• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Goodbye September! HELLO OCTOBER!

PSP GO!

UNCHARTED 2!

TEKKEN 6!

FORZA 3!

GTA BALLAD OF GAY TONY!

Goodbye September, we hardly knew ye.

Get ready for the next battle....

NeoGAF October Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

10eqzrk.jpg

209kfoo.jpg

For those of you new to this thread, this is a place for us to show off our new pickups and discuss them!

REMINDER! Or get banned!

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

200g12c.jpg

Mods are <3 and have banned people that DO NOT READ/FOLLOW the op!

ALSO!

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

ARCHIVES:
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009

Oh yea I wanted to say one more thing!!

200g12c.jpg

---

Here are my favorite pickups from SEPTEMBER!

3935171472_39aaa9927d.jpg

3949297498_776fc9ba3a.jpg

3905960658_cbfaa8f8ae.jpg

3843294407_a953d074d9.jpg

Yes Boss!

Yay!

New month. Forgot Ballad of Gay Tony is coming. That shit is gonna be fun.

Favorite pick-ups from last month are:

Asin on Filmfare. Love that my girl is conquering the Hindi Industry. Breath of fresh air:

P1020477.jpg

Totally awesome gesture from memecomplex to send me these (if you need anything else from NA, don't hesitate to ask memecomplex!). Love:

P1020336.jpg

Cheesecake single portion I created last week:

P1020426.jpg

Special nod to MarkMan. My new favorite Mad Catz product. I've got grand expectations for the Tatsunoko stick:

P1020275.jpg

And my Indian spice rack:

P1020176.jpg

Bring on Big October...

September was a big month for me
PS3 Slim and HRAP EX-SE were definite highlights (both are in the above image if you look closely)!

I think this month will be more reserved. Looking forward to Tekken 6!

Yes Boss!

^^

Beautiful. Nice quote for October.

I had no luck finding a cheap VGA earlier. Stopped into two Gamestops when I went grocery shopping at Trader Joe's and both had it in their system for $40 still :-( Must not be a CA thing yet.

Yes Boss!

Wow, Game & Watch love! Always wanted to collect/re-buy those as an adult but that is one pricey hobby. Everything that makes Nintendo great is right there in those little things.

Picked up some stuff for the Go. Couldn't get GT Mobile yet since I only have a 1 GB memory card and not enough room for it on the 2000. But, so far what is up on the store is pretty impressive. Still, should give at least five bucks off on new release PSP download titles. $40 for Motorstorm and GT. WTH?! No Pac-Man CE yet :-(

Pixeljunk Monsters Deluxe:

P1020524.jpg

Jumping Flash 2 for old-time memories:

P1020525.jpg

b.e.r.g said:
G&Ws are awesome! Mario's Cement Factory rocks :)

I'd only played it once before on one of the GBA G&W collections and didn't think much of it, the actual G&W seems much more frantic and way more fun :D

Yes Boss! said:
Wow, Game & Watch love! Always wanted to collect/re-buy those as an adult but that is one pricey hobby. Everything that makes Nintendo great is right there in those little things.

So true, I've probably spent a little more than I should have so far, plus I got another 3 on their way so I should probably slowdown a bit on the spending :lol

_dementia said:

September was a big month for me
PS3 Slim and HRAP EX-SE were definite highlights (both are in the above image if you look closely)!

I think this month will be more reserved. Looking forward to Tekken 6!

::quietly applauds::

Chorazin

05169d9d.jpg

Read a compairison of few BT headsets on Engadget (or Gizmodo, I forget which one) this past week, and these were recommended because they sound good and were dirt cheap ($39.99 on Amazon.)

Got them and they paired with my iPhone 3GS quickly and easily, and they sound good, better than the stock iPhone earbuds I was wearing during my morning walks. I wear glasses and they fit just fine, and they are pretty light. I hate cords so much when working out, so I think these will be the answer to my problems!

Bliddo said:

I have to wait till the end of the month! God this sucks..... and if I remember correctly we get two MLS players on the front + someone else I don't remember. At least it's Blanco from my team!

OP forget about this beauty I guess!:D

One quick question... (I am not a playstation guy, but I will be soon)

Does your "Trophies" from PSP count as your Trophies on PS3.

Like if I buy the PSP first to play on the go..... will all the trophies I earn be there for when I get my Slim?

wow just check my list for this month. my god I will dropping some change.

FIFA10 - pre-order it
MW2 - pre-order it
HALO ODST - climbing aboard today
GTA 4 - climbing aboard today LTTP
Brutal Legend - pre-order it
Forza 3 - pre-order it

archnemesis said:
PSP isn't secure enough for a trophy system according to Sony.

oh wow that sucks.... that might have made my decision to not buy a PSP. whats the point in playing if I can't earn anything......

I don't mind playing gameboy(doesnt have achievements/trophies) or something along those lines...... but come on.:D

MidnightRider said:
oh wow that sucks.... that might have made my decision to not buy a PSP. whats the point in playing if I can't earn anything......

I don't mind playing gameboy(doesnt have achievements/trophies) or something along those lines...... but come on.:D

Im sorry to douche up this thread, but not playing something because it doesnt have trophies is the stupidest thing you could do. The point of playing a game is for fun, not earning virtual trophies that mean nothing.

The biggest pick-up for non-importing PS3 owners should be Demon's Souls on Oct 6th. Best game I've played in a long, long time.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I bought Thexder Neo for PSP today. I used to love Thexder on the Apple IIgs, and it's so awesome having an excellent remake with improved controls. :D

otakuderek

I bought $600 worth of college textbooks (online and used) and paid my tuition. My wallet is crying and its going to cry more when I pick up Forza 3 (demo = amazing!) and Fable 2 Platinum Hits, maybe MagnaCarta 2 if it's decent.

Sigma 2 Collector's Edition, a day early from HMV, nice surprise.

Box
DSC03984.jpg

Game, original sound track & art book. Also contains voucher for special costume.
DSC03985.jpg

planning to get:

-um jammer lammy on PSN
-Borderlands on 360 pr PS3
-Dragon Quest V for DS (already bought!)

and possibly Brutal Legend on 360. Either that or Fable II.

LRB1983

Banned
C4dF5.jpg

PSP Go
PSP Go Stand
PSP Go Component Cable
(I'm going to Download Manhunt 2 and Gran Turismo 4 right now. xD)
3 tickets for
Aywh3.jpg

1zx1w69.jpg

Core i5 build is assembled and running. 's gonna be a Media Center / Game Machine hooked up right next to the 42" TV. It's the first desktop that I've had in over 8 years, so it's going to be fun picking up some Steam weekend sales and catching up on some PC gaming.

Sadly I still have to drop in the 4870 1gb that should be arriving today. The GFX card pictured is just a temp one that I borrowed from a friend to see if the 58XX series would push down the prices on the 4870s.

Red.Devil said:
Got this little baby in the mail today from Amazon Germany.

IMG_0021.jpg

I knew the pickup thread wouldn't let me down. I am curious about some impressions guys so get crackin asap.

My pickups for last month because I was lazy and didn't post all month.....

DSCF0113.jpg

DSCF0114.jpg

DSCF0117.jpg

HP Mini Netbook. It can actually run WoW. All I can really do is Auction house stuff while at work, but still, I like it

DSCF0120.jpg

DSCF0122.jpg

And Finally...
DSCF0109.jpg

My 1st Hamster. Say hello to Bijou everyone

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
It pains me that I haven't been able to participate in these threads for awhile. =( On the flipside, my wallet has been happy! =)

Fuck the haters, this is one sexy little piece of technology:
0910011303000.jpg

0910011304000.jpg

comparison shot vs 1000
0910011309000.jpg

Expect pics of PSN purchases later today/tomorrow

And the old news, technically a september pickup but I figured I'd just wait for today.
0910011347000.jpg

Campaign is good, firefight will wear itself thin very quickly. All told not bad.

JDeluis

Everytime I go to The Bridge Cinema Deluxe I enjoy searching for photo books on clearance at Borders. "Individuals - Portraits from the Gap Collection" was $5.59 after 30% coupon and comes with a CD of songs featured in Gap Ads.

IMG_6192-1.jpg

Yes Boss!

MortalMonkey said:

Be sure to upload your weekly steps! We are half way to Mars but it is still far, far away. Did my part yesterday and uploaded 12,500 steps with a nice 6-mile walk!

Lots of Go love in this thread...proving all the "overpirced" hate was from a vocal minority. Sounds suspiciously familiar to Wii owners. Sexy new system. New hardware only comes two or three times annually...embrace!

gamerecks said:
Im sorry to douche up this thread, but not playing something because it doesnt have trophies is the stupidest thing you could do. The point of playing a game is for fun, not earning virtual trophies that mean nothing.

There is a great need for sarcasm font.

Top Bottom