• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

WEGGLES

LethaL ImpuLse said:
KHzDG.jpg

Thanks to Amazon :D

Xo5w2.jpg

Also saw Mono this weekend in Austin. Greatest fucking show of my entire life.
Poster of Mono?

:D <-GREEN WITH SO MUCH DAMN ENVY

LethaL ImpuLse said:
Xo5w2.jpg

Also saw Mono this weekend in Austin. Greatest fucking show of my entire life.

Wow. Nice poster. I was going to see them in Brighton earlier on in the year, but a couple of friends pulled out. It's a real shame since they make such beautiful music. Might be going to see Do Make Say Think soon though.

Also, am I the only one who see's the resemblance between Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven on the Mono t-shirt?

Maximus.

jif2h2.jpg

Got NHL for 30, Uncharted 2 for 7 dollars (redeemed points for it), Hulk was 15, and got Shift for free :D .

14b1hfr.jpg

Deadspace was 30, punchout was like 40, and i traded in a couple games for metroid.

AlfaTrion

New additions since my previous post:

Steam 4-Pack! Borderlands:

steamOct2.png

[shirt.woot.com] Spicy Italian Meatball

IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0044.jpg

I won this shirt from SEGA's "Free Stuff Friday" and it's freakin' huge!

IMG_0047.jpg

There's a long and uninteresting story about why I picked this up. So I wont type it out. :) Samsung 20" Widescreen LCD. Not really for gaming but it looks nice.

IMG_0051.jpg

IMG_0053.jpg

Finally, the entire G1 series:

IMG_0049.jpg

I think someone posted this last month or the one before so I will spare you the slew of pics. My last post in this thread caused some trouble :)

TofuEater

Picked up two 24" Acer X243HQ's on friday

29ffgd0.jpg

Crap Phone Pic I know

and windows 7 is stoooooooopid, doesnt allow horizontal span, so my videos/games dont play on both screens. Stooooooooooooopid.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
red shoe paul said:
Yuck, wouldn't know why you'd want them too. :b

Yeah, I'd only want to play games on multiple monitors if I had 3 (and they'd have to have extremely thin bezels). 2 is just...no.

Yes Boss! said:
Big-ass Lego set. The biggest ever made, piece-wise. Just under 6000 pieces. I'll post a pic once it is built in a few days:

[IM]http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg114/gregbuczek/P1020670.jpg[/IMG]

[IM]http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg114/gregbuczek/P1020671.jpg[/IMG]

That cost like $300 right?

I don't make enough money... I couldn't afford to spend 300 on legos

That's awesome! Please post a picture of it when it's done.

-PXG-

100_1769.jpg

100_1772.jpg

Glad to see the Yanks win Friday and last night.

echochrome
Machinarium
Yankees Inaugural Season hat (damn thing costs $42 in the stadium)
Yankees cup
Ticket from ALCS Game 1
LostWinds (will get Winter of Melodias upon beating this one)

GQman2121

Banned
Snow White, two placeholders, and Uncharted.

jp9d9v.jpg

The nice folks at TRU cut into the box of Motorstorm when they opened the larger box that the game shipped in. I didn't notice until I got home.
104l275.jpg

They used some masking tape on the back to hide their negligence.
24pgmzl.jpg

HBO Emmy screener set that I got from a friend who's dad is an Emmy voter. He had three big ass boxes full of screeners from every single network that had nominees. I picked this one.

125iaur.jpg

2qi2pe8.jpg

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
2zswgp4.png

Pretty much all the online gaming pick ups I'll do this month. Grabbed HL stuff from the Gordon Freeman promo.

n0b said:
I was there too, it was fucking amazing. I didn't pick anything up though. ):
That's awesome dude, cool to see another Texas Gaffer/Mono fan.

Scythian Empire said:
Wow. Nice poster. I was going to see them in Brighton earlier on in the year, but a couple of friends pulled out. It's a real shame since they make such beautiful music. Might be going to see Do Make Say Think soon though.

Funny enough I actually went alone this time :p I missed Mogwai and Yndi Halda before because some friends bailed out also, and I still regret not going to this day. :(

Gameboy415

I've had some money issues this month so unfortunately I haven't been able to pick up very much. But I sold off a stack of (US) games yesterday to get some extra spending money for my trip next weekend so I might have some cool pick-ups to share next week. I had to pass on some amazing finds this month, like Otomedius for XBOX 360 with the Otomedius Arcade Stick for only $150 (the stick ALONE sells for $300ish) and a Moon PS1 Guidebook for $10. :(

Anywho, here's what I DID get:

I got all of this stuff at a Flea Market here in Osaka for 540&#20870; total! The Flea Market was supposedly the biggest one of the year (with 600 booths), but it was like 1/10 the size of the Flea Market back home in Chicago! :lol
0910FleaMarket.jpg

Super Mario World Electric Pencil Sharpener - Awesome and only 400&#20870;! My girlfriend wouldn't stop teasing me for buying this. :lol
Moogle/Cloud Strife/Jigen/Ryuk Coca Cola figures - only 10&#20870; each!
THE &#12502;&#12525;&#12483;&#12463;&#12367;&#12378;&#12375; - Got all 3 PS1 games for 100&#20870; total! :D
Hermie Hopperhead
Chocobo Stallion

0910Misc1.jpg

Kirby & The Amazing Mirror Guidebook - Only 100&#20870; and has a cool "History of Kirby" feature in the back!
&#12468;&#12472;&#12521;VS&#12513;&#12459;&#12468;&#12472;&#12521; Manga - Love me some Godzilla manga! :D
Mario Kart Wii Guidebook - 300&#20870; but it usually sells for triple that
A.C.E. - Another Century's Episode for JP PS2 - 240&#20870;!! The disc is supposedly "extremely scratched" but it looks like new to me!
A.C.E. - Another Century's Episode 2 for JP PS2 - 490&#20870;!! The manual is a little wrinkled but otherwise it's perfect! :D

0910Misc2.jpg

Psycho Dream for Super Famicom - Cool 2D action game I'd been interested in for a while.
&#20253;&#35500;&#12398;&#12473;&#12479;&#12501;&#12451;&#12540;&#65306;&#12383;&#12356;&#12369;&#12388;&#65281;&#12480;&#12452;&#12540;&#12523;&#28023;&#36042;&#22243; Guidebook - only 150&#20870;. Usually goes for 800&#20870;! (this is for Starfy 5, AKA the game released in the US)
Wario: Master of Disguise Guidebook - Also 150&#20870;.
Oliver and Company JP DVD - Stupidly sold off my US DVD a few years ago thinking the JP DVD would be easy to find but it took almost 3 years to track down! :lol

Yes Boss! said:
This one is big...bigger than the Falcon or Deathstar. Mixed all the pieces and will be building it as a puzzle. Completed pics in a week (hopefully).

P1020674.jpg
o_O
You have to sort the pieces before you start, I always did that as a kid. Much easier to build then! :D

Yes Boss!

ResidentDante said:
o_O
You have to sort the pieces before you start, I always did that as a kid. Much easier to build then! :D

I was the opposite type of kid...empty everthing on the floor and go to town. You eventually learn some of the "hotspots" of the pile and the searching gets easier as the pieces dwindle. I worked all weekend but I'm starting this morning!

Bought my first portable PC, a little seashell :)

3469wmd.jpg

it's an ASUS Netbook, the Eee PC 1005HA-H

the (normal size) mouse is a Hama Bluetooth (Laser) Mouse, I just hate touchpads.

I like piano black more but that's just not made for devices you actually touch :lol

opened:
5mldky.jpg

Really like it so far (though I didn't use it in the lab yet), my main reasons were price, size/weight and battery life.
for the later, look at the bottom-right corner:
2jai9w7.jpg

(ahem, for the non-german-speaking gafers: it says about 9-10 hours left, obviously it's a bit less in reality because occasionally you do more stuff but you get the point)

edit: oh and I switched the 1GB RAM for 2GB Kingston DDR2 PC2-5300 CL5 ^^

micromagic said:
$110!!! Sounds like a lot, is that the usual price for games in Aus?

It is a lot, works out at just over $100 US. =] And yeah, pretty much the standard RRP for a PS3/360 game.

2i0fcxj.jpg

PSP Minis love!

20tnekm.jpg

PuzzleScape

rms1h4.jpg

BreakQuest

pinball3-1.jpg

Pinball Fantasies

Also got this shirt. <3

shirt1.jpg
shirt2.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Yes Boss!

Patrick Roy said:
Nice pic!

You are in for one helluva ride - enjoy!

Seconded. Game is so awesome. I'm on my second playthrough on Hard and it is even getting better! Can't wait till Crushing. Truly the first killer app for the Triple (still haven't tried my Demon's Souls yet).

Ovid

SolidusDave said:
Bought my first portable PC, a little seashell :)
edit: oh and I switched the 1GB RAM for 2GB Kingston DDR2 PC2-5300 CL5 ^^
How is it this netbook (in terms of speed) with the additional RAM? Can it play HD quality videos without a problem? What about YouTube? I'm really tempted to purchase this particular netbook next month.

Vlightray

GQman2121 said:
Snow White, two placeholders, and Uncharted.

The nice folks at TRU cut into the box of Motorstorm when they opened the larger box that the game shipped in. I didn't notice until I got home.
104l275.jpg

They used some masking tape on the back to hide their negligence.

Did you take it back? I would demand another.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Yes Boss! said:
Seconded. Game is so awesome. I'm on my second playthrough on Hard and it is even getting better! Can't wait till Crushing. Truly the first killer app for the Triple (still haven't tried my Demon's Souls yet).
I appreciate Demon's Souls more, but Uncharted 2 is indeed rad.

Crisis

Banned
I usually don't post in these threads but October has been kind of a big month for me.

5efvwl.jpg

I picked up an iPhone, Uncharted 2, and a new slim PS3 with the stand for it as well.

Rufus

I guess the stand didn't look like much compared to the rest of your purchases, but one day you will look at it and think "Why the fuck did I buy this?".

Solo said:
1 cent per guide or not, why so many?
Profit.

tarius1210 said:
How is it this netbook (in terms of speed) with the additional RAM? Can it play HD quality videos without a problem? What about YouTube? I'm really tempted to purchase this particular netbook next month.

mh will try some HD videos but I don't think the RAM has an impact on that, at least youtube 720p was still choppy for me.

non-HD youtube or e.g. 711x400p videofiles with the VLC player are fluid. You also don't notice any playback problems (e.g. going fullscreen or jump to specific parts) - even with 1GB.
720p would be a bit wasted anyway as the display resolution is 1024x600, so I don't really mind.

considering the CPU&GPU I don't think the RAM upgrade gives a moderate performance boost in most situations, it's just that it's pretty cheap (like 30€) so I bought it, too :lol

Top Bottom