• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

luffeN

Simplygames is fast, nice! Shipped on Thursday and arrived today (Monday) in Austria.
04cV3.jpg

Tomodachi

CryptiK said:
Just bought a new Monitor!!!

S27A950D Samsung 120Hz 3D Monitor!
So damn sexy.
Don't care a lot about 3D but that design is awesome. I checked and this still isn't commercialized in Italy, I hope it will soon. I really would like to replace my LCD 27" with a LED.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
inner-G said:
More pickups from the local retro shop:

http://i.imgur.com/6BlsNl.jpg[img]

Going back this afternoon! (it's a sickness, lol)[/QUOTE]
Oh man, if only we had retro shops where I live.

Stubo

This book of awesome arrived super early this morning :D (Phone photos incoming, they really don't do it justice)
sJdA3l.jpg

lmK1el.jpg

Bi03vl.jpg

NEO0MJ

My recent buys.

2011-10-10195637.jpg

And with Kirby and Red my DS collections is complete( for now). Probably my largest game collection on any console ever.

2011-10-10195741.jpg

Can't wait to read the latest Sandman. Breakfest of Champions was suggested to me by a friend, hope it's good!

2011-10-10195925.jpg

Just built the Ikaruga, though it needs inking. I'll wait a bit before building the Takemikazuchi, want to make sure I'm ready for it. While I have no intention to know about it's story the design was too good to pass, and so I have to build it right.

Theonik said:
^Do you have move? If so, have you tried Bass Fishing with it? Any feedback?

I do have Move but haven't tried it out with the game yet. If it plays anything like it does on the Wii then it'll be great though.

Amagon

inner-G said:
More pickups from the local retro shop:

6BlsNl.jpg

Going back this afternoon! (it's a sickness, lol)
Good man on picking up Tenchu & Tenchu 2. Both were some of the best games to come out of that system, especially 2.

Theonik

JustAnotherOtaku said:
I do have Move but haven't tried it out with the game yet. If it plays anything like it does on the Wii then it'll be great though.
Thanks, will have to give it a whirl when I get a new PSN card.

I finally found my SEGA Saturn of my childhood dreams. I came across a Sega Saturn Skeleton version for only 1980 yen but had a 1000 yen gift certificate at the store I bought it from so it only cost me 980.

DSCF0002.jpg

Its only missing the box but the system in in immaculate condition. I even bought the controller on the left of the picture a few months back in hopes of finding a Skeleton system one day. I never imagined I'd find one for so cheap.

Looks great next to my standard white Saturn too.
DSCF0008.jpg

I also joined the Star Trek generation a couple days back when I got a new NEC Medias N-04c Android smart phone. My wife got one too and we can't believe we waited for so long to hop aboard the smart phone train. The best thing about the switch is that we got our phones for 1500 yen and 2500 yen respectively because of our long standing points with DoCoMo. Couldn't be any more pleased. Now I have to hunt down a case for this thing. I feel like I could break it just by breathing on it.
DSCF0001.jpg

Seik

Banned
A friend from Montreal gave this to me for my birthday, it looks great!

VQs92.jpg

It sure adds the FFVII vibe I wanted in my room. XD

nitric0

This probably isn't the place to ask but anyone got any suggestions for an LED tv for less than $750? Preferably 42+ inches

nitric0 said:
This probably isn't the place to ask but anyone got any suggestions for an LED tv for less than $750? Preferably 42+ inches

I believe there is a thread where the merits of plasma and other tv's are discussed. They may be able to help you. I only have experience with plasmas so I can't help ya.

nateeasy

Banned
SuperÑ said:
Hey guys, check this out. Sealed Mass Effect CE for the X360, pretty rare around here. I'm gonna sell it for a ton of money when ME3 hits the shelves.

gGkQA.jpg

Holy POOP. Super jealous.

Elepsis

Neo Member
Favorite seasonal beer just became available... and Forza.

WP_000049%20(2).jpg

Time for some drinking and driving!

(crappy phone pic is crappy)

overcast

Damn. I would love to get into Batman graphic novels, but it seems like it would be difficult to find out where to start.

Upsidedown Fuji said:
I finally found my SEGA Saturn of my childhood dreams. I came across a Sega Saturn Skeleton version for only 1980 yen but had a 1000 yen gift certificate at the store I bought it from so it only cost me 980.

DSCF0002.jpg
That's really cool (even says so on the cd lid!) :) It annoys me to this day that I never really got to play the Sega Saturn. It was never released in shops in Norway, and I only got to try it once in a shop in England. I've played quite a few of the arcade versions of it's games though.

Hush is relatively stand-alone, but at least read Heart of Hush too since it makes Hush's character a lot better.

overcast said:
Damn. I would love to get into Batman graphic novels, but it seems like it would be difficult to find out where to start.
Just pick and choose certain stories. You may be lost at some parts, but a lot of them can be read without too much else.

overcast

The Broken Ska Record said:
Hush is relatively stand-alone, but at least read Heart of Hush too since it makes Hush's character a lot better.

Just pick and choose certain stories. You may be lost at some parts, but a lot of them can be read without too much else.
Then I will definitely try to get into it soon. I've been meaning to try reading more graphic novels for a while.

ResidentDante said:
That's really cool (even says so on the cd lid!) :) It annoys me to this day that I never really got to play the Sega Saturn. It was never released in shops in Norway, and I only got to try it once in a shop in England. I've played quite a few of the arcade versions of it's games though.
-yes it is cool and it doesn't even need to be written on the CD lid. :D

With all of the ports hitting PSN/Live lately, is becoming less and less necessary to have a retro system from the 32-bit era. One of the biggest Saturn titles, Guardian Heroes hits later this week. After that we've got a handful of games like Panzer Dragoon RPG left to the trusty old original hardware. If you have space and money, they're worth picking up if you're into older games. :)

NEO0MJ

overcast said:
Then I will definitely try to get into it soon. I've been meaning to try reading more graphic novels for a while.

batman year one and the Dark Knight returns are some of the best and they don't need any backstory.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
ResidentDante said:
Even in North America it was a rather nichey console.

Upsidedown Fuji said:
With all of the ports hitting PSN/Live lately, is becoming less and less necessary to have a retro system from the 32-bit era. One of the biggest Saturn titles, Guardian Heroes hits later this week. After that we've got a handful of games like Panzer Dragoon RPG left to the trusty old original hardware. If you have space and money, they're worth picking up if you're into older games. :)
That's true, I'll see if I have the time to get one and start a little collection. I really feel like I want to, but it may just be the mostalgia for that era and I don't know if I'll use it enough to make the purchase worth it.

BocoDragon said:
Even in North America it was a rather nichey console.
I remember waiting for it to be released and wanting it more than a PlayStation, but then it never turned up and I got a PlayStation as a gift. Since then I never looked back, but as an avid racing game fan I always wanted Sega Rally and Daytona USA.

Tomodachi

Auron_Kale said:
Bumper is in anticipation for my incoming white 4S.
I've read the lateral buttons (sound on/off and volume controls) in 4S are identical to the CDMA 4, so moved a little to the upper part of the phone. I don't know if that could cause any problem with the old bumper, just don't open the package so you can return it in case the buttons won't fit in the case.

Top Bottom