• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Heavy day today. Yes, all October 1st.

5u480i.jpg

Guitar Hero World Tour PS3 band kit
Guitar Hero 5 PS3 guitar kit
Guitar Hero Van Halen software offer
^^ total $169.99 from Guitar Hero Store^^

2960h84.jpg

Guitar Hero Metallica - $46.99
The Beatles Rock Band - $53.99
Rock Revolution (for the lulz) - $4.99

2r3z31j.jpg

Little Big Planet - $42.49 (I like the box art better than the GOTY edition)
Need For Speed Shift PS3 - $39.99 @ Best Buy

2vnf9sj.jpg

iPhone 3G S 32GB black with 2 yrs. of Apple Care
Speck hard plastic carrying case (not pictured)
AT&T iPhone car charger (box pictured)
Anti-glare screen protectors (not pictured)
Universal iPod/iPhone dock with remote
Composite A/V Cables
^^ total after 8.1% tax: $617.11^^

4sflmx.jpg

iHome iP9 (black) - $84.87

25kso07.jpg

4GB Class 4 MicroSDHC with USB and SD adapters - $9.99
TI-30X-IIs Solar Scientific Calculator - it ran for seven years and it got stolen before I ever needed to replace the battery :lol
Boom Blox - $14.98 on Target clearance

2ue1ieq.jpg

and rounding off the day
1.75 L Jack Daniels No. 7 Tennessee sour mash whiskey
750 mL Romana Sambuca
1.75 L Jagermeister
750 mL Disaronno amaretto liqueur (not pictured)
750 mL Tisdale chardonnay from California (not pictured)
^^ $117.89 and no tax ^^ (gotta love military privileges)

Oh, and no smile, bcuz alcohol iz srs bsnss.

(total for this post - $1223.31 if I did my math right - not everything was taxable)
*side note - would be a palindrome if I spent an additional $9.90 :lol

KanZolo

[ img shitload of handhelds]

:lol Tiger Game Com...just threw mine out last week. Couldnt track down the stylus or any games

Yes Boss!

Ok,

PSP Go is just flat-out sexy. Best Sony hardware since the Slimline PS2. I rank it just below the Micro as the best handheld design. Screen is brilliant. Build is high-quality, more like Sony's older hardware (PSP 1000, MD player) and best of all: none of that crappy UMD nonsense. And it is shockingly itty-bitty. I love it, something I never do with Sony products since they usually lack charm.

P1020542.jpg

P1020536.jpg

P1020538.jpg

P1020540.jpg

P1020541.jpg

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Yes Boss! said:
Ok,

PSP Go is just flat-out sexy. Best Sony hardware since the Slimline PS2. I rank it just below the Micro as the best handheld design. Screen is brilliant. Build is high-quality, more like Sony's older hardware (PSP 1000, MD player) and best of all: none of that crappy UMD nonsense. And it is shockingly itty-bitty. I love it, something I never do with Sony products since they usually lack charm.

Held one in my hands at work tonight. God damn, they look great, feel great, everything. Why does it have to be DD only? D:

milkham

i got my hands on one at the GDGT event earlier tonight, it feels really nice. now i'm tempted.
not sure if i was just imagining it but hte analog nub felt a lot better.

suikodan said:
dd87c094.jpg

Got a white PSPGo. Perhaps the fact that it was the last white one (and last unit at all) at BB made me nervous since I was uncertain if I wanted one. :lol

Also got NGS2 which is... under the Go.

Is that Metal Gear? How are you playing that on PSP?

edit: oh wait is that Metal Gear Solid (PSX version) from the PSN store?

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
ngower said:
3972350317_6cb4b19487_b.jpg

As a test, I kept my windows down in the 50ºF drive back for about 20-30 minutes, certainly a warm coat!

Forgot to post all my September grabs, nothing special, perhaps I'll edit them in here within a few minutes...or not...only time can tell, can you handle the suspense GAF?

Hey I'm in that issue! Check out my interview ;)

After seeing all of the PSP Go pics...I'll probably get one around December (which is my birthday month) as it looks fantastic.

Starting October off with some basics right now though. :)

IMG_1210.jpg

Sephon

Almost completely gaming-unrelated.
But I bought a new jacket which some might recognize:
Thriller_Cut.jpg

I actually love it, it's a beauty.

marwan

Banned
this thread is full of PSP GO! at the rate that people bitched the PSP GO on the official thread, i'm shocked to see how many people bought it! good for you guys ;)

also, am i the only person that bought "Thexder Neo", come on guys give that game a bit of love, it reminds me so much of Bangai-O.

edit: curious question. if i download a game on the classic PSP using my account, then i sign in on the PSP GO with the same account, would i be able to download the same game for free since i paid for it on the classic PSP?

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
marwan said:
also, am i the only person that bought "Thexder Neo", come on guys give that game a bit of love, it reminds me so much of Bangai-O.

/love :lol

marwan said:
edit: curious question. if i download a game on the classic PSP using my account, then i sign in on the PSP GO with the same account, would i be able to download the same game for free since i paid for it on the classic PSP?

Yes, you can.

Yes Boss!

marwan said:
this thread is full of PSP GO! at the rate that people bitched the PSP GO on the official thread, i'm shocked to see how many people bought it! good for you guys ;)

Marwan,

When are you getting yours in the UAE? After handling this thing all evening it is right up your alley. You will love it. LOVE IT.

Thexder Neo good? I still have to get GT Mobile. But I trust your judgement on the Squeenix game and will give it a go in the coming week.

Haters be damned...they were a foolish lot for months and I knew as soon as the machine was released that shit would disappear. I finally gave up going into Go threads because they were just about as bad as Wii threads.

Solideliquid said:
Is that Metal Gear? How are you playing that on PSP?

edit: oh wait is that Metal Gear Solid (PSX version) from the PSN store?

It's neither, it's the Peace Walker demo and you can play it on the PSP by dumping it into the GAME folder of the PSP/PSP Go.

Sephon

Fox the Sly said:
Where and how much? x_x!

From a swedish onlinestore (http://www.sandsalt.se/)
But the jackets are ordered from somewhere in mexico, so there should be more retailers out there.
The price was around 287.25$, but nice quality (what I can tell so far) so it's not completely overpriced

jaydogg691

Went to pick up my Go at Best Buy and a Sony rep was there showing off the Go and giving out GT PSP posters. The Sony rep was also cool enough to hook me up with a Navarro multiplayer skin for Uncharted 2.
DSC00328.jpg

Also bought a case for my Go.
DSC00349.jpg

Close up of the Go and case
DSC00350.jpg

DSC00359.jpg

PJM Deluxe
DSC00369.jpg

Close up of the GT poster
DSC00333.jpg

Now time to play.

F

finskninja

Unconfirmed Member
monkeycrap said:
PICT0033.jpg

Some art for my hallway. MANY moons ago I used to skate and these are two of the decks I had.

Man that pic just made my day! O´Brien and Roskopp nostalgia, man those were the days. Not a day goes by without me think of skateboarding again, damn how i miss it.

I wouldn't be surprised if Pinball HoF and My World My Way end up on my 2009 Top Ten list. HoF feels like the definitive console pinball sim, the presentation is spot on. My World My Way is so unique, the pout system is a really cool gameplay mechanic. It's a blast to play.

oct.jpg

oct1.jpg

oct2.jpg

Jeffree Star's debut is the first of many CDs on my Fall to-buy list. I got an autographed copy that came with a few pins. He managed to pump out a pretty darn good album, thanks in large part to it being slathered in his awesome over the top persona. Production is slick electro pop, very well done.

Another package arrived today, glad to finally have my hands on these games as it took about a week and a half longer than normal for them to arrive.

DSC00151.jpg

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Unemployment has killed any chance of me participating in this thread, but I was able to shell out $5.09 for THIS:

2dkee84.jpg

I absolutely LOVED the original on the PS1, and I never got around to playing the sequel. I'm in for a treat! :D

JEKKI said:
Marky Marky Marky Marky Marky Marky Marky Marky Marky Marky Marky Marky Marky Marky.

dood markmang u suck!!

I went thru all the trouble making u a banner for the pickup thread, and u had to make the thread with one already!!

209kfoo.jpg

u see, I was inspired by the fact that today is the first of the month, and I coincidentally got my paycheck today as well.

so Im like wake up wake up wake up get up get up get up so cash your checks and com oooooon~~

then I threw sum tekken and halloween shyt in there coz I thought it would be appropriate

anyway Im still a bauss.

Respect

Desiato

20pwwvs.jpg

CD+DVD

I've heard some bad thing about the new Polysics album, but I just finished it now and it's soooo good. Even though it's very short. At least the DVD has over 6 hours of footage!

Top Bottom