• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

GQman2121

Banned
Is there any particular reason why 98% of you are picking up the PS3 version of Dark Souls over the 360 one? Do saves from the first game carry over or something? Not my type of game so I'm wondering.

xero273

GQman2121 said:
Is there any particular reason why 98% of you are picking up the PS3 version of Dark Souls over the 360 one? Do saves from the first game carry over or something? Not my type of game so I'm wondering.

it's probably because bought the first game on ps3 so buy on ps3 again, controller preference. saves don't carry over from first game.

.la1n

xero273 said:
it's probably because bought the first game on ps3 so buy on ps3 again, controller preference. saves don't carry over from first game.

Pretty much this, didn't even really think about it. Demon's Souls I bought right away and have kept ever since...just seemed natural to pick up Dark Souls on PS3. I imagine both are identical but I never really thought about it.

WEGGLES

xero273 said:
What first game?

Dark souls is a completely new game in a new series in a new franchise. Completely unrelated to any other d word souls games. :)

mblitek

Wow, the NPD charts for Dark Souls should be interesting. I fear that it might only experience success amongst the GAF and players in the know. Is this or was this a big game in Japan?

Zertez

TenaciousNorth said:
Those with the Dark Souls guide, is it good?
Have bought a number of poor guides in the past but I'm hoping this is a good one.
Yes it is great. All of the guides Ive bought made by Future Press have been top notch.

Sylver

Banned
WEGGLES said:
What first game?

Dark souls is a completely new game in a new series in a new franchise. Completely unrelated to any other d word souls games. :)

The same way Final Fantasy games are and you put VIII after VII. Dark Souls is the next game after Demon's Souls.

Ain't she a beauty...

photo-3.jpg

....if Kagari was a bike, that's how she'll look.

PantyPhantom said:
Sorry but what the hell is wrong with that saddle? And dat front fork.. steel's where it's at.]

It's the kind of saddle you use if you do lots of miles and want lots of kids.

Yes, that's an asymmetric fork -- to counterbalance the big lump of metal on the side of a bike.

Racing with steel? Puh-leaze.

Danielsan

Great week for reversible covers.

cRW99.png

My favourite game(s) of all time. Reversible cover + Shadow of the Colossus playing in the background. Even now, I'm still in awe of this game.

9fjfv.png

Child of Eden reversible cover

byuKP.png

Also got the oversized (L) free t-shirt. Perfect sleeping ware for the cold months ahead.

Dark Souls should arrive tomorrow. :)

glaurung

Since everybody got Dark Souls like three weeks and two weeks ahead of schedule, has someone managed to nab the new Ace Combat game ahead of release date?

joelseph

Innistrad Booster Box
Tentacruel Pokemon Clix
Gundam model
Innistrad Fat Pack
Innistrad Intro Pack
StarCity wholesale gold box
Arnold Palmer Half and Half
Torta dinner
2 Technic SL 1200 M3Ds
Dark Souls (360)
Gummy Lifesavers
Supreme Cuts EP

JRayU.jpg

joelseph

vid said:
Whoa, whoa, whoa, what? They're making Pokemon based HeroClix now?

They were, not sure if they still are. And from my experience they are not easy to find. I picked that guy up in a Sanrio knock-off-store in Chinatown Chicago.

vid

joelseph said:
They were, not sure if they still are. And from my experience they are not easy to find. I picked that guy up in a Sanrio knock-off-store in Chinatown Chicago.

That's unfortunate, I was prepared to give someone all of my money.

Risible said:
I see what you did there. Nice Steve tribute :).

Thanks and yes, it was intentional. I bought it at the SF Apple store while the news was still breaking and the local television station was interviewing people outside.

And to make Papa Steve even more proud, I managed to pre-order my 64gig 4S earlier this morning.

Forsete

Decided to go back to nVidia.

6220930866_ce0d4d3713_b.jpg

When I first saw it I didnt think it would fit inside the PC chase, but it did, just about! I hope newer graphics cards don't grow any longer. :p

580 GTX will replace my HD5850, which has only been trouble from day one.

6220408001_508dd4e7d6_b.jpg

I will be enjoying my new GPU with some racist candy.. Mmmm.
6220931898_16e96552d6_b.jpg

WEGGLES

Forsete said:
Decided to go back to nVidia.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6109/6220930866_ce0d4d3713_b.jpg[img]
When I first saw it I didnt think it would fit inside the PC chase, but it did, just about! I hope newer graphics cards don't grow any longer. :P

580 GTX will replace my HD5850, which has only been trouble from day one.

[img]http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6099/6220408001_508dd4e7d6_b.jpg[img]

I will be enjoying my new GPU with some racist candy.. Mmmm.
[img]http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6238/6220931898_16e96552d6_b.jpg[img][/QUOTE]
Shame you had issues with your card, I have a 5850 by XFX with no issues what so ever.

purg3

slept with Malkin
iSC8s.jpg

Dark Souls CE and guide. Screw Namco for using those stupid industrial adhesive clear tabs for the packaging. Need to get some goo gone to remove the residue...Also, the guide is really nice resource and well put together.

HG8sX.jpg

Gears and NHL were from last month, also picked up RAGE. Haven't had a chance to play it since I'm currently hooked on DS at the moment.

AlfaTrion

I haven't posted in one of these threads (or any GAF thread for that matter) in ages. But I'm not going to post every pick up since last time lol (although I would LOVE to!)

Anyway, here are a few things strictly Oct'11 [Album]
Hopefully I will be able to add to this and participate in future threads like last year :)

Ico/Shadow of the Colossus, Starfox64 3D, 1400 MS points

Humble Bundle

Top Bottom