singways in Dubai. i have been hunting one for ages and its like...$5K USD plus shipping...so i had to get it...its exceptinal. once i get my zenbook im going to browse on it and drink tea while sitting on the chair.

Sealda

Banned
Phat Michael said:

20qma0w.jpg

its so nice.....opens up the room so much more and its such a cool place to relax, chill out and read. expensive impulse purchase but totally worth it.

Good taste

Borman said:
I want one of those chairs, so nice looking. Id take a "clone" version if I had to.

the clones arent bad either....but i guess id have to order it online. i saw clones for 2.5K USD plus shipping..if ur going to pay that price you might as well save a bit more and get a real one.

Majine said:
Furniture prices never seems to stop amaze me. Yeah, they're goodlooking but damn. No wonder IKEA got so big.

yeah but this isnt really an ikea piece tbh.

i get what you are saying...there are some sofas that just cost so much and u will see things at home centre for a 1/4 of the price that looks just as nice.

leng jai

Majine said:
Furniture prices never seems to stop amaze me. Yeah, they're goodlooking but damn. No wonder IKEA got so big.

Whats so surprising? You can get cheap furniture thats decent very easily. Theres exorbitant priced products for virtually everything because there are always people who will buy it.

Majine

Banned
Phat Michael said:
yeah but this isnt really an ikea piece tbh.

i get what you are saying...there are some sofas that just cost so much and u will see things at home centre for a 1/4 of the price that looks just as nice.
I'm not bashing your purchase btw, so jealous. Just a statement.

Majine said:
I'm not bashing your purchase btw, so jealous. Just a statement.

dude i agree with you, wasnt knocking you either. btw im not some rich bastard or anything. my other couchers are from home centre and my computer table/chair are from ikea..you can find excellent shit anywhere and this piece was beyond what i wanted to spend but i saw it and HAD to have it as its the first time ive seen them in dubai..

I just got home, played maybe a half hour SR3. I got a sms that ACR is in the house. Goddamnit, again, all the way to Gamemania to pick up the sold out
Assassin's Creed R Animus Edition
OQlFO.jpg

I will post pics of its content if needed.

mehdi_san

StickyFingers said:
I just got home, played maybe a half hour SR3. I got a sms that ACR is in the house. Goddamnit, again, all the way to Gamemania to pick up the sold out
http://i.imgur.com/OQlFO.jpg[img]

I will post pics of its content if needed.[/QUOTE]
Yes please, I'd love to see the contents :)

Celcius

°Temp. member
Phat Michael said:

Nice chair, but what speakers are those on the right?

Tiduz

Eurogaime
StickyFingers said:
[im]http://i.imgur.com/OQlFO.jpg[/img]

I will post pics of its content if needed.

lol same here except i got the smaller collector edition on ps3, embers isnt even a bluray :(

Tabris

Phat Michael said:
dude i agree with you, wasnt knocking you either. btw im not some rich bastard or anything. my other couchers are from home centre and my computer table/chair are from ikea..you can find excellent shit anywhere and this piece was beyond what i wanted to spend but i saw it and HAD to have it as its the first time ive seen them in dubai..

Man the thing I would be worried about is getting a knock off. Both the David Eames and the Barcelona chairs are knocked off. The only way to be 100% sure is to order from Herman Miller directly in the States or the appropriate reseller internationally.

isny

napkin dispenser
Crossposting from the Gundam thread. Apparently my Gundam Ramen also included a model.

I think it was the last one they had in stock and they were just clearing it out. I only paid about 450 Yen for it. ($6.00)

IQ6Scl.jpg

purg3

slept with Malkin
Phat Michael said:

20qma0w.jpg

Nice, I'll be buying one in a few months. I've always wanted one for the longest time. Pretty much a timeless design, I don't know if I want to just stare at it or sit in it.

Tabris said:
Man the thing I would be worried about is getting a knock off. Both the David Eames and the Barcelona chairs are knocked off. The only way to be 100% sure is to order from Herman Miller directly in the States or the appropriate reseller internationally.
This reseller is pretty high end in dubai so im not too worried. I get ur point tho. The name doesnt bother me too much. Its well made and looks great and im happy with it. For me to get one from the store direct would cost a packet. Either way it looks great in the house and I cant wait to have a cigar on itwhile drinking a scotch and reading the new Edge.

purg3 said:
Nice, I'll be buying one in a few months. I've always wanted one for the longest time. Pretty much a timeless design, I don't know if I want to just stare at it or sit in it.
Nice man u wont regret it. Its so comfortable and I love just lookingat it. They had a few dift colours there too but I like the classic black on wood.grain. The white.one is gorgeous too.

vatstep said:
Ko1O6.jpg

This week has been ridiculous. MW3 + MGS HD Collection + Skyrim constitutes probably the best week of new releases ever for me. Batman, Gears and Rage were from Amazon's B2G1 deal for a total of $111 shipped. Don't know when I'll get to them, but I am helpless against deals like that. :(

I thought the MGS collection was a PS3 exclusive. Gotta grab it for 360 now

beje

Banned
My new phone:

Vhmny.jpg

LmVzu.jpg

Xperia Mini Pro. Same insides as Xperia Play/Arc, but tiny as hell (just 3" screen, perfect for me). Comes with Gingerbread 2.3.4, and Sony Ericsson confirmed it will be upgraded to ICS 4.0

StickyFingers said:
ME: ow man AC comes out next week CANT WAIT !
*Been at work + birthday and no internet today.*
Looks at pick-up thread and see it has released urly.
*Checks local store's website*
ITS IN STOCK !!!

Store opens at 12:00 PM local time 15 hours from now
go-god-go-part-2-20061102015236763.jpg

First purchase from the Barnes and Noble Criterion sale (total of $14.46). Also pre-ordered the Three Colors trilogy on blu-ray. I am proud of myself for controlling my spending :p
buol9.jpg

Amagon

Vavf9l.jpg

Really excited with this pick up I got today cause I completed the Fatal Fury anime collection I got on DVD for a real good price and Grave of the Fireflies I got for a steal as well and all the DVDs are in superb condition!!! :)

eXistor

TxdoHawk said:
Man, all you guys with early copies of SR3...I am officially jelly. :(
Blame the Netherlands, we're fucking up streetdates left and right at the moment. Ass Creed Revelations got released today, as did SR3. Skyrim 3 days early, streetdates don't mean jack anymore it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom