• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

Asparagus

gdh3TDI.jpg

Got the cheapest PS3 since I had a spare hdd lying around. Not got stuck into the Sensible Software book yet since I'm in the process of moving.

ronkRxH.jpg

And I picked up a few Blu Rays now that I can watch them again. The second half of Cowboy Bebop gets released next week so I'll be picking that up as well :)

I also grabbed Tokyo Jungle, one of the Humble Indie Bundles and Oracle of Seasons as well on VC.

-edit-

Or maybe not! Guess I got my dates mixed up.

Sora_N

I ended up giving Y to my gf, she's not a real big gamer (she loved ACNL so I bought her a 3DSXL earlier this year) but she loves X/Y so far and it's her first RPG and Pokemon game. :)

Got 10% off the X/Y XL, only way I could justify double dipping!

Shengar

My goodies this month

Finally! The original trilogy arrived! Now I have all Ace Attorney games minus Ace Attoerny Investigation ;__;

A Rudyard Kipling short stories collection and a second hand asia version of Folklore. I'm lucky to be able to find cheap Folklore copy at $20 price.

Then a BD of my favorite anime movie, Summer Wars.

And of course, Pokemon. Too bad the Hori cover kinda blotched out by the yellow color of my Pikachu 3DS XL. Should've white for better appearance.

IrishNinja

^excellent deals, and you have awesome taste man!

so despite saying i'd pay down more debt, a few things came through this month, mainly...Ryo!

# 55/350, would've been a lower # but first4figures' ordering was wonky that morning...so happy though! here he is on my sega collection:

if you squint at that grainy awful phone pic you can maybe see the Killer is Dead LE i swung for like $28 on ebay, too. that and the '94 run of EGM (on its way here, hoping to pick up some Game Players on the cheap too) made me happy.

oh yeah, this came in the end of last month & can't remember if i posted it:

guy on the SHMUPs forum charged like $8 for an XRGB mini remote overaly, let me tell you how much easier shit is now that the buttons are labeled in my native tongue, haha.

also, fellow gaffer Televator traded me for a model 1 non-TMSS unit Genesis, was breaking it the other night with Shinobi 3 & Trouble Shooter 2, looks & sounds so good!

gonna try to behave t the rest of the month (already have eshop credit for Phoenix 5) but a NES RGB solution should be ready soon so i'm gonna have to go in on that as well, but at least the colors there won't look so washed out soon!

BOTEC

I got a question for foreign filmGAF, where do you guys get your movie news from? Stuff like DVD release dates and upcoming project announcements. I feel like getting back into foreign stuff, but am completely out of the loop. I'm mostly interested in Asian stuff.

Doombear

I got a question for foreign filmGAF, where do you guys get your movie news from? Stuff like DVD release dates and upcoming project announcements. I feel like getting back into foreign stuff, but am completely out of the loop. I'm mostly interested in Asian stuff.

blu-ray.com forums are quite nice
and of course GAF http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=414951

Those are my two gotos as well for current info. A lot of fans in both places. Usually you can bank on getting a good unbiased review on quality, subtitles, etc. on Blu-ray.com

Deck-boxes/Deck Protectors (to keep my moekana cards in good shape!): I recently began taking evening classes to learn Japanese. It's a beginner course and very early days, but I'm really enjoying it thanks to my awesome sensei, who does a great job of making the learning process fun. The same can be said for my moekana set (^^)
wyhz6Ud.jpg

Boards of Canada reissue LPs: Although I bought every one of these albums upon release, I couldn't resist grabbing the represses. 15 years on, 'Music Has The Right To Children' is just as timeless as the day it was released. Peerless music, jump on them if you've yet to have the pleasure.
aCC3ErO.jpg

Beyond: Two Souls (Special Edition): I really enjoyed Heavy Rain, and so far I'm really enjoying B:TS.
i0zERq1.jpg

Cowboy Bebop - Box 2 Blu Ray set: After a slight wobble with a delayed release, this finally made it into my loving arms. The box art isn't quite how I would have done it, but it's the contents that count. The inner sleeve looks great, and I'll not say no to another art booklet like the one found in Box 1.
CJnFCJu.jpg

J7S5Vdr.jpg

VV69LrJ.jpg

s9QuIrH.jpg

SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY...

