• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NOVEMBER 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (6 YEAR ANNIVERSARY)!

Hazelhurst

I've been wanting a Prius for awhile. I got a new 2012 Prius in Blizzard Pearl.
0XzOV.jpg

9kBQy.jpg

fYcf3.jpg

Sxdtl.jpg

C.T.

@ ()_listerfeend_()

Who's the artist of those posters? (not the GoT one, or is it Martin Ansin as well?)

NZA36

Neo Member
WP_000051.jpg

WP_000052.jpg

next I need to put a Sanwa stick with a blue ball top in this one, and some Sanwa buttons in my Neo Geo Wii stick.

the Neo Geo stick is going to be more of a pain to do...

Fonz72

338010_3818522345537_1338148524_o.jpg

i'm an auto painter and i re-up'd on guns. sata rp and hvlp. not really gaming related, but they are a pretty huge pickup for me.

VERY VERY nice, I used to use the shop Sata guns to lay color, I have my own Iwata w400 that I use for clear......haven't been in auto body for a few years and I miss it. I do airframe repair on helicopters now.

Bii

I absolutely love new console launches and seeing what everyone got.

8199210418_4d8e50d855_b.jpg

8199210380_b0739f4e96_b.jpg

My Wii U launch day haul.

Nintendo Wii U. 32GB Deluxe Set. $362
Wii U Pro Controller. Black. $54
New Super Mario Bros. U. $52
Call of Duty: Black Ops II. $52

I initially preordered a Wii U Deluxe via Best Buy's in-store pickup. Due to Best Buy running a charge once (sometimes even twice a week), my credit card's fraud prevention center would alert me. Constantly being nagged by it, I opted to cancel and found two Wii U Basic reservation cards at Target. I sold one reservation card on Craigslist and kept one for myself. As the Wii U's launch nears, I was already planning my course of action. My local Target didn't open until 8am but I figure I would arrive there 45 minutes early to see if there's a line. Although I had a reservation card, I was still a bit skeptical as I had never preordered anything from Target. As I drove by Target and entered its parking lot, there was no line. There was, however, a good dozen or so cars parked in the lot with people waiting in them. I can safely assume they were waiting for a Wii U but weren't brave enough to stay out in the cold when it's raining. I, too, sat in my car, waiting to see if anyone would make a move to line up. As time drew closer to the store's opening, more and more cars started to pour in. I see one guy climbing out of his SUV to wait by the door and I quickly got out of my car to ensure my place in line. I really didn't want a Basic set and was hoping to get a Deluxe if there were enough systems available to those who didn't preorder it. I ended up being third in line while 20+ other individuals swarmed behind me. As soon as the doors opened, to my surprise, we all casually strolled to the electronics section in a single file line. I was ready to sprint and box people out if push came to shove.

Although I was third in line, I was the first to complete my transaction and left that Target with the first Wii U bought. The two guys ahead of me had reservation cards and the employees had to grab those consoles from a separate stack that was located in the stock room. They asked if I had a reservation and I mumbled a quick no, before asking which console I'd prefer to buy. I pointed at the Deluxe Set and the guy rung me up. With my console in hand, I made a quick stop at the Customer Service desk to get my $5 refund for the reservation card that I didn't use. I didn't buy any games or accessories there at Target since I knew there was a better deal at Toys R Us. I made my way to the nearest one (a quick 5 minutes) and grabbed Call of Duty: Black Ops II and New Super Mario Bros. U with their Buy One Get One 40% Off deal. Unsure of how well Black Ops II will play with the Wii U's GamePad, I bought a Pro Controller just in case. It did irk me a bit knowing that the Pro Controller cost more than the games that I was buying.

I came home, snapped a few quick photos and started the long process of updating the Wii U's OS and the updates for the three games I have (including Nintendo Land). As I'm typing this, I realize that my Wii U has been on ever since I got home (from 8:45am to 9:00pm). My sister's boyfriend came over (he bought a Wii U as well) and we put in some fun hours into New Super Mario Bros. U and Scribblenauts Unlimited, the latter being one of the games that he had purchased. We took a break for brunch and my girlfriend, brother and sister decided to join in so we can get some 5-player games in Nintendo Land. The mini-games are uber-fun and makes me feel like there was a lot of potential for similar games of the past (Pac-Man Vs. comes to mind) that I hope to appear on the Wii U. We didn't get to try Metroid Blast or The Legend of Zelda: Battle Quest due to those mini-games requiring each player (save for the GamePad user) to have MotionPlus. I, unfortunately, only have two Wii Remotes with MotionPlus. I'll have to head back to Toys R Us to grab FlingSmash for $20 each so that I can maximize my options at a reasonable price once I bring the Wii U over to Thanksgiving with my family/friends.

All in all, I am very pleased with the Wii U. I actually didn't get a chance to play much of Black Ops II but I already have an idea of what I'll get from that game. As with any console launch, there were a few hiccups but the pros easily outweighs its cons. It's going to be tough heading back to work tomorrow; almost makes me want to call in sick. [:

Spierek

Shitty phone camera time!

TWEWY was a gift from a certain someone, but just as I was about to play it (finished the game on a friend's copy back in the days) on my DS Lite, I had my console stolen. Talk about luck.

That's why I got a 3DS Cosmos Black, the Game Traveller pack, and Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy. In a week I'll also probably get my copy of Virtue's Last Reward from Amazon, which makes me very happy. Overall, a really good purchase that makes me glad I got it (and it was really cheap too, I've paid no more than 150$ for everything, the game included).

thebeeks

Banned

Originally preordered and paid off a basic Wii U a while back because I missed Gamestop's deluxe cutoff by an hour. Managed to get a deluxe at the local Target, so I used my store credit at the Gamestop to get a 3DS XL, Wiimote, and NSMBU.

Soul_Pie

Holy crap, some of your WiiU collections are enormous. So godamn jealous. I love new console launch times.

Anyone got all of the launch games yet? lol

rataven

Always cool pillow! Saw this mentioned in a sleep thread, so gave it a try. And it is always cool! Amazing.

l9CAnl.jpg

AC t-shirts and comic hardcovers. Desmond-centric, but overall nice additions to the AC universe.

aiZ6hl.jpg

qn39Vl.jpg

Mass Effect hardcovers. Haven't read them yet, but have heard good things.

NoAGQl.jpg

New movie and game. Plus, Cracker Jack prizes!

HRVn3l.jpg

Sorry guys! A few new dresses for the holidays, that clearly need a date with an iron before they go out.

VDitzl.jpg

So this is my first Pick-Up Post ever. It's not much but I thought I would share it:

U7E4W.jpg

From Best Buy:

Breaking Bad Seasons 1-4 for $11.99 each on Blu-Ray. Actually, there was Buy One, Get One Deal for Seasons 1 and 2 somehow, so I got 2 for free.

Fringe: Season 4 for $16.99 and Firefly: The Complete Series for $12.99. I wasn't expecting to buy both Fringe and Firefly but I couldn't help myself. The Breaking Bad deal is just nuts to me.

k3yring

Ordered two of the 30 mystery anime DVDs from Crunchyroll they arrived today.
Managed to only get 3 duplicates overall satisfied.
bZ6yAl.jpg

kikori

Neo Member
Our first house! Technically an October pickup, but we've been so busy with moving that I haven't been able to post it until now.

jftNG.jpg

And while not technically a new pickup, I did rediscover these while unpacking. They've been in a cardboard tube since 1996 and I completely forgot I had them. I'm still trying to decide if I should frame them and hang them in the new computer room. I'm leaning towards yes on TIE Fighter, but I'm a bit less sure for Dark Forces.

lmToE.jpg

And while not technically a new pickup, I did rediscover these while unpacking. They've been in a cardboard tube since 1996 and I completely forgot I had them. I'm still trying to decide if I should frame them and hang them in the new computer room. I'm leaning towards yes on TIE Fighter, but I'm a bit less sure for Dark Forces.

lmToE.jpg

frame both. they are both gorgeous

cj_iwakura

I bought it new and couldn't even get that OST. :(

Zoibie: I LOVE the PAL New Blood cover. US was just a lame red cross.

Accumulated stuff:

Analogue: A Hate Story
(Gifted)
3aIic.jpg

DEEP FEAR(gifted), VLR, Disgaea 4 LE, Child of Eden
FaoYl.jpg

b5x0a.jpg

gUCZn.jpg

Oh god this was so worth it:

IufUw.jpg

A killer7 fan's DREAM.
e79L8.jpg

IoNXU.jpg

highrider

Banned
VERY VERY nice, I used to use the shop Sata guns to lay color, I have my own Iwata w400 that I use for clear......haven't been in auto body for a few years and I miss it. I do airframe repair on helicopters now.
Yeah the tool guy is happy. I was using an older iwata for clear but I've been wanting the rp for clear so I just got a new base gun as well.

Top Bottom