• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

rlg3x.jpg

Buy.com eBay discount points card finally arrived.

Amagon

!!!!!!!!

Just got me a new laptop, Alienware M11x R2. What a fucking upgrade compare to the Asus Eee pc I've been using for almost 3 years! Now I can actually play my Steam games finally. Still tinkering around with the Alienware and finally using Windows 7 for the first time. Lots and lots of catching up to do!!!!

^_^

JW78Xl.jpg

vF7Dzl.jpg

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
rm7b4o.jpg

Bought GOW Origins Collection & ICO + SOTC Collection

Best Buy deal, buy ICO/SOTC for $40, get Dual Pack PS3 1st part game 50% off, so grabbed GOW OC. Used -$30 coupon = $30 for both games (4 titles)

Then 2 weeks later both games on Best Buy drop to $25 each, so I got price adjusted -$5 per title total: -$10

So I got both games, 4 titles, for $20, not bad, not bad at all (^_^)v

THE NO LIFE KING said:
!!!!!!!!

Just got me a new laptop, Alienware M11x R2. What a fucking upgrade compare to the Asus Eee pc I've been using for almost 3 years! Now I can actually play my Steam games finally. Still tickering around with the Alienware and finally using Windows 7 for the first time. Lots and lots of catching up to do!!!!

Very nice upgrade!

leng jai

ouOwS.jpg

Nier Tribute Awesome (yes it is awesome)
Bastion
UP (thanks to a fellow Gaffer who showed me where the hell you can actually get it)
Heritage - Opeth
A Dramatic Turn of Events - Dream Theater
Whatever People Say I am, That's What I'm Not - Arctic Monkeys
Scott Pilgrim
Birds of Tokyo - Birds of Tokyo
Star Trek

2dYUT.jpg

Unknown
Thor
Big Bang Theory S4
Scarface steelbook
Team ICO Collection
Star Wars
Dark Souls LE
Gears of War
Logitech Harmony One

v4zq6.jpg

Random Lego. Only the Star Wars sets are new...got inspired after watching it on BD.

Amagon

Snkfanatic said:
Very nice upgrade!
Thanks dude, this computer is a tank! I can finally watch 720p/1080p on youtube with out stuttering now, lol! Think I'm gonna load up Team Fortress 2 for the first time in 3 years (before the Hats era or any other crazy shit) and just piss the night away. I think I'm almost done setting up this bad boy to way I want it to run. I'm just happy!

^_^

stonedwal

After finding a job about two months ago and finally paying off all of my debts, I've finally been able to do a little free spending. However, most of this stuff is from my birthday last month.

New PS3 pickups - Asian version of Biohazard Revival Selection, Japanese ICO/SOTC Limited Box, Australian ICO/SOTC, and Dark Souls.

ps3stuff.jpg

Found that MightyApe had a PS3 version of Dead Rising 2 Outbreak Edition in stock for about 40% off.

deadrising2.jpg

New PS2 stuff - a lot of stores seem to be rushing out the last of their new PS2 stock, but a few publishers (mainly Capcom and Konami) have done fresh print runs of games recently.

ps2stuff.jpg

ps2stuff2.jpg

Miscellaneous birthday gifts from the wife.

various.jpg

Metal Gear and Snake's Revenge. Working on a big Metal Gear collection at the moment, and these were the last two games I didn't have that were relatively easy to find.

MetalGear.jpg

Dead Island was a birthday gift from the wife's mum. Came with Turtle Beach X12s, handy for blocking out said mother-in-law's cackling :p

deadisland.jpg

Whole bunch of gaming related books. The Metal Gear novels are probably cheesy and crap, but they cost next to nothing. Mega Man books were from the missus for my birthday - now got the full set. As for the hardcover guides, I try to get them for any game I own that has one, but it's starting to cause a bit of problem with space.

books.jpg

Lebowski and Star Wars on Blu Ray. I have a huge DVD collection that takes up too much space (most of them are in storage at my parents' house), so I'm being pretty strict with what I get in HD.

bluray.jpg

This next pickup won't mean much to anyone who's not from Australia. Fast Forward and Full Frontal - classic Australian sketch comedy. Obviously pretty dated, but there's still some great sketches in there. Kind of funny looking back on Eric Bana's old sketches and thinking about how he's seen in the rest of the world due to his movie career.

