• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NOVEMBER 2011 Pick-Up Post!! (Real pics or BAN!)! - 5 Year Anniversary!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amagon

Frester said:
Got this at the Tri-State race in New Jersey yesterday.

007.jpg
Where was this at? I've been thinking about doing one for a while now. How was the experience?

Aigis said:
Don't throw away the wrap it's resealable!

Best boxes/overall packages for catalog releases ever.
Yea, I'm not planning to throw away the wrap and yea, the packaging is sexy! Now I gotta look for the Jin Roh BR and GitS: Innocence BR as well. GitS can be found on ebay for a hefty price but finding Jin Roh is a pain in my ass. Really don't want to import it from Amazon Japan but if I have to...

Risette

A Good Citizen
THE NO LIFE KING said:
Where was this at? I've been thinking about doing one for a while now. How was the experience?

Yea, I'm not planning to throw away the wrap and yea, the packaging is sexy! Now I gotta look for the Jin Roh BR and GitS: Innocence BR as well. GitS can be found on ebay for a hefty price but finding Jin Roh is a pain in my ass. Really don't want to import it from Amazon Japan but if I have to...
Try Yahoo Auctions Japan.

Frester

THE NO LIFE KING said:

It was at Raceway Park in Englishtown, NJ. It was a really great experience. I had a tight-knit team of 7 (myself included) but the teamwork/camaraderie mentality is present throughout the entire course; people you don't know and will never see again will help you out without you even having to ask. The obstacles were spaced out really well so I never felt like I was tired from having to just run for several miles at a time. That being said, the cold was the worst/most difficult part. One of my teammates and I have been lifting and training since January and we led our team but there were people on my team who do lots of running but minimal strength training and they did fine. Two of the guys on my team were wearing GoPro cameras so we have the whole thing on video from 2 angles. Already trying to pick a date to register for the next one!

joe1138

Nice! A T&S fan on Gaf! How are you liking Get Along so far?

I should be getting my copy of Get Along with the three signed posters any day now. They're doing a screening and Q&A tomorrow night at the Vista theater in LA but all tickets were sold out before I even had a change to snag one for myself.

Akim

Banned
joe1138 said:
Nice! A T&S fan on Gaf! How are you liking Get Along so far?

I should be getting my copy of Get Along with the three signed posters any day now. They're doing a screening and Q&A tomorrow night at the Vista theater in LA but all tickets were sold out before I even had a change to snag one for myself.

It's great. I ordered the Deluxe too, but they sent the posters separately which haven't got here yet. I was super bummed they didn't do a screening near me. I also have an extra copy that they are sending everyone that went to the Vancouver show, so I'm gonna have two I guess.

JEKKI

yesterday I won a shirt! today I bought a game!!

I think Im doin pretty well for a pickup dood in the pickup thread!!!

9c011f440f3a11e1a87612313804ec91_7.jpg

365d7c600f3411e1abb01231381b65e3_7.jpg

but the most important pickup... I got the new iphone!!!

Hieberrr

Excuse the poor quality, but yay! Blackberry Playbook 16GB!

Walmart (Canada) is having a deal (that kicks in on the Nov 18th and runs until the 24th) where a 16GB playbook is being knocked down from $499 to $198. In anticipation, people are buying them now at full price and price adjusting on Firday. I called around 6 stores before I was able to find one in stock and put one on hold.

Not opening until I can confirm the deal :)

2504U.jpg5

And no, I don't hoard and resell. I missed out on the TouchPad due to laziness, but I did not make the same mistake twice :p

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Hieberrr said:
Excuse the poor quality, but yay! Blackberry Playbook 16GB!

Walmart is having a deal (that kicks in on the Nov 18th and runs until the 24th) where a 16GB playbook is being knocked down from $499 to $198. In anticipation, people are buying them now at full price and price adjusting on Firday. I called around 6 stores before I was able to find one in stock and put one on hold.

Not opening until I can confirm the deal :)

2504U.jpg5

And no, I don't hoard and resell. I missed out on the TouchPad due to laziness, but I did not make the same mistake twice :p
Why would you not rather have a Kindle Fire?

leng jai

7RjNl.jpg

Bon Iver, Bon Iver - Bon Iver
Ceremonials - Florence & the Machine
Animals (2011) - Pink Floyd
Vicious Delicious - Infected Mushroom
Hunter - Mastoden
X-Men: First Class OST
Batman Arkham City OST
Metal Gear Solid OST

4oncq.jpg

4odUz.jpg

DAS Ultimate S keyboard

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Birthday gift from my dad:

2ynh25u.jpg

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
My valves finally arrived for my preamp!

Sophiavalvesinboxes.jpg

Sophiavalve300Bcarbonbodypic.jpg

Sophiavalve300bcloseup.jpg

Sophia6sl7fullshot.jpg

Sophiavalve6sl7closeup.jpg

Sophiavalvesmanley.jpg

2 x Sophia Princess Carbon 300B valves
2 x Sophia Princess Grade "A" 6SL7 valves

Not cheap but worth every cent.

NEO0MJ

Witchfinder General said:
My valves finally arrived for my preamp!

2 x Sophia Princess Carbon 300B valves
2 x Sophia Princess Grade "A" 6SL7 valves

Not cheap but worth every cent.

Mind telling me what exactly this is?

Stubo

leng jai said:
Bon Iver, Bon Iver - Bon Iver
Ceremonials - Florence & the Machine
Animals (2011) - Pink Floyd
Vicious Delicious - Infected Mushroom
Hunter - Mastoden
X-Men: First Class OST
Batman Arkham City OST
Metal Gear Solid OST
Excellent choices, good sir!

dc89

Game Rogue said:
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection: Limited Edition and freebie Tanooki Suit Mario Keychain

Use that keychain and I don't think your welcome here anymore. You'd be supporting the wearing of fur.

tha_devil

Expensive month, Zelda CE and Skyrim soundtrack also on the way.

Assassins Creed revelations animus edition, the encyclopedia is simply amazing, with lots of info and nice artworks.
DGSSgl.jpg

Skyrim CE, the box is huge (almost as big as crysis nano edition, just little bit lower) statue and artbook are among the best ever.
1o34Xl.jpg

Uncharted 3 Explorer Edition, awsome :D
Loving the diary style of the gamebox. And the statue fits really nice with the infamous hero edition cole statue.
OvOcGl.jpg

Batman CE + rare and sealed press kit (sorry wont it for better pics)
5BVlvl.jpg

Driver + Gt5 press kit (allready owned the signature edition)
bFez6l.jpg

Sylver

Banned
mblitek said:
Whhhhhhhhhhhat!? Going to go read HMZ-T1 thread for impressions.
I didn't posted my impressions because I still didn't tried it I'm pretty bussy this week but I'll do on Friday night or Saturday.

Mr. Sam

Scanna said:
how's the JP trilogy? i am really tempted...

Both Jurassic Park and The Lost World look very good. It's not the best picture quality you'll find on Blu-ray - JP is a little bit soft and grainy - but it's definitely a huge improvement on DVD, and the best these two are definitely going to look. Very vibrant colours and sharper than I've ever seen them before. Jurassic Park is, well, Jurassic Park and The Lost World is a much better film than I remember. I haven't delved into the extras for either yet. Not sure if I want to spoil the magic.

JP3 is likely to stay untouched.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom