• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NOVEMBER 2011 Pick-Up Post!! (Real pics or BAN!)! - 5 Year Anniversary!

Status
Not open for further replies.
New shirt (Bay Area Gaffers should be able to recognize the graphic):
a7e6b374.jpg

Finally jumping into the new 52:
acf4b405.jpg

JEKKI said:
I like how it costs money to enter SF, but you can leave for free o_O
To be honest, I find it hilarious too actually. Most of the time though, I take BART into the City so I rarely see this view. (^_^)☆

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Glassboy said:
That is exactly what I wanted to hear :) Now, i hope they team with Ballistic to make an Uncharted 3 art book. UC2's was amazingly good.

They really should. I own that book as well, and although it was expensive, it was also worth it.

Quick

Banned
Pretty jelly, LiK. I pre-ordered, so I'm guaranteed the signature edition, but I have to wait until Tuesday. :(

isny

napkin dispenser
I managed to score some more bargain deals in Akihabara.

Gundam Seed Never Ending Tomorrow - 300 Yen
Another Century Episode 2 - 210 Yen
SD Generation 0 - 50 Yen
Panzer Dragoon Zwei - 210 Yen

Total spent: 770 Yen (Around $10 U.S.)

Also got a Famicom Controller Flashlight Keychain from a vending machine for 200 Yen =D

QuqOYl.jpg

Jockel

Went in to buy Dodonpachi, came out with a new Xbox to play it with (the ol' JTAG is a bit noisy, and obviously offline).
It came with Battlefield 3 and Forza 4, two games I don't give a shit about. So if you want to buy any of that, PM.
1smfr6.jpg

Also some bluray and CD gets:
qs5vky.jpg

Jockel

Tomodachi said:
Why is Germany getting that sexy bluray ghibli collection? Any plans for other countries? UK? Italy (fat chance)?
Every release includes Postcards with the cover art of the various titles, btw.
So far there's only the three in the picture + Nausicäa released, at least as far as I know.

RS4-

I wish they sold the books that come in the limited/collectors editions separately. At times there are extras in the collections that I don't even want.

Sinthetic

Tomodachi said:
Why is Germany getting that sexy bluray ghibli collection? Any plans for other countries? UK? Italy (fat chance)?

Sexy? With all that German writing on it and those big coloured squares? I don't think so. Get the UK or Japan Blu Ray versions.

Desmond

Tomodachi said:
There are UK/Ireland releases, though the boxart is different, the quality is gorgeous. We got:
Ponyo
Nausicaa
my Neghbours the Yamadas
Laputa

Arrietty and Whisper of he Heart have been delayed though.

312071_10150352386641646_685251645_8717943_1319303041_n.jpg

Picked up two copies of it. Of course when I got to Target they were already in the back looking for the game for other customers. One copy is for me and one is for my friend in the hospital, he doesn't have any 3DS games yet but has the system. So I hope he enjoys it. :)

sophora

got a few stuff in the mail this week;

Tiqhol.jpg

Joe Ledbetter Chinese Zodiac Rabbits, the quality on them is bad up close but otherwise they look pretty awesome. Also got my Beast Brothers Halloween Don Pablo Android, awesome detail and looks cool with my other Android figures.

UtKNYl.jpg

World War Robot Complete hardcover by Ashley Wood and T.P. Louise, awesome book. Finished it in one night and rereading it while I wait for a figure release of a pivotal character this Thanksgiving...can't wait for him.

mf.luder

Scored some sweet ass AKG's off eBay. K271 mkII. Just need a good stand now.

ecea045d.jpg

Received my Regular Ordinary Swedish Mealtime shirts.

2991de44.jpg

Asparagus

Mate convinced me to buy another 360 for Gears of War 3 but I've mostly been using it to catch up on all those lovely xbla games. I didn't have a hdtv currently though so I picked up one of those Slimline Samsung TVs from a couple of years ago for £50.

GqXq4.jpg

I also picked up Tomb Raider 2 which just seemed to turn up out of nowhere on the Mac App store. For the first two levels I've been like a fish to water and even though the controls are stiff and clumsy I've been jumping, climbing and rolling around like it's second nature. It's been great fun so far, I guess I still have a soft spot for Laras early adventures.

grumpy

Asparagus said:
I also picked up Tomb Raider 2 which just seemed to turn up out of nowhere on the Mac App store.

Holy Scheiße! Bought! I was looking for a way to make it run under virtualization the other day. By far the best of all the classic Raiders.

ranmafan

Embryon said:
This is a thing of supreme beauty. Where'd you order it from?
Didn't order it, bought at a local Tsutaya store near my home here in Japan. It's really nice and huge, about 640 pages. You maybe able to order from amazon Japan's website.

I didn't know Halo Anniversary came with an embossed sleeve. Cool.

Surely that first run will be long gone by the time I get around to picking up the game though.

Maddness

More Pickups!

A new retro gaming store opened up down the street. They have so much stuff. I'm going to be making a lot of new edits to this post over the next few days. haha.

3b2oW.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom