• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Yes Boss!

Black Wii for the fifteen-odd VC games I want from the region. Plus, got sick of Homebrew so now I can just play Sin and Punishment 2 and Endless Ocean 2 in this sexy machine:

P1020718.jpg

Classic Controller Pro:

P1020719.jpg

And the Asian release of the TE. Very nice to finally get one of MarkMan's sticks that is not Street Fighter or Capcom related! This one is fun, with the white and all the colorful buttons. Very tastefully designed:

P1020716.jpg

Big_T said:
My launch Xbox 360 died
got new one
Sucks that purchasing a replacement for your 360 seems to be standard fare these days. At least it costs the same as a Wii if you have your HDD intact!

Anyway, technically picked up Borderlands (PC) and Ratchet, except I just payed them off.

Gotta wait til Tuesday for them to get into my hands :(

Yes Boss!

Brand new Game Boy Color came in. Got it off the buy/sell/trade thread. The only Zelda games I've never played are the three Game Boy titles...fixing that.

P1020721.jpg

Yes Boss! said:
Brand new Game Boy Color came in. Got it off the buy/sell/trade thread. The only Zelda games I've never played are the three Game Boy titles...fixing that.

P1020721.jpg
Oracle of seasons is a hell of a game.

8921_317630905453_632885453_9466560.jpg

Tigel

IMG_0144.jpg

Uncharted 2 - GOTG
Calling all Dawns - autographed by Christopher Tin
Tickets for 2 shows in Montreal: Star Wars in Concert & Jon Lajoie
Some National Geographics: Space and Guide to Digital Photography

10125_165200991645_685251645_3311161_1459424_n.jpg

Taken with DSi. My friend said it was super gay, and I said it was super mario. Ha :D

I was hoping to wear it to gaming events but it's way too small for my big head.

Yes Boss I am jealous, I would love to have a Black Wii to play my import Wii games. But I only have 3 Japanese games and only import if I don't think the game is coming out in the US.

MidnightScott said:
10125_165200991645_685251645_3311161_1459424_n.jpg

Taken with DSi. My friend said it was super gay, and I said it was super mario. Ha :D

I was hoping to wear it to gaming events but it's way too small for my big head.

Yes Boss I am jealous, I would love to have a Black Wii to play my import Wii games. But I only have 3 Japanese games and only import if I don't think the game is coming out in the US.
I support that second sentence

Square Triangle said:
Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice!
2khmro.jpg

The blue DS3s are crazy hot. I see the blue and red DS3s all the time at GameStop, but the only one that has really caught my eye is the blue.

Also, wow, Beetlejuice. Great movie that I haven't seen in years, though admittedly I hold more of a special remembrance for the cartoon series than I do the film.

ymmv

Banned
Wikipedia: "Negro is a term referring to people of Black ancestry. Prior to the shift in the lexicon of American and worldwide classification of race and ethnicity in the late 1960s, the appellation was accepted as a normal, completely neutral, formal term both by those of Black African descent as well as those of non-African black descent. During the American Civil Rights movement of the 1950s and 1960s, some African American leaders objected to the term, preferring the term Black.[1] During the 1960s Negro came to be considered an ethnic slur.[2] The term is now considered archaic and is not commonly used as a racist slur. The term is still used in some contexts for historical reasons such as in the name of the United Negro College Fund.[3][4] or the Negro league in sports. "Negro" means "black" in Spanish, Portuguese, and ancient Italian[5]; all of these derive from the Latin niger (i.e., "black")."

Interesting to see how a neutral term like negro became a slur in just a decade and is now considered just as racist as nigger. Political correctness walking hand in hand with ignorance.

Together with Forza 3 i bought some retro stuff :

Bangai Oh For the DC

DSCF1974.jpg

Trizeal LE with CD and Bandana :

DSCF1964.jpg

Klonoa Pal PS1 :

DSCF1979.jpg

Calstlevania SOTN Jap because the Pal LE i bought sucks :

DSCF2000.jpg

And two nice Arcade machines :

DSCF2003.jpg

:D

Yes Boss!

Went VC shopping.

Spriggan 1:

screenshot_04-1.jpg

My absolute favorite version of Ghouls 'N Ghosts:

screenshot_13-2.jpg

Super Darius:

screenshot_12-1.jpg

Sequel:

screenshot_02-4.jpg

Marvel Land:

screenshot_03-1.jpg

Rondo of Blood:

screenshot_05-1.jpg

Aleste MSX:

screenshot_06-1.jpg

Phelios:

screenshot_07.jpg

Image Fight II:

screenshot_08-2.jpg

Baraduke II:

screenshot_10-1.jpg

Mr. Heli for Irem awesomeness:

screenshot_11.jpg

Toy Soldier said:
The blue DS3s are crazy hot. I see the blue and red DS3s all the time at GameStop, but the only one that has really caught my eye is the blue.

Also, wow, Beetlejuice. Great movie that I haven't seen in years, though admittedly I hold more of a special remembrance for the cartoon series than I do the film.

Yeah I can't get into the red or silver versions at all- they look cheap to me. Also not shown in the pic are the "Real Triggers" for the R2/L2 buttons- MUST HAVE PPL.

And yea lol, the Beetlejuice cartoon is a classic but Michael Keaton talking about his balls never gets old in this :lol

Lots of different stuff this month :D
(All images are clickable for a larger size)

Flashpoint and Halo 3 for the coop campaigns with a friend over xblive. Silent Hill for the scares (I've played every other Silent Hill and I am enjoying this one a lot) and FIFA Street 3 for just som fun in small doses.

Watched Ghost in the Shell 1 & 2 early in the month, got hooked and orded the tv series, season 1 & 2 of Stand Alone Complex and the third film which works as a season 3 I heard. Looking forward to watching :)

The Stand ALone Complex out of their boxes, nice cover art on each case :)

Bought a M9 Heavyweight softgun from ASG, it's been very good. The weight is just about the real M9 Beretta weight and the gas blowback really kicks nicely :D

My M9 softgun next to the Gears of War requel novel, which is (a third way through) a good read for Gears fans like myself :D

Manp

some are from last month and probably i've already posted them but can't remember:

some blue-ray movies:

1q4scm.jpg

w9w4k6.jpg

25kojkn.jpg

games:
23w1cb8.jpg

2luf85x.jpg

argh :mad:
30wnk9h.jpg

for some pc gaming:
29y2lnr.jpg

new pc parts:
- case (CM690 pure black windows edition)
- psu (Corsair HX750)
- heat sink (Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme Black)
- fans
yl74j.jpg

really happy with how it looks

:)

Top Bottom