• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NOVEMBER 2011 Pick-Up Post!! (Real pics or BAN!)! - 5 Year Anniversary!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nick_GTL said:
Horrendous shipping from NewEgg on my i7-3930k

6355413733_d85fc37bd9_z.jpg

6355410283_05915b7d64_z.jpg

6355405505_6d64df27d7_z.jpg

6355400779_d6fa4b4c8c_z.jpg
Hope you got a refund

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Nick_GTL said:
Horrendous shipping from NewEgg on my i7-3930k
Refund time!

Hellish

tha_devil said:
Is just the outer package damaged? Is the cpu working?

My Rampage IV Extreme also ordered from NewEgg is still in LA so I couldn't tell you haven't opened it but I assume it will work.

vitacola

WEGGLES

tha_devil said:
Is just the outer package damaged? Is the cpu working?
I'd take plenty of pictures, and then try the CPU out. It's likely fine. The box is crunched, but the clamshell the actual processor comes in likely protected it.

If the heatspreader is bent/dented don't open it though.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
_dementia said:
Hope you got a refund

Yeah, no kidding. CPUs are fragile little things; not worth the risk in my opinion.

GAH, I'm so jealous of all these Zelda pickups!!! Gotta wait until Saturday night... and that's only if Best Buy does a midnight release :-(

Anyway...

6355634455_bc81d27a4b_z.jpg

Got it for $29.99 from NewEgg; actually kinda forgot I ordered it. Debating if I wanna return it or not. With all the other big releases, me being knee-deep in BF3 multi, and MW3 a likely Christmas present, I don't know if I'll have the time for this. Furthermore, the lack of an objective-only playlist on the new maps is a real deal breaker for me.

6355630473_4b3e0b81d7_z.jpg

Was hoping to do a $30 -> $74 flip with these; but Best Buy trade-in values plummeted. No big deal. You win some, you lose some. I'll keep looking for a couple days for a flip, but they'll likely just go back.

6355626007_ea7da573fb_z.jpg

One for me, and the other was for a friend but he was impatient and got the regular edition. Now I'm debating if even wanna keep mine considering the regular edition will only be $35 at Kmart next week. That's a $45 artbook, basically. I'd gladly offload one for $120+ shipping; but nobody seems to be biting. Eh, whatever, it'll likely also get returned - making this week the week of the returns basically.

6355638739_20df2006af_z.jpg

But I'm not allowed to open it!!! :-( I ordered it because I have Prime and have a safer place to have it delivered to than my GF. But she actually "bought it" and is giving it to me for Christmas. I'll have to give her the box this weekend so she can wrap and store it for the next month. Great gift; but the wait sucks!

Johnny

v6y2O.jpg

Pleasantly surprised by the size of the thing along with the audio/video quality as compared to my old model 2 Genesis.

Tomodachi

Skel1ingt0n said:
But I'm not allowed to open it!!! :-( I ordered it because I have Prime and have a safer place to have it delivered to than my GF. But she actually "bought it" and is giving it to me for Christmas. I'll have to give her the box this weekend so she can wrap and store it for the next month. Great gift; but the wait sucks!
Woah, that's... barbaric :O I'm pretty sure she'll allow you to open it if you make her see your point. I'll give my christmas present to my boyfriend (an ipod touch) as soon as I get it from amazon uk, next week. I'll get him a cheap, nice t-shirt on christmas just "for the thought" on actual Christmas though :p

Hellish

Samus4145 said:
Make sure to send them the pics. Says it all right there.

Sent this: (1000 character limited used)
I received my 3930k in horrendous condition and I do not believe a $600 processor (or any component) should arrive in this condition, I have not opened yet so I do not know if it is in working condition and would like to leave the decision on how it is handled on you, and dependent upon how it is handled will determine where the rest of my computer components for this build and future builds will come from. I believe the fault here is shared three ways, Intel may have a design flaw in their packaging with the LGA2011 processors not coming with a stock cooler the package may have lost integrity, it may have been handled poorly, but the fatal flaw was having put such a small component next to the enormous AX 1200, which unfortunately was done by your newegg employed staff to my understanding.

Pics:
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6038/6355413733_d85fc37bd9_z.jpg
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6050/6355410283_05915b7d64_z.jpg
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6223/6355405505_6d64df27d7_z.jpg

krae_man

Couple of pickups for the month:
DSCN3066.jpg

Managed to find a touchpad case on clearence so I picked that up and God of War Origins was free from Sony to make up for their stupid broken system back up utility.

And I can't forget about my Wrestlemania ticket:
DSCN367.jpg

Cannot wait. Wrestlemania weekend is going to be awesome!

kikori

Neo Member
New Ghibli BDs! This time, Howl's Moving Castle and Ponyo:
kdLbb.jpg

Colors from my phone are awful. Ponyo's case is closer to teal than blue.

Ponyo came with a little book of colorform / static cling images and some glossy backgrounds to put them on:
3H9qn.jpg

re6IQ.jpg

d+pad

Johnny said:
v6y2O.jpg

Pleasantly surprised by the size of the thing along with the audio/video quality as compared to my old model 2 Genesis.

Aw, maaaaaan, I've been meaning to get one of these for a while. I used to rent one from the local grocery store back in the day and absolutely loved it :)

Just a few things I picked up this week.

2lxdlip.jpg

noc6xf.jpg

I just adore Skyrim and the Collector's Edition Game Guide is glorious. Absolutely love the build quality and art on the front. So friggin' nice.

September/October/November pick ups. Sorry to post the 3 month, in the November pick ups.

Inception BR

GOW origin collection

PSN card

U3

R3

Batman:AC

I also bought Infamous Festival of blood and clash of heroes of PSN.

Madrical

Banned
Sorry for the unmade bed, I was grumpy until I got home and saw this, couldn't be bothered making it neat. And the photos are crap because of my iPhone 3GS.

Anywho, I got a big parcel today!

IMG_0213.jpg

IMG_0214.jpg

IMG_0215.jpg

IMG_0216.jpg

IMG_0217.jpg

IMG_0218.jpg

Madrical

Banned
I won it for $305, bid $555. Shipping was something like $120 though. I don't mind, I love the thing. I don't even play WoW anymore, I'm still subscribed and play every couple of weeks for an hour or so, but not like I used to. This is a server I used to play back in 2004-2005 with my best mate. Pretty much was my life back then, and I'm not ashamed of a second of that fact since I've grown out of it. It's great for nostalgia factor.

EDIT: Plus I'm pretty sure every cent (or most of it) went to charity too. So it's for a good cause, even if that wasn't my main intention.

Madrical said:
I won it for $305, bid $555. Shipping was something like $120 though. I don't mind, I love the thing. I don't even play WoW anymore, I'm still subscribed and play every couple of weeks for an hour or so, but not like I used to. This is a server I used to play back in 2004-2005 with my best mate. Pretty much was my life back then, and I'm not ashamed of a second of that fact since I've grown out of it. It's great for nostalgia factor.

EDIT: Plus I'm pretty sure every cent (or most of it) went to charity too. So it's for a good cause, even if that wasn't my main intention.

So odd to own the physical thing it ran on (awesome though).

Thats way cool, I'd love to own a physical FFXI server lol.

Game was such a big part of my life for a long time, even long after its shut down it would be cool to pretend my Vana'diel lived on forever in my closet or wherever I put it. :D

Olorin

novembergames.jpg

Zeruda get! And Driift Mania because I needed a new little multiplayer game. Haven't played Zelda yet, but the manual is disappointingly thin.

Madrical

Banned
Conrad Link said:
Thats way cool, I'd love to own a physical FFXI server lol.

Game was such a big part of my life for a long time, even long after its shut down it would be cool to pretend my Vana'diel lived on forever in my closet or wherever I put it. :D
Yeah, exactly. :)

CryptiK

NaqZw.jpg

Asus Essence STX Sound card and Audio Technica AD-700's

JepDK.jpg

Portal 2 Coasters I bought a desk last month and needed coasters the shipping cost more to get these(also got Aperture Science glass not pictured)

and just ordered Batman AC Collectors Edition and Mario Land 3D

Stubo

So much awesome this month, it's going to be a good weekend!

The best value limited/collectors edition I've bought in a long time:
U8xaol.jpg

A little something to upgrade my audio experience and to prepare for a future headphone upgrade:
64Fozl.jpg

A few more games for my ridiculous backlog. I hope you're right about Shadows of the Damned, GAF!
OQFfBl.jpg

Madrical

Banned
CryptiK said:
http://i.imgur.com/NaqZw.jpg[IMG]
Asus Essence STX Sound card and Audio Technica AD-700's

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/JepDK.jpg[IMG]
Portal 2 Coasters I bought a desk last month and needed coasters the shipping cost more to get these(also got Aperture Science glass not pictured)

and just ordered Batman AC Collectors Edition and Mario Land 3D[/QUOTE]
Using that sound card right now. It's great :) Picked it up with my Shure SRH940's.

Jealous of the coasters! They're awesome. <3 gaming swag.

RetroEd

Not a bad haul in the post today. No Super Mario 3D Land yet, though.

• EDGE #235
  • Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary
  • Tetris 3DS
  • Cars 2 Blu-ray Steelbook
haul.jpg

And 3D Classics: Kirby's Adventure, to make up for no SM3DL.

kirby3d.jpg

Z2JLh.jpg

Ow yeaaah. It's going to be an awesome afternoon.

Not pictured : my taxes. Plus 10%. It hurts.
(what ? I have a driving test on monday and I have to learn my cardiology and gynecology courses before next week ? I have tiiiiime).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom