• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

gQW7xDZ.jpg

#HALLOWEEN #SWAGGEDOUT #CEREAL #YOLO

I didn't bother with Count Chocula or Boo Berry because Count Chocula is available year-round and Boo Berry was just sorta /okay/ from what I remember (I'm not a big fan of blueberries) but I wanted to try Fruit Brute and Yummy Mummy and I liked Frankenberry last year because strawberry superiority so I got two this time.

Tadale

I'm tempted to join in on this DS4 business, but I only ever used one controller for my PS3 after I upgraded to the DS3.

dubq

I wonder if online outlets will start to ship out DS4's early as well? I have one on pre-order with Best Buy.

Artorias

Banned
gQW7xDZ.jpg

I didn't bother with Count Chocula or Boo Berry because Count Chocula is available year-round and Boo Berry was just sorta /okay/ from what I remember (I'm not a big fan of blueberries) but I wanted to try Fruit Brute and Yummy Mummy and I liked Frankenberry last year because strawberry superiority so I got two this time.

Are you in the US? Where are the classic looking boxes from?

I stocked up on Frankenberry already but I would totally buy more for those awesome boxes.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
gQW7xDZ.jpg

Were Frute Brute and Yummy Mummy around last year? I seem to recall it just being Chocula, Boo Berry, and Frankenberry for a while there.

Either way, I stuck to my mainstay this year: Count Chocula. I can't find it outside of September and October here, so I dunno. I have to stock up. Gotta have my spooky marshmallows.

Jaroof

Had to show it off...
1383425_10153348018805104_1028376021_n.jpg

Good to see that others were able to get one, too!

Gonna try it out on Arkham Origins!

When I bought it, the Gamestop employees told me how they hadn't held it yet, and asked me if I minded opening mine. I didn't mind at all, so we opened it up, and all of us held it.
It's so comfortable.

Wasn't expecting this so soon! It looks fantastic up close.

6lHNo8m.jpg

IuQazxQ.jpg

jvIhkE8.jpg

Lsooq01.jpg

O1s5HFK.jpg

Recent Ace Attorney hype made me reassess why I never got around to having the series in my collection. As you can see, that has now been rectified :)
PdPoOYl.jpg

haikira

Went a little crazy on games. Though I'm now on lockdown. Not spending a single penny on myself until after the holidays.

untitled-1dqxfx.jpg

2013-10-25-130236f1ayj.jpg

18ixci.jpg

Couldn't decide which one to get, so I bought both:
t6OGKs1.png

Something for the PS3:
o3rUYli.png

And something for the PSP:
6hRsI0p.png

The first box is Sword Art Online Limited Edition Blu-ray BOX SET II.
If somebody wants to know, Cowboy Bebop Part II ist region locked to code B.
1lXTVUa.png

If somebody wants to know, Cowboy Bebop Part II ist region locked to code B.

This confused me as I put it in my Region-hacked (to A) BD player and it came up with a region error! I have to slum it with the PS3 instead ;) Strange how the first box wasn't locked though.

Laieon

gQW7xDZ.jpg
Count Chocula is available year-round.

...where do you live? It's only available around September/October here. My dad's a manager at a grocery store and can't even specially order it, they say it's a seasonal thing. CC is literally my favorite cereal, so I stock up pretty hardcore when I manage to find it.

halfbeast

Banned
some recent purchases of this month:

Revoltech Skeleton Army Warrior (Jason and the Argonauts) figure and a couple of those iPhone Neko Stands (different colors) - which are a perfect match for funny halloween type pictures!

and two jp PS2 games, I was looking for Primal Image for a long time (never knew the name) and got Bomberman Kart as well, because it was cheap.

2azt.jpg

This confused me as I put it in my Region-hacked (to A) BD player and it came up with a region error! I have to slum it with the PS3 instead ;) Strange how the first box wasn't locked though.

Is your BD player completely region free or do you have to change the region manually?
I checked the discs with AnyDVD HD and the determined region says B.
Anime Limited confirmed, that it was a mistake, that the first box wasn't locked. If they ever make a reprint, it will also have code B.

