• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER 2014 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

GURREN LAGANN Ultimate Edition (Blu Ray) - Got hit with the disc tray issue, talk of a replacement program so fingers crossed that gets sorted. Otherwise, I'm delighted with it!

i9nt1Ns5hVuDd.JPG

i8NGzU5fwmk8V.JPG

iMGSGzK3EWc5m.JPG

iM7ctQeuI2Zj0.JPG

i4PbB71lONWzS.JPG

i4ePUr6KLHO5z.JPG

iAWd1zANr46c4.JPG

ixyTLKwYAd4ZR.JPG

i9JrzNs0OoqRb.JPG

ibeZgYjScUC2eK.JPG

ibvqu617MAdqb6.JPG

i0mYBMiYlIf53.JPG

ibnJ8SObGWh75E.JPG

ibviCVosMayEvn.JPG

Few days in to my Holiday to America with a few pick ups so far:

Been meaning to buy P4G since I bought my Vita a few months back but thought I would wait till I had time to play it. So far I'm only a few hours in but I can see why everyone raves about it.

Some pool side reading for when the sunglare stops me playing P4G.

Koppai

I just got the sexy ass Galaxy Note 4 from Best Buy, also got hired by them today! :)

1377256_10152364843071646_3867614539418485005_n.jpg

Pic taken with an iPhone 4...lol

Today has been an awesome day for me :)

Rival

Gold Member
I just got the sexy ass Galaxy Note 4 from Best Buy, also got hired by them today! :)

1377256_10152364843071646_3867614539418485005_n.jpg

Pic taken with an iPhone 4...lol

Today has been an awesome day for me :)

Congratulations! Remember to always give your best effort in everything you do and nothing but good things will happen! Nice pickup too!

All my purchases since I last posted in this thread.

DSCF0592.jpg

FIFA and Destiny were day one. Personalized Manchester United jersey and keychain, I picked up on my vacation. Attack on Titan Colossal Edition, I got from my sister for my birthday three days ago. It's massive, haha.

Nobodys quoted this but nice pick up! Do tell! Index funds?

Index funds are going to be up in my next round of investment some time next year. This was just a general fund and an energies fund. I had been putting off investing because I was closing on a condo but that's now over and done with and I can get started on this.

Every year of compounding returns counts in investments, gotta get started early!

Apath

Official NBA game ball signed by Joakim Noah of the Chicago Bulls. Shame he showed up thirty minutes late, or I could have gotten Jimmy Butler, Doug McDermott, and Nikola Mirotic signatures as well. He also signed the worst part of the ball, but whatever, got to shake the dude's hand.

My first post in one of these threads and it's been a really good month! Finally got Amazon sent me my Gurren Lagann Ultimate Edition Blu-Ray boxset, and I was delighted to find my copy of Bayonetta 2 in the same package. Drive Club, Smash and Fantasy Life were bought earlier in the month. Save for Lords of the Fallen, that's me done for the month I reckon.

Etu9gUyl.jpg

ipu5JzGl.jpg

Qxq4Hl3l.jpg

b9HelyRl.jpg

mnLZtShl.jpg

jdkluv

XSEED's LEs for the PSP releases of Ys Seven, Ys: The Oath in Felghana and Ys I & II Chronicles. I had been looking for them for quite a long time, but unfortunately they got a *little* too expensive over the years. Being an european Falcom fan doesn't help either. ;_;

wijvD8Z.png

(This is the fourth time I bought The Oath in Felghana, BTW.)

(Also lol at "Only On PlayStation".)

Ys Origin First Print Edition - comes with a 120 page artbook. Falcom's excellent packaging as usual.

FuS0L4e.png

A bunch of Falcom albums:

Ou1FJ8R.png

· Music From Star Trader - Includes the original PC-88 soundtrack of Star Trader (a side-scrolling shooter with some adventure elements released in 1989), plus 6 bonus arrangements by Keiichi Oku. Unfortunately, this may be the weakest Falcom soundtrack has ever produced - not even goddess Mieko Ishikawa could save this one :(. Tracks like The Charge, Legacia, Moon Scape, The Siege, The Manufacturing Plant and Star Trader are REALLY good though, and those 6 arrangements are superb (and it's thanks to this game we got GO FIGHT). Probably the rarest Falcom album I physically own at this point.

· Sorcerian Mega Drive Version Original Sound Track - As the name indicates, this is the soundtrack for the Mega Drive version of Sorcerian. The album comes with a bunch of classic Sorcerian tracks arranged in Mega Drive synth, and there's also a lot of new compositions by Tokuhiko Uwabo and Hiroshi Kubota made exclusive for this particular version of the game - most of them are pretty average, with a couple of pretty good tunes here and there. The mixing and mastering on this album is VERY well done - to the point this release may be one of the best sounding Sorcerian albums, though I feel Music From Sorcerian is a much better album all around. Overall happy with the purchase.

· The Legend of Heroes: Sora no Kiseki (Trails in the Sky) FC & SC Super Arrange Version - Good stuff overall, though I prefer the originals songs. Probably the best track in the entire album is this insanely good arrangement of The Enforcers from SC. On a separate note, I really appreaciate Falcom decided to release the song that plays on the very first preview of FC with this album - which is actually from the soundtrack of another little known game released by Falcom called RINNE. A great song worth of everyone's attention.

And... well...

Ib6v1T4.png

Still not sure how this happened, but it still has the bitching boxart from the original PC-98 game so it's alright. I'll probably play and beat the SNES version at some point, while also looking for an original PC-98 copy as well.

kunonabi

A very seasonal haul for me which was fairly inadvertent on my part/

Plenty of witches, vampires, demons, and psychos to go around.

Also some digital stuff:

Castlevania: Dracula X
Castlevania: Circle of the Moon
Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
Master Reboot

I'd trade them all for a VC release of Castlevania: Bloodlines to be honest.

pariah164

So, more pickups than expected this month.

Fantasy Life was my only planned pickup, and then today, I took over a bookcase-worth of books to Bookman's and got an insane amount of store credit and cash. Didn't spend much, but got some things that caught my eye.

I've been eyeing Ragnarok Odyssey, and when I heard the Ace version had all the DLC, I definitely wanted to give it a go. Was happy to find a copy on the Bookman's shelf. XSEED has a hook firmly in my wallet, apparently.

As for From the Abyss, I don't know much about it. Going in blind is always interesting.

Another blind purchase. I don't usually buy anime, but if it's a complete series, I make an exception. 2 DVDs, 2 Blu-rays. Not gonna use the Blu-rays, since I don't have the means to play them, so I'm not sure what to do with them.

Hilti92

Sx6eEEO.jpg

F0bnb8B.jpg

Birthday month. Ended up getting Forza Horizon with the gift card. Also picked up The Walking Dead Season 1 and Minecraft. Both on XBOX One. Pretty good month.

Ganondolf

not many game related pickups recently as most stuff bought is for my first house (which is currently going through the legal process).

temporary_zps6154c672.jpg

temporary_zps3341c2c4.jpg

temporary_zps3f44eace.jpg

temporary_zpsa098b1bb.jpg

Top Bottom