• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NOVEMBER 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (6 YEAR ANNIVERSARY)!

Just received this (and 3 more copies):

E8B15CEF-E095-4757-A053-0B86D5DC4CAA-5338-0000037746A82415_zpsbbcf5ddf.jpg

zmet

Nice, that must have cost a pretty penny.
Yeah, it did. I always wanted a copy since I'm a big Toaplan shooter fan.

Nice. Is Locke any good (and which story is it based on)? I have some of the mangas (sadly there were only 9 or 11 volumes released in Poland) and I quite liked them, but never seen any of the adaptations...
This is a blind buy for me. I'm hoping that it will be pretty good.

Westraid

Trauma Center for me:
trauma.png

And this is one of the presents for my Father's upcoming birthday.
corgi.png

Last weekend I came over to my parents place and, both being James Bond fans, we sat down to watch Top Gear's James Bond special. My father remembered he had the DB5 from Corgi Toys that was modelled after the car in Goldfinger. He described it in the smallest details and he was sorry he no longer had it, so I tried to find one online for his birthday.

Problem is, the 60s models that were available were all in very poor shape, very damaged and often incomplete, so I got this newer model, with the same features as the one he used to have as a kid. This one even came in the original packaging.

corgi.png

Problem is, the 60s models that were available were all in very poor shape, very damaged and often incomplete, so I got this newer model, with the same features as the one he used to have as a kid. This one even came in the original packaging.

I have one of the 60s ones! It is pretty rough though, it was dad's childhood toy.

Massa

Unfortunately, I won't be able to play Deus Ex because for the second time in 2 weeks I have to send my PS3 to Sony so they can fix it. I received my "coffin" today.

IMG_0178.jpg

I was super impressed with Sony the first time I sent it in because I got it back in like 4 days. I guess they just sent me another broken unit. Hopefully this time they actually fix the d@mn thing.

I'd suggest you trade the returned PS3 while it's working and get a new one on Black Friday, if possible. There's not really a fix for these old systems, it's unfortunately just a matter of time before they break again. :(

The_Monk

Lmao, you spent +/- $150 to be marginally better at CoD? I wish I had money to piss away like that.

A fool and his money are soon parted.

From the first page:

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

HardRojo

Trauma Center for me:
trauma.png

Been wanting to venture into the Trauma Center series for a good while now, I need to score the DS titles first and then maybe I'll try and get the Wii ones, how are those? I only tried the DS games and they were nice so I'm gonna get them after I finish my Ace Attorney and Layton Collections.

Auskeek

Been wanting to venture into the Trauma Center series for a good while now, I need to score the DS titles first and then maybe I'll try and get the Wii ones, how are those? I only tried the DS games and they were nice so I'm gonna get them after I finish my Ace Attorney and Layton Collections.

I know this wasn't directed at me, but nyomg I love Trauma Centre Second Opinion on Wii. I actually haven't played much of the DS games but I absolutely loved the Wii controls. New Blood is a bit frustrating if you're playing without a coop partner. Trauma Team had some pretty weak gameplay elements, but it's still got that goofy charm that I love about Trauma Centre. Please bring out a Wii U Trauma game!

Willectro

Banned
From the first page:

1. You aren't a mod.

2. I don't see any harm in calling out someone purchasing a device to effectively gain an unfair advantage over others online. The best part about online console gaming is that everyone is on a level playing field (for the most part) and garbage like this destroys that experience. Oh, you have " so much money it fucking hurts"? Buy a PC then, big spender.

Sethos

Banned
2. I don't see any harm in calling out someone purchasing a device to effectively gain an unfair advantage over others online. The best part about online console gaming is that everyone is on a level playing field (for the most part) and garbage like this destroys that experience. Oh, you have " so much money it fucking hurts"? Buy a PC then, big spender.

Oh so you're just bitter because you get killed online, got it.

And I already have a high-end PC.

Yazuka

Got these three really, really cheap. About 9dollars each I think. Around 60SEK at least, so I couldn't resist.

2012-11-05-AssassinsCreedgames.jpg

Sethos

Banned
I didn't know help desk jobs paid so well.

Except I'm third level supporter with server responsibility in a large company which pays very handsomely, that's still covered by 'IT Supporter'.

Stop being such a butthurt pleb and get on with your life, perhaps get a job instead of being an ass on NeoGAF :)

Sethos

Banned
does that usb thing let u use that controller on 360? can u send me a link that looks pretty cool.

Let's you use a mouse and keyboard on your 360 with no / extremely little latency, basically feels like playing on PC.

http://store.xim3.com/XIM-EDGE_p_12.html

Just check the hardware compatibility list, only select mice and keyboards work. The G13 is just perfect for TV chair gaming. You also need a wired 360 controller.

Microsoft has given the thing a green light, so no fear of getting suspended or anything using it.

Willectro

Banned
Except I'm third level supporter with server responsibility in a large company which pays very handsomely, that's still covered by 'IT Supporter'.

Stop being such a butthurt pleb and get on with your life, perhaps get a job instead of being an ass on NeoGAF :)

You're trying to polish a turd. I don't think that someone in a help desk job should be calling anyone a 'pleb'. Oh, but you are "third level"? Well then, that changes everything. You are the king of the help desk.

Sethos

Banned
How does these things work, exactly. Can I play shooters like PC?

Yep. Configure it on PC, download profiles etc. hook it up to your 360, plug in Wired 360 controller, mouse and keyboard and you're off.

Also works on the PS3 by the way.

You're trying to polish a turd. I don't think that someone in a help desk job should be calling anyone a 'pleb'. Oh, but you are "third level"? Well then, that changes everything. You are the king of the help desk.

I've hit some buttons with this guy, lol.

The PS Vita I ordered from the Target $179 clearance finally showed up after being delayed from the storm. I think I am going to keep this one and return the AC3 bundle I bought since it has the bigger memory card and I finished AC3:L

Shadow780

Yep. Configure it on PC, download profiles etc. hook it up to your 360, plug in Wired 360 controller, mouse and keyboard and you're off.

Also works on the PS3 by the way.

So you map the buttons on PC first and then connect to console?

How do they stimulate analog aiming with mouse?

Willectro

Banned
Christ. Sethos did you piss that kids cheerios.

There seems to be something wrong with your keyboard. Call Sethos to help you out with that. If he can't fix it, he can escalate it to the fourth level. Fourth Level at his company are billionaires.

Sethos

Banned
So you map the buttons on PC first and then connect to console?

How do they stimulate analog aiming with mouse?

Well, there is a default profile for keyboard and mouse for most shooters, the usual stuff like R for reload, Shift for sprint etc. but you can map it in whatever way you are comfortable with, even make 'macro' like binds to hold breath when aiming etc. but yes, you hook it up to a PC and you can do all the configuring, updating, adding profiles meaning you can switch profiles on the fly with F1-12 keys.

They use some sort of "Smart Translator" technology which makes it feel just like playing it on PC. I was blown away first time I tried it, feels damn near perfect. Didn't expect that after all those other products that let you do the same and just have a metric ton of latency.

Only 'problem' with the thing is you need to have updated profiles for each game, for perfect calibration, ballistic curve and all that jazz. So you can use a Blops 1 profile for Blops 2 no problem but it takes a day or two before a fully calibrated version is released by them.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
The fuck happened here? Where are the pickups?

Shadow780

Well, there is a default profile for keyboard and mouse for most shooters, the usual stuff like R for reload, Shift for sprint etc. but you can map it in whatever way you are comfortable with, even make 'macro' like binds to hold breath when aiming etc. but yes, you hook it up to a PC and you can do all the configuring, updating, adding profiles meaning you can switch profiles on the fly with F1-12 keys.

They use some sort of "Smart Translator" technology which makes it feel just like playing it on PC. I was blown away first time I tried it, feels damn near perfect. Didn't expect that after all those other products that let you do the same and just have a metric ton of latency.

Only 'problem' with the thing is you need to have updated profiles for each game, for perfect calibration, ballistic curve and all that jazz. So you can use a Blops 1 profile for Blops 2 no problem but it takes a day or two before a fully calibrated version is released by them.

Damn this sounds awesome. Thanks!

BlackJace

You're acting immature. Leave the guy alone, there's no need to sneer at his profession.
You also sound crazy jealous.

FStop7

Banned
Is it safe to come back into this thread or are we still self righteously deriding the toy purchases of others?

Top Bottom