Yes Boss!

Ha ha. I should have known that "GAF" would be the answer. Thanks for the links.

Nothing beats dvdbeaver.com

Not very pretty but extremely comprehensive.

If Indian movies are your thing (ha, yeah right!) the the blu-ray.com sub-forum for India is great ...with a lot of the disc producers present.

jonno394

Some Blu-rays and I finally managed to track down the SNES/Megadrive book instore! My sunday afternoon is already planned with this :)

2013-10-18203315_zps98109442.jpg

jonno394

Yeah I just saw you bought Bebop too and thought the same thing. I dont know when i'll get round to finishing Bebop off as October is all about Horror films and related stuff for me!

BOTEC

Nothing beats dvdbeaver.com

Not very pretty but extremely comprehensive.

If Indian movies are your thing (ha, yeah right!) the the blu-ray.com sub-forum for India is great ...with a lot of the disc producers present.

Thanks! You weren't kidding, it's suddenly 1995 in my web browser. And I already found a movie that I had no idea was released on Blu-ray. Mission proceeding according to plan, Boss!

eXistor

Club Nintendo reward:
rShSIq7.jpg

And Sonic Lost World. Let's see if it really is the piece of shit the reviews claim it is.

1e3dEqC.jpg

Club Nintendo reward:
rShSIq7.jpg

And Sonic Lost World. Let's see if it really is the piece of shit the reviews claim it is.

1e3dEqC.jpg
HOW!!! WHAT!!!
....sees europe pegi symbol on sonic game and realizes you are under EU club nintendo. NA club nintendo always has the worst things :'(

IrishNinja

^damn is that SNES book a RetroGamer one? gonna have to track that down now too!

and holy crap @ eXistor's stuff, yeah...man our CN sucks. where'd you get the classic DK & Mario 3 stuff in the background, are those decals or what?

As always, I post a pickup video of my last month's pickups instead of pictures. This month's pickup video is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IGmpL5qRC0

PS+
32GB PSVita Card
Gravity Rush Retail
The Walking Dead PSVita Retail
$50 116 page book that was out've print, but I had to get because its my favorite author. (lol)
Maybe Sucker Punch? Unless that was last month...
Some Pokemon Cards.
Oh and some 3DS Downloads. HarmoKnight, Bike Rider DX I think? And Bomb Monkey.

I think thats it? I already forgot what I put in the video, heh.

Great month overall. And these upcoming October and November will be even better with all the games coming out!

StayDead

So these are my purchases, atleast I think it's mostly everything that's come over the past 4 months minus a picture of my new build since I can't get a decent shot of the case in my dark room :p

Some of this stuff in the first picture has been wrapped up since July since I just haven't had chance to even open them yet >_>

10359107393_e402790408_z.jpg

Shin Etrian Oddesy Millenium Girl, Mario & Luigi 4, Ace Attorney 5

10358913626_3b844c1e51_z.jpg

Pokymon Y (duh)

10358911045_b173b492e1_z.jpg

Conception 2, Steins;Gate Mugen Enten no Altair (third in the trilogy of Steins;Gate novels)

10359108113_f2e80f3d3f_z.jpg

Oreimo HappyenD, Legend of Heroes Sen no Kiseki + pre-order bonuses

10358915074_d5dfcb7ea1_z.jpg

Macross Frontier Sheryl Nendo.

and to top it all off at the very beginning of this month/very end of last I built my new PC which should hopefully last me a good while.

Intel Core i5-4670 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
MSI H87-G43 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory
Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk
Asus GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card
Fractal Design Define R3 Black Pearl ATX Mid Tower Case
SeaSonic S12II 620W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply

Top Bottom