• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NOVEMBER 2011 Pick-Up Post!! (Real pics or BAN!)! - 5 Year Anniversary!

Status
Not open for further replies.

isny

napkin dispenser
Lots to show from my recent trip to Japan and the stuff that came in while I was away.

I've already posted my gaming pickups from Japan, so this is just what's left over. (And one pickup from Blizzcon that I didn't have time to post)

Click any of the photos for larger images.

Toys! (Stitch Square Enix Playarts, Dragonball Z Cell, Finding Nemo Bruce, Mario Galaxy Penguin Costume Block, Hawaiin Vacation Mr. Prickle Pants Keychain, Tiki Stitch Keychain)

Pokemon 2012 Mcdonalds Calendar, Stitch Pirates Tissue, Gundam Wing Duo Keychain, Pirate Stitch Iphone Skin, Pokemon Center Postcards and Pen

Blizzcon 2011 Exclusive Iphone Case (Limited to 150 or 250)

Games and Movies =D

Stitch plush from UFO/claw game and Game Center CX Kacho sheets, lol

Tokyo Disneyland Christmas 2011 Mug and Magnet

Sonic 20th Anniversary Towel from UFO/Claw Game (I had a photo of the box uploaded a few pages back, so here's one of the real thing!)

Sinthetic

Howl's Moving Castle / Tales from Earthsea JP Blu Ray

30c2ct0.jpg

Rare Exports Blu Ray

2uxuyxe.jpg

Zelda: SS CE

23jq4h4.jpg

Second last big pick-up for the month,picked up a PS3 and Uncharted 3 today and the blu rays are from earlier this month.Will be picking up the Killzone 3 Helghast Edition
and Infamous 2 Hero Edition next week Friday as the prices just dropped to dirt cheap levels.

IMAG0616.jpg

Pollux

I love these threads, and now I can finally post in them since I can now get photo's onto my computer.

So I got myself tickets to the UK v. Penn State basketball game this weekend and:

Kn4hs.jpg

EDIT: Can't believe I forgot about this -- Was perusing a used bookstore earlier this month and found a First Edition of Dune (aka my favorite book of all time):

qXSyt.jpg

JaJLm.jpg

Yes Boss!

Finally headed back to the states for a few weeks! Bought two of these controllers for fighters since I don't have access to my sticks:

55b98deb.jpg

And needed a cheap disposable TV for a PS3 I'm bringing back with me:

a12e56d3.jpg

Wichu

Sorry for the crappy phone pics:

2808tmu.png

Spanking new PC. This was actually last month, but I'll post it anyway. Also, my desk is a mess.

2emel9w.png

Metroid Prime Trilogy, Freakyforms, Sonic Colours, 999, Jump Ultimate Stars, Solatorobo. About £100 in total. I need to stop spending so much money on games :(

fkz95t.png

Bonus: Ninja Theory mousemat I got for free at a careers fair yesterday.

Also, :lol at 'DUES EX' on the label of soundtrack above.

Yes Boss!

MarshMellow96 said:
Where did you get this controller from?
Got it from amazon. Search for "Fighting Commander Pro 3" and they are in stock for $35. I'm pleased with it...a little tight out of the box but it loosened up after a week of use. And it has sharp looks since it is Hori design. Worth a try! I have another one waiting for me in California since I'm happy with it.

Apath

My old TSX got totalled (PIC!) and insurance gave me a nice check, so I picked this up:
ENrkHl.jpg

IBc7Wl.jpg

Lexus is250 with 43k miles on it. Pretty damn happy with it :D

nateeasy

Banned

Running Cap, UA Thermal and Adidas shoes.

Looney Tunes Platinum Collection Bluray CE. 9212 of 36000. The lithograph is gorgeous.

Monas

imag00771.jpg

And i think these'll be my last buys for this month

*The watch is for my missus. I keep a secret trunk full of surprise gifts like this. It has saved me many a time.

daffy

Banned
dat cooking swag

6359861507_59d29d24ef_z.jpg

Kind of big shirt (unisex S), but it should get smaller . Looks lovely.

6359869255_a0077ace16_z.jpg

See you after Black Friday GAF!!! squeeeeee

Madrical said:
Sorry for the unmade bed, I was grumpy until I got home and saw this, couldn't be bothered making it neat. And the photos are crap because of my iPhone 3GS.

Anywho, I got a big parcel today!

[IMG-]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/weylok/pickups/IMG_0213.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG-]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/weylok/pickups/IMG_0214.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG-]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/weylok/pickups/IMG_0215.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG-]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/weylok/pickups/IMG_0216.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG-]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/weylok/pickups/IMG_0217.jpg[/IMG]

IMG_0218.jpg

Can you turn it on somehow? Plug some keyboard and mouse and pop a live cd and have a look around? Also, do you mind taking GOOD! pictures of the innards and post them somewhere?

I would love that!
Major Gz man! I'm jelly!

endre

Got these this month (other then a new laptop):

Taken with nokia 6630 crappy camera.

The size of the DwD hard cover really suprised me.
I have to admit that i have read the Hungarian version of the first three books.

Sofo

Went to art supplies store on wednesday to grab a postural mannequin for my dad. Came back two days later and got myself some stuff. Here it is!

November 2011 pick-ups by ietes, on Flickr

Calligraphy set for drawing. They had no holders on their own and nibs, so just grabbed this whole set. It's fun to use, but I'm not familiar with it just yet.

Had never seen these in Spain, only on amazon.co.uk! Obviously had to buy them, and they're amazing, to say the least. Love them!

Detail of the drawing inks. Btw, they're William edition.

Masking fluid for watercolors (need to learn more how to use it, I tend to wait too much), big flat brush, small fine round brush and probably the best pick-up after the inks, a Pentel aquabrush, great for sketching! Can't get over how great it works.

No more spending for the rest of the month!

Can you turn it on somehow? Plug some keyboard and mouse and pop a live cd and have a look around? Also, do you mind taking GOOD! pictures of the innards and post them somewhere?

I would love that!
Major Gz man! I'm jelly!

The disks are wiped on all the blades that they sold, so there's not going to be anything on there.

Apath

I think my next car will be a used luxury car with about 30-40k miles on it. What price range did this set you back? What kind of warranty did you get (if any)?
It's a Lexus Certified vehicle, so it comes with a 100,000/3yr warranty. Before taxes and fees, etc, it cost me 26k (minus a good chunk from the insurance company). If I didn't bother getting the Lexus certification I could have probably found a near identical car for 23-24k.

I should also note that it's an 08, but it has all of the extras like the luxury and premium package.

ravien56

Been thinking about getting a espresso machine for quite awhile. Homeoutfitters made me bite on this:

X0l8Cl.jpg

01CrPl.jpg

VrSK2l.jpg

Retails for $200 but was on sale for $150 and got $60 in gift cards.

iNvid02

don't know how those scratches got there but they add to it, make it feel worn and ancient. its a great guide
actually, one of the best i've read. if you use it in moderation then it doesn't take away from the experience at all,
i only use it when im stuck, or if there are multiple outcomes etc - its good for planning your quests too

zJszb.jpg

Sadist

Ah November time

MKfBV.jpg

Pick-up for life: my drivers license! EDGE and Aliens Infestation. Nice little game btw. Next post will be self-explanatory.

TTaNe.jpg

The_Monk

A little more store credit/vouchers so I decided to get this double pleasure.

I plan on getting on both soon I just don't know which one to start first...

oVf2ul.jpg

ravien56

That coffee seems soo good. Love Coffee.

So much nice pick-ups lately, I wish I could grab some for myself. :)

I picked up a bunch over this past month, and we still have BF deals coming up!

I finally re-bought a used 3DS after selling my launch unit this summer.
b9apw.jpg

I sold off a bunch of my personal PS1 collection at the beginning of this past summer to finance a three week trek I took to NYC, so I'm slowly in the process of picking a bunch of stuff back up, along with some titles I didn't have before.
2edcg9j.jpg

ct7cp.jpg

20frfrk.jpg

The Ar Tonelico was a re-buy, but the rest were all new.
29na5ue.jpg

Then we've got a lot of PS3/PS2 pick-ups from some local stores and GameFly sales.
141i34x.jpg

Finally, some more classic stuff.
b3ph68.jpg

Last, but not least, I came across a $5 copy of this beauty.
ftd5ok.jpg

man....I wish there were places near me that sold shit like that for $5.

There's a used store about 45 minutes away from me that has a huge selection of older-gen stuff. Of course, most of it is WAY overpriced (we're talking $70 for a Model 2 Genesis and still $100 for FFVII), but where we're in the boonies and it practically has everything most people look for, it gets a ton of business.

However, they tend to overlook a bunch of stuff. I also picked up Xenogears for $10 a few years ago, along with a $10 Persona 3 guide, and my biggest haul was a score of around 30 PS2 network adapters for $3 each when they were still selling for about $50 a piece on eBay.

I won it for $305, bid $555. Shipping was something like $120 though. I don't mind, I love the thing. I don't even play WoW anymore, I'm still subscribed and play every couple of weeks for an hour or so, but not like I used to. This is a server I used to play back in 2004-2005 with my best mate. Pretty much was my life back then, and I'm not ashamed of a second of that fact since I've grown out of it. It's great for nostalgia factor.

EDIT: Plus I'm pretty sure every cent (or most of it) went to charity too. So it's for a good cause, even if that wasn't my main intention.

Wow, $305 for that thing seems like a really good deal.

How many of them are there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom