• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

oct0902.jpg

Only $35 at Fry's!

user54_pic37_1255739281.jpg

user54_pic38_1255739281.jpg

Just preorder SUPER Street Fighter IV for the PS3 and 360 at GameStop. I was told by the employee that it had a March 24, 2010 release date.

Sorry for the crappy 2 MP camera shot

TheSailerman

Neo Member
photo-1.jpg

I'm currently studying abroad in London, so my pick-ups are few, but I'm using my location to my advantage to get some cool stuff!

1. November issue of the UK edition of Wired magazine (I subscribe to it back home, but the UK edition has mostly different articles.)
2. Two copies of Freshly Picked: Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland :D (1 for me, 1 for a friend's b-day gift), got them off Amazon.co.uk for ~£13 each (about $20), instead of the $50 or so I'd spend on a copy off ebay.

Any suggestions of other games I could pick up here in the UK that weren't made available in the US? (DS, Wii or PS3)

My most recent pickups.
5nps9.jpg

An upgrade over my current TX-SR805. If any Northeast Florida GAF'er is looking for a great receiver, I'm willing to let it go for a less than used ones are typically going for.
35bi4hk.jpg

25kh05y.jpg

10125_160033956645_685251645_3269900_2933035_n.jpg

I bought Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story on launch day at Best Buy (I didn't preorder it though) and I have a Reward Zone card. Anyway, Best Buy just sent me this, I was totally surprised. o_o

mr stroke

DSC03062.jpg

really impressed by the black levels on this TV. Nearly as good as my Pioneer plasma. Highly recommended for anyone looking for a gaming TV

Yes Boss! said:
Big-ass Lego set. The biggest ever made, piece-wise. Just under 6000 pieces. I'll post a pic once it is built in a few days:

P1020670.jpg

P1020671.jpg

Hang on, since when did Lego start making things I want to buy again? 0_o

bozeman

Pickups over the past couple of weeks. The cell is all I've got camera wise and the battery was low, these were the first pics I've taken with it (new phone), and I haven't figured out how to lose the flash:

pickups1.jpg

Took a road trip to Toys 'R Us today (yes, a road trip was required. The only Toys 'R Us in the state of Montana is in Billings, which is close to a 2 hour drive from Bozeman).

-Little Big Planet: Game of the Year Edition
-Metroid Prime Trilogy
-Tiger Woods 10 Wii (Motion+ not pictured)
-House of the Dead: Overkill
-Professor Layton and the Curious Village (last one there!)
-Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box

Not pictured: Uncharted 2, NHL 10, and Bayonetta (obviously) which I ordered from them online earlier this week and have not received. I also joined in with a friendly Toys 'R Us employee in talking a soccer mom purchasing stuff for the Wii she's buying the family for Christmas out of buying "fun looking" games like Deca Sports and the golf club/tennis racket attachments to the Wii Remote (we got Mario Kart and Mario Party 8 in her hands instead).

pickups2.jpg

Got home from my road trip and checked the mail and these were sitting in there. In a good/bad twist of irony, I first learned this past week that if you order used games from Gamestop's website, they guarantee original boxes and instruction books. They weren't kidding. Crackdown even still has the free 48 hour Xbox Live Gold trial code (which I'll be giving away shortly in that thread). Using EDGE card 10% off, CAG16 for an additional 16% off, SAVER for free shipping, and credit on the EDGE card, the 3 games cost me about $15.

Can't wait to read all about Epic Mickey the next time I poop (hey, its where most of my reading happens).

pickups3.jpg

Since even a Toys 'R Us that seems to be in incredible shape compared to some of the stores other posters are describing in that thread isn't enough of a reason to drive 4 hours round trip, I went to the local mall. Of course, its Parent/Teacher Conference days there, so the mall is teaming with jailbait. The "best" was seeing what had to be no older than 13-year-old girls in Spencer's going through all the slutty Halloween costumes they sell there. If their parent's aren't going to step in and stop them, then they might as well start putting age restrictions on them like CDs and games (for the safety of adult men...if they wanna be hooker chic in their own middle school, that's their business). Anyway, Penney's had a sale that started at 3pm. I wandered in at 3:10 and found some $10 tees that comfortably fit my fatass self. These are rare to spot in the wild, so I bought 4.

pickups4.jpg

Made a couple of pickups on a late night trip to Wal-Mart to pickup a bunch of my new obsession...10 calorie per serving bottles of Vitamin Water (they're like crack...I drink a half bottle in the morning and now my formally lazy self has the urge to break into a jog everywhere I go. Seriously, people who've known me for a while are kinda worried.) Anyway, Personal Trainer Cooking was on clearance for $10. Who knows how much I'll actually use it. Lord knows I'm not messing up my kitchen to make crab cakes like the 2 chicks in the video Nintendo put on the Nintendo Channel last year. I'll probably try it out for fun on those rare days off where I have nothing to do.

Wal-Mart is the exclusive seller of the new KISS album, 'Sonic Boom.' They are taking advantage of this by also selling KISS-branded M&M's and Mr. Potato Head's, which both come in 4 varieties of the 4 different KISS characters. Those aren't pictured because I'm not paying $6 for a little bag of M&M's, even if an image of Gene Simmons sticking his tongue out at me is printed on each M&M. The new CD isn't bad, nothing great. I'd be surprised if they play more than 2 songs from it when they continue to tour (I saw KISS in concert in Nashville on their Farewell Tour....back in May 2000). The package also includes a bonus disc of KISS Klassics, which I initially set aside as another KISS Greatest Hits disc, a million of which have been released over the past 10 or so years. However, on my road trip, I put it in and realized it was much more than "here's some songs you may remember from our glory years in the 70's!" They actually re-recorded the songs and punched them up a bit. They sound a lot better using modern recording techniques. However, it didn't improve all of them over the originals, with 'Rock 'n Roll All Night' in particular losing something over the original.

pickups5.jpg

Finally, a couple of pickups that I probably wouldn't own right now if it wasn't for GAF. Thanks to whoever started the thread letting us know about Amazon's sale of Excitebots with Wii Wheel for $20. I couldn't pass that up. Also, thanks to Aselith for sending along the $10 off coupon code on Amazon for Wii Sports Resort. Apparently, that code got kicked around a lot in the "free to a good home" thread, so I'm happy it got to me. Thanks to whoever originally gave it away, too.

Yes Boss!

Ken Masters said:
haha, nice pick up

good luck building that

Reviews say twenty hours and at least two days minimum. Basically The amount of time I've spent on Uncharted 2 in two days! Completely doable. I'm not sorting the pieces first...just going to empty them on my floor old-school-style and build to go. I've not bought a Lego set in at least two years so I'm super hot!

Oh yeah, none of the Lego singular nonsense. They are, and always will be, Legos!

Gloomfire said:
Wow, how much did that beast cost?

$300. Worth it for the build experience.

Yes Boss!

Nice free pick-up! Was walking home from work (my 4 miles for fun) and was drinking a ghetto four loco and feeling pretty good when I stumbled upon this sealed Corona bottle that was sitting on the sidewalk outside of an apartment. Must have been forgotten from an earlier party. Took it home and chilled it up. Gave it a good home!

P1020672.jpg

karasu

Yes Boss! said:
Nice free pick-up! Was walking home from work (my 4 miles for fun) and was drinking a ghetto four loco and feeling pretty good when I stumbled upon this sealed Corona bottle that was sitting on the sidewalk outside of an apartment. Must have been forgotten from an earlier party. Took it home and chilled it up. Gave it a good home!

P1020672.jpg

someone could have peed on it.

Yes Boss!

karasu said:
someone could have peed on it.

I live in a ritzy area of southern Orange County. More likely some douche just left it by the side of his car (a BMW, in an apartment complex, LOL). Sealed btw.

Tigel said:
I can't wait to receive my copy! I have listened to the download version like 20 times now, it's so good.

By the way, Christopher Tin said he included a "special something" from the recording in Abbey Road Studio. What was he talking about?
Late reply (D:), but it was a sheet of lyrics for part of Hymn Do Trojcy Swietej.

shas'la

Yes Boss! said:

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg114/gregbuczek/P1020672.jpg[/MG][/QUOTE]

Street beer.. the sweetest nectar.

TheSailerman said:
Any suggestions of other games I could pick up here in the UK that weren't made available in the US? (DS, Wii or PS3)
Not much comes to mind now so I'll just say the obvious ones:
Wii - Disaster:Day of Crisis, Another Code: R (this one is a must if you liked Trace Memory or Hotel Dusk on the DS)
and this last one is available in the US but...
DS- Mr. Driller Drill Spirits. Compared to the US version it has an extra mode (and some other additions) and better wireless multi-player making it the best version. A used copy should be as a cheap as chips these days.

Yes Boss!

This one is big...bigger than the Falcon or Deathstar. Mixed all the pieces and will be building it as a puzzle. Completed pics in a week (hopefully).

P1020674.jpg

sestrugen

Yes Boss! said:
This one is big...bigger than the Falcon or Deathstar. Mixed all the pieces and will be building it as a puzzle. Completed pics in a week (hopefully).

P1020674.jpg

wow I feel so excited for you, the thrill of completing a complex piece is amazing!

Leonsito

Yes Boss! said:

P1020674.jpg

Did you buy it online in the LEGO shop? It's 349€ there, 200€ less than the falcon and has more pieces, amazing.

Nightz

Yes Boss! said:

P1020674.jpg
Wow, you're insane man! That looks like a fun project. :D

nny

Yes Boss! said:

HUGE pile of Legos[IMG][/QUOTE]

Wow...I'd love to put that together...I miss my Legos...:/

So...want some help? )

Top Bottom