fastforward.jpg

Kazerei

Banned
I've been meaning to play this game for a long time. Managed to find a used copy for a low price and in really good condition. Manual is a bit roughed up but at least it's in there!
cimg0504h.jpg

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Kazerei said:
I've been meaning to play this game for a long time. Managed to find a used copy for a low price and in really good condition. Manual is a bit roughed up but at least it's in there!
cimg0504h.jpg

Easily in my top 10 favorite games of all time. I absolutely ADORED that game. Played for about 15 hours a day, 7 days a week, for the entire summer after 8th grade. The last summer I didn't have a job. Luckily my mom was super cool and let me hog the phone line all day long playing that. Even when friends came over, I talked them into split-screening with me and we'd play for hours.

Dumbest thing I ever did was sell the game for $42 on eBay a few years ago to pay for text books :-( ... Well, I guess it was necessary, but it hurts so bad not having that in my collection any more.

Enjoy it!!!

purg3 said:
Dark Souls CE and guide. Screw Namco for using those stupid industrial adhesive clear tabs for the packaging. Need to get some goo gone to remove the residue...Also, the guide is really nice resource and well put together.

Yes, it was pretty dumb. Actually the entire packaging was pretty crap but I guess it was a free "upgrade" to limited edition. Good thing I got some adhesive tape removal pad lying around or it would drive me nut constantly touch that sticky case.

Kazerei said:
cimg0504h.jpg

I just got this for $4 at a thrift store a few days ago.

Elginer

73Whi.jpg

Beautiful art book, been a fan of Mignola's for a very long time. Looking forward to his return to Hellboy with Hellboy in Hell.

guest1321

Raudi said:
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6223/6223148788_93bcfacbeb_b.jpg
One of these days I hope to have an awesome espresso maker like that! For now I will have to stick with my unitemp and unipressure one. How much does that run if you don't mind me asking?

mblitek

guest1321 said:
One of these days I hope to have an awesome espresso maker like that! For now I will have to stick with my unitemp and unipressure one. How much does that run if you don't mind me asking?

Same! What kind?

Darkgran

IMG_0329-1.jpg

Dark Souls. I haven't had a chance to play it yet.

IMG_0333.jpg

Ico and Shadow. The reason I haven't been playing Dark Souls.

IMG_0328-1.jpg

Ipad 2. Loving it.

IMG_0319-1.jpg

Samsung LED Monitor. Sorry for the bad picture.

JackEtc

Started my shopping for my Halloween costume this year. Seniors in my high school (including me) get to dress up in school.

Bet you can't what I'm going as:
9mF2i.jpg

Also got a women's blazer from Good Will, a blonde wig and a lightning bolt sticker. Now I need some kind of skin-colored tight shirt, a bra, and black pants.

Raudi

guest1321 said:

I have been through 3 Starbucks Barrista Espresso machine's in the last several years and decided to go with a professional grade Italian machine this time - cost was just under $1K

I did a bunch of research before choosing the Quick Mill Silvano and the Bazrata Vario Grinder (Note that a good quality grinder makes more of a difference than the espresso machine).

daffy

Banned
JackEtc said:
Started my shopping for my Halloween costume this year. Seniors in my high school (including me) get to dress up in school.

9mF2i.jpg

Also got a women's blazer from Good Will, a blonde wig and a lightning bolt sticker. Now I need some kind of skin-colored tight shirt, a bra, and black pants.
Hahaha, you have to take pictures for gaf !

It finally came in today. Was inspecting the case and it looks fine. 100% dent free. Got it 4 days earlier than estimated delivery date.
ZwVwml.jpg

JackEtc said:

9mF2i.jpg

Macho Man?

drspeedy

The Bookerman said:
Macho Man?

First thing I thought of as well... then I realized how old I (we) must seem.

also, didn't MM's glasses (I had a pair back in the day) have elastic stretch straps in place of legs? May be that mine were ripoffs...

[EDIT] Can't find anything about the elastic, but here's a classic. RIP, Macho Man. OH YEAH!
252476-randy-savage-laid-to-rest-410x230.jpg

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
JackEtc said:

Sounds like you'll have a fine David Bowie costume.

Saroyan

inner-G said:

Nice price on that, one of my favorite games of all time. I got the Sega CD version when it first came out and picked up the PSX collector's edition last spring but I haven't played it yet. If you haven't played it before I hope you enjoy it, it's a JRPG masterpiece.

Top Bottom