• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

JackEtc

FTH said:
Hahaha, you have to take pictures for gaf !
Heres what I have so far, and my first time wearing a wig (that isn't combed or anything), but

u6h66l.jpg

Yep.

WEGGLES

Nitemare1 said:
DSC_0718.jpg

And it all sounds incredible! Even the earliest albums.
Yeah, didn't realize how much Piper at the Gates of Dawn needed it, heh.

sucks they're only re-issuing a few on vinyl. Would love to have Piper, Meddle and Animals on vinyl in decent shape for a price under a bazillion dollars, lol.

inner-G said:
Craigslist or something?

Congrats. That's epic for $50!
Actually a local pawn shop. Employee saw me digging through a few carts and said "We've got a whole tub of games we just got but haven't had a chance to put out yet, want to see?". Uh, yes please! I started loading up a cart while he began to try and look up prices...but when he saw how many I was interested in he said, "How about $1 per game, except genesis $0.25?" I was like a kid in a candy store.

Sofo

October pick-ups so far!

6226559906_9726763b36.jpg

Present from my parents and sister. A new work shirt. They just decided to surprise me like that, and I love it!

6226038767_6b7d8ef016.jpg

Tie is a present from my sister. It looks great with this shirt but it also will look good on plain shirts. Always wanted one with a pattern like this (most of the ones I have are with stripes).

6226039473_95a4ed69a2.jpg

6226558154_655239a4b5.jpg

Four new synthetic brushes, Van Gogh brand (not expensive and decent quality). Specially glad that now I have the 2 flat tongue different-sized ones as well as the sumi-e one.

New blurays

New games

Registered my car in California

New Diesel jeans

View from new apartment (not too exciting but close to a lot of things)

New chair and ottoman from Crate & Barrel

Bii

_dementia said:
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6115/6224268026_046aaf1271_z.jpg
Finally.

I'm jelly.

6226729793_c6dc55b25f_b.jpg

The Lion King Trilogy. Blu-Ray. $66.99

This trilogy includes The Lion King 3D/Blu-Ray/DVD/Digital Copy, The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride Blu-Ray/DVD and The Lion King 1 1/2 Blu-Ray/DVD. I was going to hold out until the latter two were released as individual titles but with The Lion King being one of my favorite Disney animated movies, I didn't mind splurging a bit to get this neat box set. I've only watched The Lion King Blu-Ray so far and it is glorious. It's been 17 years since it came out and yet, it still amazes me to this day (visually and conceptually). After having viewed it in HD, I wanted to replay the movie again.

Fun fact: I've only ever cried during two movies. I was 8 at the time and The Lion King was the first to do it. ;_;

6226732477_5f303b53e2_b.jpg

Action Comics #2. DC. $3.99
Men of War #2. DC. $3.99
Static Shock #2. DC. $2.99
Batwing #2. DC. $2.99

All 52 series of "The New 52" are out. My final verdict: I'm definitely following 12 month-to-month, 19 are on an issue-by-issue basis and the rest I'm dropping. I wanted to pick up the #2s of Swamp Thing, Animal Man, and Detective Comics but my local comic store were sold out by the time I went in on that Wednesday evening. So I grabbed these four and ordered the other three online through Midtown. I'm still keeping Action Comics and Batwing, and Men of War and Static Shock are still on an issue-by-issue basis. Actually, I was quite disppointed with Static. After the reveal at the end of #1, I was picturing the different scenarios that Static would be in...but issue #2 copped out and "fixed" his problem rather quickly without an explanation. *sigh*

6226731069_35765f9df3_b.jpg

Just Dance 3. Xbox 360/Kinect. $43

An impulse purchase. I was browsing my local Best Buy that just had a remodel (more spacious, cleaner and overall a much better experience in terms of employees being readily to help); and I saw Just Dance 3 available. I've played Just Dance 1/2/Kids as well as Dance Central. I was expecting a lot from a Just Dance title that uses the Kinect sensor. I was let down after playing a few songs knowing that the game only really tracks one of your hand's movements (just how it does with the Wii Remote for the Wii Just Dance titles). I know I wasn't going to get the choreography that I love in Dance Central but was just expecting more. I haven't tried those 4-player dances yet as those will have to wait once I get enough friends/family members to try it out with me. At the very least, I got two "exclusive" tracks from buying it at Best Buy (Katy Perry's E.T. and Teenage Dream) and those are pretty fun to flop around to.

6227251938_f7de7b9385_b.jpg

Mario's Picross. Game Boy via 3DS Virtual Console. $3.99

I was trying to track down a complete Game Boy cartridge but they were going for prices far beyond what I was willing to pay. So I settled for the version that's on the 3DS eShop. I have no regrets as I've been playing this game excessively over the past week. Well worth the 4 bucks I paid for it. I've finished "Easy" mode (64 puzzles), Kinoko (64 puzzles) and I'm about 20 puzzles into Star.

6226734585_de156aab25_b.jpg

Tetris Axis. Nintendo 3DS. $29.96

My 10th 3DS game. Technically, my 12th since I "gave" Samurai Warriors: Chronicles and Rayman 3DS to my brother. The only reason why I bought Tetris Axis is so that I could play it online against other people but that portion seems to be broken. The first day went smoothly; I was able to join games, play and didn't have any issues whatsoever. Over the past few days, I've been getting a lot of communication errors, disconnects and was only able to get in one game with another player. I guess I'll focus on the single-player moes and posting high scores until the online versus modes are fixed.

Gameboy415

Got some great stuff so far this month!

Some random newer stuff:
1110New1.jpg

Got everything on sale/cheap using coupons and what-not.
The Nintendo cards (top right) are from Club Nintendo.

Half-Price Books finds:
1110HPB1.jpg

The Simpsons comic is the Hardcover LE edition and it was only $7!
The Ernest Blu-rays were on clearance for $3 each and Go Go Hypergrind was only $2.

Flea Market Finds 10/2 & 10/9:
1110FleaMarket1.jpg

Got the Super Mario Kart box (box only, I already have the game and manual) and Illusion of Gaia game & box for $3!
Plus, all of the game manuals at the top were inside the Illusion of Gaia box!
The DuckTales PC game was $2 and actually has several other games in the box as well.
CoD4: Modern Warfare was $13, so I figured I'd finally check it out, haha.
Hey You Pikachu was $20, but it is complete and in excellent condition.
The Donkey Kong board game has all the pieces and was only $6!

Epic Goodwill finds:
1110Goodwill1.jpg

R.O.B. was only $2.99!! I already have one, but it doesn't work properly so I figured I could at least use this one for parts even if it doesn't work.
The games from left to right are:
(top) Rygar, Kid Niki, Miracle Piano Tutor, & Mach Rider.
(bottom) Contra, Gradius, Castlevania 3: Dracula's Curse, & Kung Fu.
Including R.O.B., everything set me back just under $25.

There was a huge box full of quality NES games (Ninja Gaiden, Castlevania 1 &2, etc.), but I already had the rest of them so I left them behind. Several controllers too.
I wish they had the Miracle keyboard!!

1110Goodwill2.jpg

A 60 inch, 1080p HD Sony TV for $117!
It's a KDS-60A2000 model, which apparently original sold for $3999.
It has a green/yellow color issue, but for this price I really don't care.
It didn't have the remote and I need to find a suitable stand for it, but for the price I paid I'm ecstatic. :D

Sagitario

Bii said:
I'm jelly.

6226729793_c6dc55b25f_b.jpg

The Lion King Trilogy. Blu-Ray. $66.99

This trilogy includes The Lion King 3D/Blu-Ray/DVD/Digital Copy, The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride Blu-Ray/DVD and The Lion King 1 1/2 Blu-Ray/DVD. I was going to hold out until the latter two were released as individual titles but with The Lion King being one of my favorite Disney animated movies, I didn't mind splurging a bit to get this neat box set. I've only watched The Lion King Blu-Ray so far and it is glorious. It's been 17 years since it came out and yet, it still amazes me to this day (visually and conceptually). After having viewed it in HD, I wanted to replay the movie again.

Fun fact: I've only ever cried during two movies. I was 8 at the time and The Lion King was the first to do it. ;_;

What? Is this out already? I thought it would be out next year.
More pictures, please.
I was going to wait for it, but I don't really care for the sequels so I got the "regular" Diamond 3D edition.

JEKKI

$20 disc only at Gamestop!!!

a2f00b55badc48ff8e45e77516f3a049_7.jpg

man this is not an easy game to find!!!

and when u can find it... on ebay... shyt costs u a lot of bucks!!!

even mom n pop megastore Gamedude charges $40 for it!

JEKKI said:
$20 disc only at Gamestop!!!

a2f00b55badc48ff8e45e77516f3a049_7.jpg

man this is not an easy game to find!!!

and when u can find it... on ebay... shyt costs u a lot of bucks!!!

even mom n pop megastore Gamedude charges $40 for it!

I love me some Gamedude. They had a CIB Link to the Past the other day that I snagged for $19

Omega

Banned
Everyone always manages to get this epic pickups at flea markets and yard sales. Where the hell do you guys live?

I'm in NY and the ones I've been too never have anything worth picking up.

Galdelico

Rygar 8 Bit said:
just picked up more stuff from my friend saw dracula x in the box cant wait to see what else is in here
Keep us updated dude, that seems the box of marvel.
Considering the awesomeness of 3/4 of the games on top, I'd be so excited to check the rest of them out. :)

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
Going to be a giant post. But I took pictures and cataloged most of it. Only things I have to get pictures of now are all the Ps2,GC,Xbox games.

PC Engine: Castlevania Dracula X, Macross 2036
6.jpg

Collectors Editions: Castlevania Symphony of the Night(ps1),Policenauts(saturn)
2.jpg

1.jpg

NeoGeo CD: Samurai Spirits RPG, Sonic Wings 3, Puzzle Bobble, Cyber Lip
11.jpg

Sengoku, King of Fighters 95, Sengoku 2
9.jpg

PS1: Resident Evil: Gun Survivor, Cyberbots, Rockman X5, Strider 1 & 2
7.jpg

Tobal 2, Vampire Hunter D, Macross VF-X2, Asuka 120% Excellent
3.jpg

Bust A Move, DDR 2nd Mix, Bust A Move 2, Advanced Variable Geo 2
4.jpg

King of Fighters KYO, DBZ Ultimate Battle 22, DBZ Final Bout
5.jpg

Saturn:Samurai Spirits: Zankuro Musouken, Pocket Fighter, Street Fighter Zero, Real Bout
8.jpg

Mortal Kombat 2, Street Fighter: The Movie, Fighters Megamix, Street Fighter Zero 3
10.jpg

Winter Knights, House of the Dead, Last Bronx, Guardian Heroes
12.jpg

Samurai Showdown RPG, Slayers Royal, Golden Axe the Duel, Vampire Savior
13.jpg

Super Dimension Fortress Macross,JP nights into dreams
14.jpg

Salsa

AbsoluteZero said:
Hot Topic, though it was in a box of clearance stuff, so you'll probably have a hard time finding it.

I thought it was $12 but it rang up for $5, an even better deal.

and just like that i snagged one from Ebay :D

cheers!

Amagon

Rygar 8 Bit said:
Going to be a giant post. But I took pictures and cataloged most of it. Only things I have to get pictures of now are all the Ps2,GC,Xbox games.
slowclap.gif
What a great fucking haul you got there dude!

CryptiK

Just bought a new Monitor!!!

S27A950D Samsung 120Hz 3D Monitor!

Ready for BF3 BABY!(Just need my new system parts to get here :S)

cEfGo.jpg

cgCRV.jpg

Kraftwerk

Rygar 8 Bit said:

1.jpg

Beautiful.

Great collection you got btw.

inner-G

Banned
Saroyan said:
Nice price on that, one of my favorite games of all time. I got the Sega CD version when it first came out and picked up the PSX collector's edition last spring but I haven't played it yet. If you haven't played it before I hope you enjoy it, it's a JRPG masterpiece.
Yea i was pumped to see it so cheap at the local shop. I watched the making of... disc which was pretty cool, it has great music too. Looks promising! I hope I dont miss too many details since I never played Lunar 1.

Top Bottom