• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NOVEMBER 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (6 YEAR ANNIVERSARY)!

Ally1987

2012-11-17012317.jpg

Yes Boss!

The Mini Modulars set.

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Mini-Modulars-10230

Which (as the name indicates) is a collection of mini versions of the larger and more expensive modular sets.

http://search2.lego.com/?q=modular&lang=2057&cc=US

A pretty fun set.

I've got that hankering for a big build again. Wanna do the London Bridge or a big Technic set, maybe the Excavator. Did get to build the Haunted House a few weeks ago in SF, and though not a modular, it is pretty close.

x3r0123

my buddy that works for something related to SE got me this for cheap

IMG_20121116_202032.jpg

IMG_20121116_202124.jpg

IMG_20121116_202142.jpg

already had CC and FF9 but not sealed. They told me it would be black label but that turned out to be a lie :(. Well for $5, can't say i'm sad

leng jai

The 3DS one looks awesome? :S

It's literally a piece of plastic under the console with very little design whatsoever. I've got one and it's functional (in the sense it creates a designated charging spot) but not much else.

pahamrick

Picked up a white AC3:L Vita bundle and a few games, don't have a decent camera handy to take pics of the physical goods so here's my (mostly digital) pickups for it.

Hot Shots, Disgaea 3 and AC3:L are physical copies. Got Raganok Odyssey digitally as pretty much every store around me was sold out. Grabbed Disgaea 3 today when I was putting a pre-order down for Persona 4: Golden.

Then I grabbed the few PSP games I missed and really wanted after mine bricked and I never bothered replacing it. (Trails, Tactics, Lunar).

The Persona trilogy and FFT was more of an impulse buy due to the sale, as I already have P3 FES and I've got FFT on PS1 but they were worth it. Farther along in P3P now then I was in FES since I can play on the go during down time.

Pretty happy with the device, and I should be set for portable gaming for a good long time.

zmet

Loose Super Star Wars Trilogy with manual for Super Star Wars
jp67.jpg

AV Modded Famicom
jp68.jpg

Bill &Ted's Excellent Adventure
jp69.jpg

Loose Abadox with manual and Hebereke
jp70.jpg

clem84

Gold Member
My 360 has RRODed a few times recently so I know it's on its way out. So I had the perfect excuse to get the Halo 4 bundle. But I had no idea of the amount of stuff my local Futureshop were giving away on launch day.

DSCF1518.jpg

DSCF1519.jpg

An art book thingy called Field guide. Details the story in the first three games and a little about Halo 4. Wasn't even supposed to get this. The guy had a pile of them next to the register. I asked "what's this?" He just took one and put it in the bag. :)

DSCF1525.jpg

DSCF1526.jpg

DSCF1527.jpg

DSCF1528.jpg

They also had a steelbook case for the first 10 customers.

DSCF1530.jpg

and an average looking T-shirt.

DSCF1532.jpg

zmet

Awesome picture. Is that Akumajou Densetsu a pickup too? Best way to enjoy the game for sure, much better sounding.

Did you get that Famicom also S-Video or RGB modded, or just for composite out?
Composite only. Hearing the drums in Akumajou Densetsu was my main reason for getting the mod. With my AV Famicom, the drums would be overpowered by the melody.

Accoun

Oh what's this about a CD Projekt loyalty program?
While most of you may know CDP only for CDP Red and Witcher, CDP is primarily Poland's biggest game publisher, so if you live in Poland and register games they distribute (PC only IIRC), you get points that you can exchange for GOG games (since it belongs to CDP, too)...

Zajora

jqbdQFp0P5raY.png

Studio Monitor MDR-V6 Headphones, which I'm 90% sure aren't counterfeit. (Apparently they're often faked). I had originally intended to use the them for walking but they're a little bit too bulky, even in their folded state. I should ask Headphone-gaf for some recommendations :p

Leopold (Blue MX) Mechanical Keyboard. I'm very happy with it, both with how it looks and how it feels. :)

Picked up some new games off PSN for my flight to Tokyo.

Specifically Alundra (never played but I have heard great things), Ys OoF (Just starting after finishing Ys 7 last month), Corpse Party, and Castlevania SotN (Never made it past the first 30 minutes on my 360 version)

I think I am going to pick up God of War Ghost of Sparta as well.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
its a big one with some nice stuff still have 3 packages coming on top of these its like xmas :D
minixmas.jpg

NES: Duck Tales 2 (went down a dark road with this now i feel like i gotta get all the other expensive games :( )
ducktales2.jpg

NES: Star Voyager, Gyruss
stargyruss.jpg

Saturn: Legend of Oasis, Sonic 3D Blast
legendofsonicblast.jpg

DC: Silver, Blue Stinger
silverstinger.jpg

DC: Maken X
makenx.jpg

Body Harvest (N64), World Heroes (Genesis)
bodyheroes.jpg

The_Monk

FINALLY. A weekend with time to post. Late October and November pick-ups:

Resident Evil 4 HD for the 360.

9WgiJl.jpg

Forza Horizon Limited Edition

yq7pwl.jpg

Halo 4 Limited Edition + Pre-order DLC, Pin & Dog Tags

20pBkl.jpg

BhUIQl.jpg

20€ to my SEN Wallet

xIRmXl.jpg

Medal of Honor Warfighter Limited Edition This was a surprise from a family member. He asked me if he could send his Amazon package to my address since he wouldn't be at home to collect the order and if I could wait for the package on the Delivery day. Inside it was some games for him and when he opened a nice copy of this game was gifted for helping him with the order.

Wo5NZl.jpg

Dishonored A friend who finished the game asked me if I already had Dishonored. I said not yet. One day later he gave me Dishonored.

mQNQil.jpg

Call of Duty Black Ops II Hardened Edition Love the steelbook on this one, very clean & minimalistic

psQLvl.jpg

And finally, a Steve Jobs Book I bought with a Magazine

oPJvml.jpg

I think I'm done with major pick-ups this year. Thanks for watching fellow GAFfers.

Gameboy415

Picked up some cheap stuff and a few pre-orders came in over the last week.

1211-Misc1.jpg

-The PS Move gun & Vita case were on clearance for $5.98 each and the PSEye was $11.98.
I already have a PSEye/Move setup but I plan to use this one as a Webcam.

1211-Books1.jpg

-All pre-orders from Amazon. The Adventure Time GN was a great read and I'm surprised at how detailed the RE Archives are - great stuff!

1211-Games1.jpg

-I decided to scoop up the Silcon Knights games on the cheap before the recall kicks in next month and got the PS3 HD collections for half-price w/a Gamestop coupon last week.
I randomly found the Tekken Hybrid LE at Half-Price Books and got it for ~$10 with a 50% off coupon. The soundtrack is unopened and everything else is in great shape.
Mario & Sonic was a Best Buy deal of the day & Paper Mario is from NewEgg - I'm enjoying it a lot so far!

That's it for now, but tomorrow I'm getting my Wii U! :D

TheContact

got this Blue Chrome controller today, looks nice but leaves crazy fingerprints. I love it though.

got a 3DSXL and a Vita within the past month and now I'm playing Radiant Historia and so far it's awesome

IMG_1300.jpg

IMG_1034.jpg

A friend works at a TV station and they were throwing these away so he picked them up for me. Sony PVM 20L5 on top and Sony PVM 2530 on the bottom. Fantastic for retro gaming.

Now to get the proper rgb cables for it.

jbueno

IMG_1034.jpg

A friend works at a TV station and they were throwing these away so he picked them up for me. Sony PVM 20L5 on top and Sony PVM 2530 on the bottom. Fantastic for retro gaming.

Now to get the proper rgb cables for it.

Sooo jelly. Awesome PVMs by the way. See if you can score a BVM model too!

Top Bottom