• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

sajj316

Yes Boss! said:
Asin on Filmfare. Love that my girl is conquering the Hindi Industry. Breath of fresh air:

P1020477.jpg

I absolutely love Asin. So does my wife. She is malu right? As someone from Kerala, I am absolutely happy for her and her success in Bollywood!

MidnightRider said:
oh wow that sucks.... that might have made my decision to not buy a PSP. whats the point in playing if I can't earn anything......

I don't mind playing gameboy(doesnt have achievements/trophies) or something along those lines...... but come on.:D

Joke post?

neoism

TheFightingFish said:
1zx1w69.jpg

Core i5 build is assembled and running. 's gonna be a Media Center / Game Machine hooked up right next to the 42" TV. It's the first desktop that I've had in over 8 years, so it's going to be fun picking up some Steam weekend sales and catching up on some PC gaming.

Sadly I still have to drop in the 4870 1gb that should be arriving today. The GFX card pictured is just a temp one that I borrowed from a friend to see if the 58XX series would push down the prices on the 4870s.
A man, do you know your shit, when it comes to putting computers together? I'm getting a new computer in the next 2 months, I want to build it, mainly to save money, but I'm scared I'll fuck something up while building it. Never done it before! I'm waiting for the new 58XX cards, I really want a computer that can really play Crysis. If not, is it hard to put together? I'd think the wires are the biggest hassle.

Yes Boss!

sajj316 said:
I absolutely love Asin. So does my wife. She is malu right? As someone from Kerala, I am absolutely happy for her and her success in Bollywood!

Yep, Kerala. Hope she doesn't give up Tamil movies altogether...but there is a big enough back catalog out there that hindi stuff for the next few years will be fun. She will bring lots of class and grace.

neoism said:
A man, do you know your shit, when it comes to putting computers together? I'm getting a new computer in the next 2 months, I want to build it, mainly to save money, but I'm scared I'll fuck something up while building it. Never done it before! I'm waiting for the new 58XX cards, I really want a computer that can really play Crysis. If not, is it hard to put together? I'd think the wires are the biggest hassle.

If you ever think about upgrading your computer, check out the PC Build thread. Brainstew, Hazaro, Evil Solrac, etc. those guys will help you pick out any of your components, and if you need some walkthroughs for building the PC yourself I'm sure they or one of the other posters can help you through it. I built mine from the ground up based off their posts while I was still lurking, and its really not that hard at all. They can usually point out things you might have missed easily (for example, plugging in a 4pin power cable to your cpu, which was a problem I had (along with some other posters, which is how I found out about the solution).

Seriously, build it yourself to save the money, GAF can easily help you through the process.

EDIT: Link to help you find your way: Official "I need a new PC!!" 2009 Edition

EDIT 2: (unrelated) Loving all the PSP GO love in this thread, keep it up GAF. We can single handedly (with help from all the non-GAFfers in the world) carry the GO to success!

oct09pokemon.jpg

Finally! Only took two weeks to come! Just done the first gym, loving it all over again.

oct09gits.jpg

Everyone tells me to watch this. It's not my usual cup of tea (prefer sugary sweet slice of life stuff, as a rule), but gonna give it a stab.

mojiimbo

Fairly last minute pickup.

2ur6yv6.jpg

Actually got them in earlier in the week, wasn't sure they would pan out but I'm glad they did. Wish my earplugs from Amazon had gotten here in time. QOTSA killed my ears for a good day last time they came through here around two years ago, but I don't expect to get that close to the stage this time around.

zmet

Bomberman 93 and Street Fighter II': Champion Edition for the PC Engine
oc1.jpg

Bomberman for the PC Engine and Monster vs. Aliens
oc2.jpg

Prinny: Can I Really Be the Hero? for the PSP
oc3.jpg

Altered Beast arcade version for the Wii
oc4.jpg

Namco Museum Essentials for the PS3
oc5.jpg

Maximus.

m7vr08.jpg

Evil Dead, still need to get Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness on bluray
Volume 3&4 of Xmen
The Nightmare before Christmas on bluray
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 with 4 post card things
Snow Leopard
Pirates on Bluray

Not pictured is the psn download game of Ratchet and Clank and a couple of giftcards i got for a mall and the liquor store :p

LTTP on Halo ODST -- Needed a new controller (i am a controller freak) --- A football(soccer) hooligan book.:lol

all3.jpg

dragon.jpg

dragon2.jpg

Was pretty happy that it came with a headset. I have a wireless one and thats it and now I finally have something to use while the wireless charges.

PICS TAKEN WITH AN iPhone.

Android18a said:
[IG]http://www.silentdream.co.uk/pickups/oct09pokemon.jpg[/IMG]

Finally! Only took two weeks to come! Just done the first gym, loving it all over again.

oct09gits.jpg

Everyone tells me to watch this. It's not my usual cup of tea (prefer sugary sweet slice of life stuff, as a rule), but gonna give it a stab.

I've got all of those in my netflix que. I need to watch a few to see if I will like them.......

LiK

some stuff from Sept. i forgot to post them D: more stuff coming later in the week.

ODST_persona_BD.jpg

NG2_KH.jpg

plus MP Phazon statue ^_^
phazon.jpg

*pew pew*
phazon2.jpg

phazon3.jpg

die Marky! *pew!*
phazon4.jpg

-PXG- said:
I heard those Wal-Mart controllers are made from left over/ refurbed parts. Good luck with it....

Thanks. It's not like I don't have 32643623432464326 controllers anyway..... you know how that guy collects those stickboards (don't know what they are called) well that's how I am with controllers

you gotta admit.... the things looks pretty sweet though huh? I didn't post the chicks face that is on the other side :)

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
LiK said:

First4Figures rocks my socks. I only have their Skull Kid, but I want more. I'm not quite prepared to shell out the $220 (minimum) a used Fierce Diety Link though!
Stupid limited production..

ngower

3972350317_6cb4b19487_b.jpg

As a test, I kept my windows down in the 50ºF drive back for about 20-30 minutes, certainly a warm coat!

Forgot to post all my September grabs, nothing special, perhaps I'll edit them in here within a few minutes...or not...only time can tell, can you handle the suspense GAF?

PICT0026-1.jpg

I'm learning guitar and this is my starter amp. My cat was checking it out as I snapped the pic.

PICT0031-1.jpg

Picked this up used at the local EB so I can play Arkham asylum on PC

PICT0033.jpg

Some art for my hallway. MANY moons ago I used to skate and these are two of the decks I had.

PICT0035.jpg

Three mini Gamecube candy boxes/noise makers. I'm going to try my hand at DS homebrew with the Acekard 2i.

PICT0036.jpg

While I was ordering the Acekard I figured I get a Wii battery charging station.

Str0ngStyle said:
I knew the pickup thread wouldn't let me down. I am curious about some impressions guys so get crackin asap.

My pickups for last month because I was lazy and didn't post all month.....

And Finally...
DSCF0109.jpg

My 1st Hamster. Say hello to Bijou everyone

My brother and I had a hamster when we were young lads. My brother named the hamster "Pockets." Till this day, I have no fucking idea why...

Congrats on the pickup!

P.S. Make sure you wear chained gloves because they little guys bite like a mofo!!!

MMaRsu

So far I bought :

NGII
UTIII
Fifa10
GTAIV
CoD4

on 360. Will post pics later :).

Getting : Brutal Legend
Forza 3
Maybe Borderlands

JEKKI

Marky Marky Marky Marky Marky Marky Marky Marky Marky Marky Marky Marky Marky Marky.

dood markmang u suck!!

I went thru all the trouble making u a banner for the pickup thread, and u had to make the thread with one already!!

209kfoo.jpg

u see, I was inspired by the fact that today is the first of the month, and I coincidentally got my paycheck today as well.

so Im like wake up wake up wake up get up get up get up so cash your checks and com oooooon~~

then I threw sum tekken and halloween shyt in there coz I thought it would be appropriate

anyway Im still a bauss.

Nakazato

JEKKI said:
Marky Marky Marky Marky Marky Marky Marky Marky Marky Marky Marky Marky Marky Marky.

dood markmang u suck!!

I went thru all the trouble making u a banner for the pickup thread, and u had to make the thread with one already!!

209kfoo.jpg

u see, I was inspired by the fact that today is the first of the month, and I coincidentally got my paycheck today as well.

so Im like wake up wake up wake up get up get up get up so cash your checks and com oooooon~~

then I threw sum tekken and halloween shyt in there coz I thought it would be appropriate

anyway Im still a bauss.
>.<;; now Im going to listen to bone thugs

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
I have to admit I've never played any of them, shame for my gaming cred but yay for me (I guess, they're supposed to be good right?).
To think I used to hate jrpgs before the DS (and I've been gaming since '81)... turns out I just needed to play them on-the-go/bathroom/bed.

Back to my purchase, I guess it should rate pretty good right?
At least I remember hearing good things about these games.
I've found a great deal and bought them all. They'll probably last me a couple of years :D

2czx7qx.jpg

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Got some games for an upcoming three week trip.

The Dark Spire, Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer, Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story, Puchi Puchi Virus, and The Legend of Kage 2 for DS; Vagrant Story for a great price at Half Price Books (price started good + got a 15% off coupon); and SimTower and Ecco the Dolphin for PC (dirt freaking cheap at Half Price).
28jehxl.jpg

May be going back to Fry's for a few more clearance DS games at great prices. Some combination of Viva Pinata, Theresia, Time Hollow, and Front Mission, maybe also Prey the Stars or Dropcast. Also a pretty good amount of old Sim- games still at that Half Price for really cheap, may grab a couple even though I know nothing about them.

GAF better not be screwing me on Shiren and Vagrant Story.

Yes Boss!

So awesome! YRF's first blu-ray release with the promise of 10 more in november including bona-fide classics like DDLJ and Kabhi Kabhie and Veer Zaraa.

P1020533.jpg

I see alot of people have picked-up Persona for the PSP... How is it? I've been meaning to either pick this, or the Devil Summoner game for the DS.

Anybody have an opinion?

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Micromegas said:
I see alot of people have picked-up Persona for the PSP... How is it? I've been meaning to either pick this, or the Devil Summoner game for the DS.

Anybody have an opinion?

It's a sack of buttholes and I fucking hate it.

Okay, not that bad, but it's possibly the most tedious RPG I've ever played in my life. Review forthcoming...

edit: Oh, but the OST is a fucking masterpiece. Shoji Meguro is still my hero. Buy the soundtrack, skip the game.

suikodan

dd87c094.jpg

Got a white PSPGo. Perhaps the fact that it was the last white one (and last unit at all) at BB made me nervous since I was uncertain if I wanted one. :lol

Also got NGS2 which is... under the Go.

jaydogg691

enewtabie said:
Picked up a PSPgo and another PSN card. Going to probably get Motorstorm and a Mini right now.

013-1.jpg
That's a very nice setup you got there. I just got home with my PSP Go and going to post some pics.

Top Bottom