Is your BD player completely region free or do you have to change the region manually?
I checked the discs with AnyDVD HD and the determined region says B.
Anime Limited confirmed, that it was a mistake, that the first box wasn't locked. If they ever make a reprint, it will also have code B.

My dedicated player is 'hacked' for Region A locked discs using a system unlock code, but it also plays unlocked discs from any region - which explains why the first box set discs worked without issue.

Kobiekun

Were Frute Brute and Yummy Mummy around last year? I seem to recall it just being Chocula, Boo Berry, and Frankenberry for a while there.

Either way, I stuck to my mainstay this year: Count Chocula. I can't find it outside of September and October here, so I dunno. I have to stock up. Gotta have my spooky marshmallows.

Fruit Brute was discontinued by 1984 and replaced in 1987 by Fruity Yummy Mummy, which also had a short life as it was discontinued in 1993.

More info here.

I too bought all five flavors this year (at a Target in San Diego). There's a comic on the back of the box that references the fact that the brute and the mummy haven't been seen for a long while.

jcutner

Yonge/Dundas?

Commerce Court / CIBC building

Commerce Court St2235
199 Bay Street
Unit C-134
Toronto, M5L 1E7
(416) 861-9521

I had to ask if they had any, and they got it from the back. They had the Playstation 4 Camera sitting on the shelf behind the counter.

dubq

Commerce Court / CIBC building

Commerce Court St2235
199 Bay Street
Unit C-134
Toronto, M5L 1E7
(416) 861-9521

I had to ask if they had any, and they got it from the back. They had the Playstation 4 Camera sitting on the shelf behind the counter.

Awesome, thanks!

...where do you live? It's only available around September/October here. My dad's a manager at a grocery store and can't even specially order it, they say it's a seasonal thing. CC is literally my favorite cereal, so I stock up pretty hardcore when I manage to find it.

The only place I could find them was Target.
Apparently other stores carry boxes with the modern redesign, but I haven't seen them anywhere else.

As far as Frute Brute and Yummy Mummy, I /think/ they might have brought YM back for a very short time last year but I was never able to get/find any. Frute Brute has been discontinued since the 80s or 90s and this is the first time in 20+ years that it's been available.

Yes Boss!

As far as Frute Brute and Yummy Mummy, I /think/ they might have brought YM back for a very short time last year but I was never able to get/find any. Frute Brute has been discontinued since the 80s or 90s and this is the first time in 20+ years that it's been available.

Interesting. I saw the Frute Brute (and some other new ones) but they were in new packaging. I though they were modern takes to add to the line. I'll pick up a Frute Brute tonight!

gQW7xDZ.jpg

I gotta stock up on Count Chocula.

I buy enough that I'll still be opening boxes next summer, haha.

Mobius 1

How's the drinking out of that thermos? Any leaks? I've had awful luck with various Nissan Thermos.

It's been great. The lid seal works and the lock keeps it from opening accidentally.

The best part: It has kept my coffee warm enough to drink for 12 hours today.

Rafy

I won the COD Ghosts Prestige Edition (don't know if it counts)

BLOPS2 was on discount for 10 euros(new) and the HDMI was 4.99.

Do you know if Gamestop accepts trade ins for sealed games and do they evaluate them better than non sealed used copies? I am planning to get another one of those games today so I can get them to drop the price on a 12gb PS3.

I won the COD Ghosts Prestige Edition (don't know if it counts)

BLOPS2 was on discount for 10 euros(new) and the HDMI was 4.99.

Do you know if Gamestop accepts trade ins for sealed games and do they evaluate them better than non sealed used copies? I am planning to get another one of those games today so I can get them to drop the price on a 12gb PS3.

Are you in Italy? because Gamestop policies likely change based on country

In the US, you cannot trade in sealed games. You have to open them and trade them in used. This is due to Gamestop accepting used goods and is a basic law of operating like a pawn shop but again may be different in different countries

Rafy

Are you in Italy? because Gamestop policies likely change based on country

In the US, you cannot trade in sealed games. You have to open them and trade them in used. This is due to Gamestop accepting used goods and is a basic law of operating like a pawn shop but again may be different in different countries

Yep, I am in Italy, I don't think there is such a law here.

Top Bottom