• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

level44

fgaFAsy.jpg

My PS4 is ready.

Please do a speed comparison video when PS4 launches! Are you in the US?

LordAlu

Just played it for two hours. It's not as bad as the reviewers are making it out to be. Seriously.

IMG_1614_zpsb9e159b5.jpg
I'm enjoying it. Once you get used to how the controls work (and it takes a while to get used to holding R), it plays well and has a good balance between platforming and speed.

Katsuragi

Almost forgot to post my pickups:

The Super Famicom games are in near mint condition! All the talk of Sen no Kiseki on Twitter has finally convinced me to give Trails in the Sky a try! Looking forward to playing it. The microphone is for Wii Karaoke U By JOYSOUND, which is surprisingly addictive and fun. :D

Gameboy415

1310-Movies2_zps505dd45e.jpg

-Evil Dead & Creepshow were cheap on Amazon, Pacific Rim 3D is from Target, and I finally found a decently priced copy of Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog V3 on eBay to complete my set (it's been OOP for a while).

1310-Games3_zpsf5696a77.jpg

-LEGO Pirates was on clearance for $5.98 @ Target and I got the PSN card to take advantage of the Capcom sales that started last week.

1310-Games4_zps60f2f175.jpg

-Two more first-party Nintendo games for my collection! :D
I've wanted Uniracers since I was a kid and nabbed a super-cheap copy of Ridge Racer 64 on eBay to celebrate Ridge Racer's 20th anniversary.
The Pokemon guide isn't as nice as the previous LE guides...my kingdom for an X&Y Pokedex! :S

TxdoHawk

Behold, the most 90s thing ever, right down to the flame stickers.

20 pounds (and that's without the 10(!) D batteries needed for portable use) 50 watts, drum pad, scratch jog, mic/guitar inputs...this thing is insanity in un-portable stereo form. God bless you, JVC (and the Craigslist guy who sold me it for almost nothing).

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Behold, the most 90s thing ever, right down to the flame stickers.

20 pounds (and that's without the 10(!) D batteries needed for portable use) 50 watts, drum pad, scratch jog, mic/guitar inputs...this thing is insanity in un-portable stereo form. God bless you, JVC (and the Craigslist guy who sold me it for almost nothing).

Those Everclear tapes must sound great on that thing.

jonno394

Bought Muramasa off PSN, finished the first chapter and part way in to Chapter 2 as Kisuke, looks glorious and plays well too

bBVClpu.jpg

Addnan

Not the pair I wanted, but the only ones I could get at a reasonable price in this stupid country. Second time buying these, returned it last time. Love them though.

Tig1Qwwl.jpg

Dead

well not really...yet
Got an IPhone on a whim yesterday:

Really happy with it. Easily best camera on any phone I've ever owned, the fingerprint sensor is cool, I was already into the ecosystem anyways so I was ready to roll. Also got the official Apple leather case in red. Pretty neat.

Never thought I'd get an iPhone, but whatever lol

-Resident Evil 6 (Xbox 360)
-Sonic Colors (Wii)

Resident Evil 6 was (and still is) $7.99 at Amazon.
I don't know what's up with the black case for Sonic Colors, but that's what Amazon sent me. I guess that's what I get for ordering a used copy to save a few bucks (well, Amazon credit, really, since I didn't technically pay for either with real money). Heh.

Sushigod7

Haven't posted for a few months, all except the 4 print samurai prints were this month they came late last month but to excited about them to not post them.

Anthony Petrie "Warriors Dream" each print is 12X36 screen prints

JJ Harrison Game & Print Club "Forest Life"

Joshua Budich "I love you I know", David Moscati "Ball or Sword" both are 18x24 screen prints

Various items, Pacific Rim art book is amazing pick up if you're a fan

Gyrian

Had this in my backlog for far too long.
It's made me rediscover just how much I love the GBA micro, too. Zero Mission is next!

JU9ZxNV.gif

With the rest of the family:

ptdsqT4.gif

GwV2xYk.gif

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
N5BYvuM.jpg

My first Kickstarter-backed thing came through - The Black Torch comic anthology (+ lots of goodies like postcards, stickers, a pin and a bookmark, not pictured).

Also a nifty Adventure Time shirt that Ript featured last week, and POP Vinyl Skeletor and Hordak figures.

My latest pick ups:

- Mega Man X (Wii U VC): First time playing this game and man .... I love it.
- Wind Waker HD - Limited Edition: Hooray for childhood memories in glorious HD!
- Daytripper TPB: Haven't read it yet but I've heard many positive talk about this lately.

eXistor

It's made me rediscover just how much I love the GBA micro, too. Zero Mission is next!

JU9ZxNV.gif

Badass. I have the translated Mother 3 cart as well, but where did you get it boxed?

and holy crap @ eXistor's stuff, yeah...man our CN sucks. where'd you get the classic DK & Mario 3 stuff in the background, are those decals or what?

Yeah, got them off www.arcadestickers.co.uk. They're pretty high quality, but the downside is that they seem to have a weird edge-smoothing filter on them, like a smoothing filter on sprites. Compare it to the original art and you'll see what I mean. It's not a huge deal though.

PDRCVEk.jpg

0CA1HZ1.jpg

-PXG-

N5BYvuM.jpg

My first Kickstarter-backed thing came through - The Black Torch comic anthology (+ lots of goodies like postcards, stickers, a pin and a bookmark, not pictured).

Also a nifty Adventure Time shirt that Ript featured last week, and POP Vinyl Skeletor and Hordak figures.

This looks really neat and I have no idea what it even is.

gogogow

Screw this I'm moving to EU

They are all gone, including the latest Lightning Trophy. I'm happy I ordered it rightaway when it was available. Nintendo made 2592 Lightning Trophies. Mine is no.598. But it did state 2013K on the box and underneath the trophy stand. It's possible Nintendo will make a new batch in the near future.

katkombat

Banned

JU9ZxNV.gif

With the rest of the family:

ptdsqT4.gif

GwV2xYk.gif

I always wondered, is the physical English translation of Mother 3 technically illegal? Like, was it illegal for whoever made it (was it the mother 3 translation gang like tomato or nintendoage?) to sell it or what? I always assumed it wasn't because they never seemed to get in trouble for it, but then again, why would it be legal?

plc268

I always wondered, is the physical English translation of Mother 3 technically illegal? Like, was it illegal for whoever made it (was it the mother 3 translation gang like tomato or nintendoage?) to sell it or what? I always assumed it wasn't because they never seemed to get in trouble for it, but then again, why would it be legal?

The translation itself isn't illegal. The selling of the game is, and the selling of someone else's work (which is common with repro makers) is generally a dick move.

That said, I own a cartridge myself. I've long since replaced the awful label that it came with, though.

Clishem87

Neo Member
My 1st post so apologies for any errors and the terrible image quality etc............. i hope this works.

SSCPPckl.jpg

eatpufbl.jpg

I think this will be my only pick up this month....... waiting for next gen.
Can't say I'm enjoying windows 8 and the issues updating and installing apps!

Was my birthday last week. Got a bunch of DC presents.
Death of the family graphic Novel
A joker action figure based on his new Death of the Family look
and Scribblenauts unmasked featuring over 2000 DC characters

MRfPniOl.jpg

cj_iwakura

Made out like a bandit at a comic sale.

Comics were 3/$1, Infinity War I splurged on for $20.

85a365y.jpg

Had no idea this Darkwing Duck comic existed, looks wonderful:
TeYAJra.jpg

mywoWwU.jpg

2/$10 at GameStop
5oNUb59.jpg

(Is there a thread about their monthly deals? They're kind of amazing.)

BECKETT! (cue fan squealing)
CqRLk05.jpg

GUABwc1.jpg

Terra:
kFnr3nc.jpg

($5 each on those.)

And the guilty conscience purchase to end them all:

Nitd1uf.jpg

dRs9tFK.jpg

VMydZXP.jpg

I've had my eye on that for years.

Gamble

They are all gone, including the latest Lightning Trophy. I'm happy I ordered it rightaway when it was available. Nintendo made 2592 Lightning Trophies. Mine is no.598. But it did state 2013K on the box and underneath the trophy stand. It's possible Nintendo will make a new batch in the near future.

*man cry*

Gyrian

Badass. I have the translated Mother 3 cart as well, but where did you get it boxed?

They didn't come together.
Cart is the same one that's been posted in these threads.
Box and manual were made by Uncle Tusk, which I discovered through an old 8-4 podcast episode.

The translation itself isn't illegal. The selling of the game is, and the selling of someone else's work (which is common with repro makers) is generally a dick move.

That said, I own a cartridge myself. I've long since replaced the awful label that it came with, though.

Agreed.
I felt I could justify it because I own the genuine cart and this release is about as unlikely as possible at this point.

LAA

Received mine MK7 Lightning Trophy too a couple of days ago.

Waitwaitwait...
Did everyone who get a lightning cup get a box like that?
Mine was just a cardboard box which was shipped in with polystrene protecting it...
Was disappointed with there being no box... Weird why I havent got one...

Top Bottom