• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

Groof

Got a package from my friend in Japan!!!

Did some hands on unboxing videos too

Unboxing and Hands on 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72AZBxSgVkQ

Unboxing the Light Blue Vita 2000: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaYnIe-lYr0

More indepth look at the PS Vita 2000 after I transferred content to the 64GB card: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZXV4jaeKYY

Dude, great unboxings! That Khaki/Black one looks really slick, really like the look of it. Hope to see more unboxings from you :)

NyMartin

Banned
NYCC 2013 Pick Ups

Day 1:

Uncle Scrooge and Jurassic Park Comics
Metal Gear Rex Model Kit and Dragonball Z Scouter

25jim9k.jpg

Day 2:
Disney Comics

29wpafc.jpg

Got both of my mint retro TMNT games signed by Kevin Eastman, the creator of the TMNT

2wf0qhl.jpg

Also got his new comic signed by him and his team

2qb54d3.jpg

Original Doug Animation Cell

fa8v1i.jpg

Day 3:
Last Airbender Lost Appa Poster
Agumon Keychain
Pokemon X

a58ghw.jpg

Edit: For some reason my pics are not showing up sighh

milkham

Ee6NOSz.jpg

I'm a idiot... I should have bought that limited edition pokemon XL 3ds when they were up for preorder.. But I thought I would never buy a 3ds. Last pokemon game I played was gold/silver 12 years ago.

this just means you can buy the next limited edition guilt free!

Doombear

My first DSLR :)

Yay! Congratulations, can't wait to see what you do with it. Next pickup pics should be exciting =P

Got this as a belated birthday present, thanks Capcom. Also, because I have a Monster Hunter problem, I picked up the bright ass green one too when they had a sale on all the MH stuff. That should be here later today. I will add that pic when I take it!

Since Dave is out of commission for a while, someone has to try and fill his shoes and keep this train going, if only for a couple of weeks.

So, here's Vita number 2 in 3 weeks time!

ib16P7Lx3kRqxS.jpg

Those Hori screen protectors are excellent btw. Very easy to instal and no bubbles or anything. Just have to make sure your screen is 100% dust free.
Highly recommended. Same for the 3DS and Wii U ones.

How is killzone vita?

Went to a gamestop yesterday and had the following exchange with the kid on the other side of the counter:

"hi there... im really interested in getting a 3DS XL cus i'll be going on a trip in two days... the only thing holding me back is the possibility of nintendo releasing some kind of special edition hardware with the next zelda...

I see, let me check that for you... (dude grabs a printed list behind the counter and looks through it.) ... we might have some special stuff with the GAME but no hardware as far as i know..."

I walk out of the store pretty happy with my new black 3Ds (super slick) but i wake up to the news of that GORGEOUS system NoE is releasing... goddamn. I'm going to be mighty pissed if that makes across the pond.

Anyways... yeah.

O2x.jpg
ouch

well take solace in the fact NoA doesn't care about that shit

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Don't look at the wiener

HuZQw35.jpg

New member of the family Long Hair Chihuahua named Gizmo. He is sleepy I try to get better pics later

I won an online auction.
Y6WyFv3.jpg

Dandelion Game Boy Color to replace my current beat-up one. In pretty much pristine condition, aside from a few tiny scratches on the screen.

QNLe9FG.jpg

Even the stickers on the back are in good condition.

It also came with 8 games, four of which are pirate carts. I found this kind of exciting as I'd never owned any pirate carts before.
HNPWgWA.jpg

Grand Theft Auto
Boarder Zone
Kirby's Dream Land
Nemesis
12 in 1 Ball Collection (Pirate Cart; Includes sports games.)
Super 128 in 1 (Pirate Cart; Looks like it has a wide variety of games on it but I can't get it to work.)
Dance Dance Revolution GB 2 (Pirate Cart)
True 21 in 1 SAVE (Pirate Cart; Includes Japanese Pokemon Gold! Which supports battery-backed saves! Still has a working save file! Also includes a few other games. Pokemon Pinball is pictured on the label but the Pinball game on the cart is NOT Pokemon Pinball unless I just can't find it.)

CNBOf4H.jpg

Also came with this hard carrying case.

93zC2E8.jpg

Inside was an AC adapter, Link Cable, Worm Light, and Magnifier Light.

meppi

How is killzone vita?

Lots of fun. :)
Much, much better than 3. And I'm even liking the single player more than 2 as well.
Haven't tried multi yet.
Love how the missions are set up in such a way that you don't just rush through them and have nothing to come back to when you finish the game.
Every level is split up nicely and seems to have a lot of replay ability.
On top of that, I read that once you finish the game, it opens up a new mode where you get a whole set of different mission to tackle the stages again and again.

Got the game for free with my first Vita, which I bought 3 weeks ago.
And it's so good I wanted the card version as well, so when I was able to get it for free with a new Vita, I jumped on the opportunity. :)
Wanted a second system for Japanese PSN games as well as to have a spare OLED one just in case.
The only reason I haven't played KZ more is that I have way too many other games to play right now as I've been buying tons of stuff I missed out on.

If the PS4 game will be this good, it'll be my favourite PS4 launch game without a doubt.

Swarley

So today was awesome. Picked up a Wii U that I won from a local store. Long story short, I got my name drawn for one on the big giveaways that they were doing, which was this. Kind of funny b/c I was debating getting one over the holidays anyways, but now I don't have to!

Anyways, picked it up today and I bought New Super Mario Bros. U. I'm going to pick up either The Wind Waker HD or LEGO City Undercover this weekend.

PhotoGrid_1381885324956.jpg

hongcha

Black Vita 2000, Luigi Mansion 2 & Mario & Luigi RPG 4. Good times await me.

6scu3TQ.jpg

Now to sell off my white Vita 1000!

That's a real friend. Congrats and enjoy the finest KOF ever.

Word, we used to play 98 back when it first released, was the favorite at our anime meetings. Just hooked it up a little while ago, works beautifully except for the buttons, which I need to rewire since the D button is not hooked up.

gtrunner

Banned
Bought a Panasonic TC-P60S60, 60 inch plasma , also the tv stand it's on and DMC on pc when it was on sale. Running DMC maxed at 21:9 aspect ratio.

IMG_0364-Copy_zps309dabec.jpg

Got this today , 50 foot hdmi cable so i don't have to log my pc over to the TV to play pc games . also pacific rim

IMG_0375-Copy_zps678dedfb.jpg

ODST which of course includes the complete Halo3 multiplayer experience.
$7 each at GameStop. Been playing with my kids all night.
My 4-yr old grabbed the Invisibility & Energy Sword on The Pit, and shanked me from behind. Priceless.
Great pickups. Halo 3 was amazing, and I'm glad the younger generation is getting to enjoy it too. Firefight in ODST is great fun with multiple people too so I'd maybe consider giving that a whirl. The game is a bit darker than Halo 3 in artstyle though so just be forewarned.

You are the best person, I don't understand how people didn't like DD. Every Mario Kart is not nearly as good since. Why can't Nintendo just add 'Double Dash' mode to all Mario Karts so we can actually maintain the strategic depth that DD added by allowing you to hold items and manipulate item dispersion by hoarding lightening bolts and spike shells?

My group of friends always keeps a GC connected so we can continue playing the best one.
Haha thanks

Thanks, I prefer using simple frames because it doesn't take away any focus from the art. There might be a second series; Olly has been teasing images. If there is a second series you could buy a set of 3, if it was like last time, and trade for a Gordon. The Gordon print is very common and has a high number of prints.

Thanks for the info. I'll keep a look out for that drop. Gordon shall one day be mine! :D

Chairhome

Bought a Panasonic TC-P60S60, 60 inch plasma , also the tv stand it's on and DMC on pc when it was on sale. Running DMC maxed at 21:9 aspect ratio.

IMG_0364-Copy_zps309dabec.jpg

Got this today , 50 foot hdmi cable so i don't have to log my pc over to the TV to play pc games . also pacific rim

IMG_0375-Copy_zps678dedfb.jpg

Sweet. Are you using a 360 controller? Is the wireless range okay on it being so far (how far from the PC are you playing?)

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
az1WoFf.jpg

Popped it in and played the opening scene, and it immediately secured top dog status as my "show off 3D" movie. So damn good. Will give a proper, full viewing tomorrow night.

Also got Okami HD and the Star Wars Pinball: Balance of the Force pack through PSN, along with a a year extension of PS+. Will probably grab Remember Me and D&D Shadows of Mystara later in the week.

gtrunner

Banned
Sweet. Are you using a 360 controller? Is the wireless range okay on it being so far (how far from the PC are you playing?)
wired 360 controller with a usb extension. The pc is closer to the couch, it's about 30 feet away from the tv but10 feet away from the couch. I'm running the 50 foot cable along the wall to the computer desk.

Chairhome

wired 360 controller with a usb extension. The pc is closer to the couch, it's about 30 feet away from the tv but10 feet away from the couch. I'm running the 50 foot cable along the wall to the computer desk.

Ah, okay. this isn't a viable solution for me then, haha. I've been looking into getting a long cable but i think my PC is about 80 ft from my living room tv and even further from my couch. Maybe I'll just try to get a larger TV mounted in my PC room when I find a cheap one. Thanks

First time posting in this thread. Here is my October:

New iMac:
wHqD3sd.jpg

Pokemon X:
koaaOpc.jpg

Will be picking up a new retina MacBook next week after their announced. Pretty excited about it.

Doombear

And the green one... didn't think I would like this one more and it is a bit hard to see in the photograph. Much less contrast between the stencil and the cover, but the Dios cover is a really fun color.

D-e-f-

Banned
And the green one... didn't think I would like this one more and it is a bit hard to see in the photograph. Much less contrast between the stencil and the cover, but the Dios cover is a really fun color.

that's just a shell on top of a blue one, right?

efeman

Banned
K6x.jpg

Finally an upgrade from HD5850, after 4 years.

Running 1150/1500 so faster than most R9 280x stock

Three of my last four graphics cards were Twin Frozr variants. Both the 560 Ti TF3 (like yours) and the GTX 670 TF4 have started rattling/buzzing in one of the fans, this one being about a year old. I'm still not giving up on them for the future, since they're such good cooling, but I wish the best of luck to you.

Man, I'm really out of the loop with iMacs because holy crap have those things gotten thin o_O

that's mostly true. suffice it to say, this computer has a huge ass...

imac-27-profil.jpg

That said, it's still an amazing machine. And only weights 8 pounds.

ibvUHTkYjOsH4G.gif

They did a refresh recently, didn't they? I think I might get one of these. My old one is starting to show it's age.

Yup, two weeks ago. That's what this model is.

Top Bottom