• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NOVEMBER 2011 Pick-Up Post!! (Real pics or BAN!)! - 5 Year Anniversary!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speevy

Banned
100_1755.jpg

This is the new laptop I bought to replace my 5 year old desktop. Sorry about the crappy picture.

It's not flashy, but it's just for school. Never been into PC gaming and it's very pretty. Plus I can take it to class which is what I wanted.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Yay! A bunch of goodies were dropped off today. Pictures time.

I was worried that Best Buy wasn't going to ship my Holiday Bundle, and so I figured I'd at least try for the Amazon "Instantly Waitlisted" Lightning Deal as a backup. Wouldn't you know it, the thing added to my cart. Figured why not? Of course, 45 minutes after I ordered it, the Best Buy order shipped. Eh, I already sold this on on Craigslist for $250; basically means I got a free $50 and a free $50 Amazon gift card.

6434077291_79150a5633_z.jpg

But THIS guy is all mine. He's replacing a very long in the tooth launch 20GB model:

6434072463_c3fc256dfa_z.jpg

... and a couple accessories:

6434076181_d1a5459bd9_z.jpg

6434095891_255395d738_z.jpg
x3

And then I went ahead and pulled the trigger on one of these. The good reviews have made me curious, but no way is it worth the $80-$130 regular asking price. $25 shipped? Sure, I'll give it a shot. Hoping it surprises me!

6434074413_41d21e1d43_z.jpg

I double-dipped on BF3. With the new Xbox, I want something to pull me in. I figure this is a good way to play with my console-only buddies.

6434144229_6b6a14c8e2_z.jpg

... And I've been playing Arkham City on my PC since last night. MAN this game is good!

QL0HEh.jpg

How's the Evil Dead on bluray, Canoli?

SGN0N.jpg

Gotta get in on the 5 year anniversary thread!
With my excellent quality photography.
Just lots of Dragonball and B-list anime here. I should go screenshot my steam page, but whatever. It's just limbo and bully, basically.

How's the Evil Dead on bluray, Canoli?

SGN0N.jpg

Gotta get in on the 5 year anniversary thread!
With my excellent quality photography.
Just lots of Dragonball and B-list anime here. I should go screenshot my steam page, but whatever. It's just limbo and bully, basically.

Hades Project reminds me of my anime store. No one even rented that.

JiliK

Thought I'd close out the month with a round-up of my recent(ish) digital purchases.

gg_nov11.png

Some GamersGate stuff. At €20, that D&D Anthology is pretty much the best deal ever. I'm sure those games don't hold up nearly as well as a bunch of late 90's PC sports games though. :D

gog_nov11s.png

GOG stuff. Definitely the higher quality fake shelves of the two.

steam_nov11s.png

Some pre-Autumn Sale purchases on Steam.

music_nov11.png

And a whole bunch of music downloads, mostly €5 7digital purchases. Quite liking that Noel Gallagher album.

Hades Project reminds me of my anime store. No one even rented that.
That's pretty sad. I love the vhs-scanned image quality of the dvd case covers. Not to mention the really bad jaggies on the back text summary. Brings a tear to my eye!

I've been trying to buy up lots of these b-list animes lately because Amazon's had them on sale for dirt cheap.
I love that one of the endorsements on the back of the Cyber City case says "A really great show." How can you say no to that?

I have my eyes on Master of Mosquiton and Garaga next. Just hoping MoM drops in price some more soonish.

Number45

And then I went ahead and pulled the trigger on one of these. The good reviews have made me curious, but no way is it worth the $80-$130 regular asking price. $25 shipped? Sure, I'll give it a shot. Hoping it surprises me!

6434074413_41d21e1d43_z.jpg

What is this? Obviously a network card, but what's special about it?

Naka

Yay! A bunch of goodies were dropped off today. Pictures time.

I was worried that Best Buy wasn't going to ship my Holiday Bundle, and so I figured I'd at least try for the Amazon "Instantly Waitlisted" Lightning Deal as a backup. Wouldn't you know it, the thing added to my cart. Figured why not? Of course, 45 minutes after I ordered it, the Best Buy order shipped. Eh, I already sold this on on Craigslist for $250; basically means I got a free $50 and a free $50 Amazon gift card.

Has the amazon credit been posted to your account yet? Mine hasnt...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom