• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NOVEMBER 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (6 YEAR ANNIVERSARY)!

bPod

^So jealous but no hate. Wish I reserved my copy from BB instead of EB. Oh well...

Getting back on track

camera_Tony1.jpg

My haul from my local Bestbuy Tuesday Halo 4 midnight release!

Halo4BestbuyMidnightrelease.jpg

Heh, so I didn't notice that those were pens at first and thought that they were just part of the shirt design. Kinda looked like Master Chief sprouted elite sword wings and was about to take off with them. I figured I was just really out of the loop in Halo 4 and that it had flying missions or something.

Put in Space Harrier style bonus levels 343i and I'm yours forever

Willectro

Banned
You're acting immature. Leave the guy alone, there's no need to sneer at his profession.
You also sound crazy jealous.

Yes, I am crazy jealous of Sethos, his amazing job (including his painfully high salary), and his Xim Edge device, which a pleb like myself could never hope to acquire as only someone as well paid as Sethos could ever afford the steep $89.99 price tag. When I grow up, I hope to be half the man Sethos is. I'm sorry a 99%er like myself ever questioned his purchase.

Also a note to those considering picking up BLOPS2 on 360: Don't bother, Sethos has already won.

Yes, I am crazy jealous of Sethos, his amazing job (including his painfully high salary), and his Xim Edge device, which a pleb like myself could never hope to acquire as only someone as well paid as Sethos could ever afford the steep $89.99 price tag. When I grow up, I hope to be half the man Sethos is. I'm sorry a 99%er like myself ever questioned his purchase.

Also a note to those considering picking up BLOPS2 on 360: Don't bother, Sethos has already won.

My god, let it go.

Yes, I am crazy jealous of Sethos, his amazing job (including his painfully high salary), and his Xim Edge device, which a pleb like myself could never hope to acquire as only someone as well paid as Sethos could ever afford the steep 70.60€ ($89.99) price tag. When I grow up, I hope to be half the man Sethos is. I'm sorry a 99%er like myself ever questioned his purchase.

are you on medication?

Yuripaw

Banned
IMAG0288.jpg

This will not be the last you guys see of me in this thread...gonna be an eventful month ^_^

Enjoying Halo 4 so far, and managed to snag The Last Story during the amazon deal.

I am just so psyched about this deal I got that I had to show off. All the PS Vita stuff, the system, games, and an 8gb memory card I just got today from ordering on ebay for $152 with shipping. Super happy ^_^

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus

I'm going to give you an opportunity to stop now. If you have any additional issues to take up with Sethos, you'll do it via PM.

Rubius

IMAG0288.jpg

This will not be the last you guys see of me in this thread...gonna be an eventful month ^_^

Enjoying Halo 4 so far, and managed to snag The Last Story during the amazon deal.

I am just so psyched about this deal I got that I had to show off. All the PS Vita stuff, the system, games, and an 8gb memory card I just got today from ordering on ebay for $152 with shipping. Super happy ^_^

152$?! What? There must be a catch somewhere, was the system used or is broken? Or just got lucky on a auction.

Yuripaw

Banned
152$?! What? There must be a catch somewhere, was the system used or is broken? Or just got lucky on a auction.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150940631274?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

The guy does heavily hint at the system being damaged. Even after I bought it, he pointed out that it was scratched on the back, and the shoulder button had a dent in it...which is all true. However it still works perfectly. The back has some marks on it, but the front of it still looks brand new. The screen has no marks, so gameplay isn't affected, and the buttons all click and feel just fine. There is a gash in the left shoulder button, but nothing that would really detract from the experience. I am more than satisfied, heh.

I'm going to give you an opportunity to stop now. If you have any additional issues to take up with Sethos, you'll do it via PM.

In all my years in the pick up thread, I can't remember you stopping in.
:D

$152 for that package....amazing

Back to the pickups!

IMAG0288.jpg

I am just so psyched about this deal I got that I had to show off. All the PS Vita stuff, the system, games, and an 8gb memory card I just got today from ordering on ebay for 119.25€ ($152) with shipping. Super happy ^_^

damn it, i just saw a ps vita for 80€ but it's US only shipping.

Yuripaw

Banned
omg...this just gets better and better. The system itself isn't even scratched! Ya know how when you buy a system, it has that protective plastic over of it that you can peel off? All of the scratches were only on the plastic! I took it off just now, and the system itself doesn't have a mark on it. :D

omg...this just gets better and better. The system itself isn't even scratched! Ya know how when you buy a system, it has that protective plastic over of it that you can peel off? All of the scratches were only on the plastic! I took it off just now, and the system itself doesn't have a mark on it. :D

Wow man, Thats awesome. Good job!

Rubius

Man, you lucky dog. Good job!

Deefuzz

Been a while. Have a bit to cover:

photo5-2.jpg

Already finished it, short but alright story if you are already invested at all in the Transformers Prime fiction.

photo5-3.jpg

I had no idea that Target was carrying used games. Got this for $12.99 last night.

photo2-1-1.jpg

Love the 1/6th Boba Fett. Still haven't had the chance to open Samus yet.

photo3-2.jpg

Wasn't expecting the mini Lego Batmobile or the really oddball GTAV promo item at Target.

photo4-3.jpg

Found some Lego City Undercover preorders with the exclusive minifig

photo3-3.jpg

Lastly I picked up a Marvel Select Thanos, and several older Lego sets at a local toy show. I was shocked to see the really old sets in person, and the price was nice enough for me to bring them home.

LordAlu

How do you hold that?
I've got one and it works quite well. Palm obviously goes on the palm rest, your thumb on the little joystick and the rest of your fingers reach over the keys. You can either use the joystick like a WASD system or just use the keys and map the joystick directions to something else. It's comfortable too since it's designed to support your hand and wrist in the position you would use for gaming, rather than keyboards which are mainly designed for typists.

FStop7

Banned
I've got one and it works quite well. Palm obviously goes on the palm rest, your thumb on the little joystick and the rest of your fingers reach over the keys. You can either use the joystick like a WASD system or just use the keys and map the joystick directions to something else. It's comfortable too since it's designed to support your hand and wrist in the position you would use for gaming, rather than keyboards which are mainly designed for typists.

So you use it in conjunction with a mouse for free look, aiming and firing? Hmm. I need to find one I can try, my wrist hurts after an hour or so of using a regular keyboard for gaming.

LordAlu

So you use it in conjunction with a mouse for free look, aiming and firing? Hmm. I need to find one I can try, my wrist hurts after an hour or so of using a regular keyboard for gaming.
Exactly. You can map all the keys however you like, even with macros, making it especially useful for RTS or MMOs too.

Manp

some are from late October:

- Halo 4
- Assassin's Creed III
- Assassin's Creed III: LIberation
- Professor Layton and the Last Specter

- Binary Domain
- Asura's Wrath
- Ghost Recon Future Soldier

- Lollipop Chainsaw

- Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm: Generations

some family photos:

and:

- Gran Turismo 4 (used)

this has been an expensive month...
LLShC.gif

:)

Quake1028

Congrats! Extremely jealous, my fiance and I are huge WDW fans.

Thanks! My wife is super excited, lol. We already went to Magic Kingdom on Saturday night and then all day Epcot on Sunday for food & wine festival. My wife used to work at Disney reservations years ago so we got very burned out on it back then but enough time has passed.

These must of set you back some coin with how much they are charging for passes to their theme parks now.

Yes, it's crazy. Almost $1,000 combined for the two of them. But, with it being $95 just to get in one park per person, we only have to go 5 times to justify the cost. We only live over in Tampa so it's not a bad trip at all.

isual

I picked up

Shadow hearts 1
Shining Tears
Halo 4
Black ops 2 (incoming)

and the horus heresy book Fear to tread.

xJavonta

Banned
How do you hold that?

Like a keyboard

Today's my birthday and I don't have many pickups to show for it since I went clothes shopping courtesy of my parents a week ago, but I did wake up from a long night of studying to this
An awesome handmade candy bouquet from my fantastic mom.

Then, after taking that long test I studied for I came home to this:
A copy of Rage I got for $5 on Newegg.

And my little 5 year old sister saved up a few buck to buy me some compressed air and monitor wipes for my computer haha. I needed it too. Happy 19th birthday to me.

Today's my birthday and I don't have many pickups to show for it since I went clothes shopping courtesy of my parents a week ago, but I did wake up from a long night of studying to this

An awesome handmade candy bouquet from my fantastic mom.

Then, after taking that long test I studied for I came home to this:

A copy of Rage I got for $5 on Newegg.

And my little 5 year old sister saved up a few buck to buy me some compressed air and monitor wipes for my computer haha. I needed it too. Happy 19th birthday to me.

Happy 19th Birthday!

Andrew J.

Went to the mall today to see The Man with the Iron Fists, got some stuff on a whim:

Nov8Pickup.jpg

Contact

Kirby Squeak Squad

Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask

sca2511

Cross posting from the Comic thread.

GF gave me some early birthday presents.

xxxkul.jpg

#121 & #122

r5OeIl.jpg

Avengers' heads baking pan, comic book cookie cutters, Avengers' heads cookie cutters, and Spidey Spatula.

I was so giddy to get these. She got me into Spider-Man with the Vol. 1 of the Essentials, Vol. 1 Omnibus, and now these. Mannnnnnnnnnnnn

Buttons

Pokemon White 2 and iPhone 5 16GB white. Loving both the game and the phone, am so happy at the moment. :D

Just wish those new apple headphones actually fit me but all normal buds fall our of my ears, can only use in-ears.

pickupuzr96.jpg

BFIB

Cross posting from the Comic thread.

GF gave me some early birthday presents.

xxxkul.jpg

#121 & #122

r5OeIl.jpg

Avengers' heads baking pan, comic book cookie cutters, Avengers' heads cookie cutters, and Spidey Spatula.

I was so giddy to get these. She got me into Spider-Man with the Vol. 1 of the Essentials, Vol. 1 Omnibus, and now these. Mannnnnnnnnnnnn

Awesome gifts! #121 and 122 are on my wish lists. Are you going to get them graded?

It was my 21st birthday last month, and my friends were very generous :)

Link on Epona statue from my brother. I'm pretty sure they made 1500.

New monitor from my friends. It's a 2560x1440 IPS, so good for Photoshop.

GTX 680

256gb SSD from my parents.

Nike SB Stefan Janoski from parents as well.

Adventure Time comics.

Shirts, the one on the left is a tri-blend.

edit: I also bought a pair of Naked and Famous jeans, I should have them on Monday; and I finished paying off my Wii U preorder :)

Top Bottom