• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

AdamMPSP said:
So, I really want to post my pickups here, guys, but as a junior member, I really really don't want to get banned. I uploaded all of my "REAL PICS" to photobucket, I'm using their html to drop in the images, but when I hit preview on the post, it's just showing code. I'm super afraid to hit "submit reply." I've read the FAQs, but just want to make sure I'm okay, before I dump a bunch of code into the thread and get banned.

Do I have to become a real member before I can post pics?

Thanks guys. And nice pick ups this month, thus far.

You're starting off on the right foot Jr. :p

This reminds me, I need to post my PS3 slim and UC2 purchases.

AdamMPSP

Hey guys, this is my favorite thread on GAF, and I've never posted, but it's been a big month, so I thought I'd contribute.

PS3.jpg

Finally picked up a PS3. Got the 80gb phat with extra controller from Sony Style for $250.

LittleBigPlanet.jpg

Got me some Little Big Planet: GOTY. Played through the Story mode with the girlfriend and had a blast. The game gets HARD, but remains awesome. The co-op has me excited for some New Super Mario Bros Wii next month.

LBP_theme.jpg

Picked up the LBP dynamic theme, because with that blue wave stuff happening, it looked like my dad's PS3, son.

pixeljunkeden.jpg

PixelJunk Eden. I heart everything about this game. I wanted it around to play for ten minutes here and there when I don't have time for something bigger.

FF7.jpg

I never had an original Playstation, so in 1998, I was an excited high schooler who had his dad drive him to the closest Software Etc to pick up Final Fantasy 7 for PC on day one. My computer at the time barely met the minimum requirements, so I was a pretty disappointed kid. I've gone back to it before, but never made it past that circus/fair with the chocobo racing. Excited to maybe finish it this time.

mariotoadettemexican.jpg

My girlfriend got the Fire Mario candy dispenser from a Korean grocery near are last apartment, and Fire Mario is totally the best kind of Mario. I got the Toadette figure shipped from Hong Kong for her b-day last week. We got the awesome Mexican-hat-bowl from Goodwill, originally from some sort of Mexican restaurant it would seem, but now we keep our laundry change in there.

tv_area.jpg

We moved into a new apartment this month (Koreatown to West Hollywood), and made an expensive trip to IKEA, so all the furniture you see in this pic is new.

bed.jpg

And this bed. Been sleeping on a fold out futon for the past 3 months, so it's nice to be in a real bed again.

desk.jpg

New desk and chair for my very lame home office. This is actually the second time I've bought an IKEA "Moses" chair. If you only have $39.99 to spend, I recommend it. NOTE: I did not get the 2009 30 Rock calendar this month, because it'd be stupid to buy a calendar in October for the current year, and I'm not that stupid.

bathroom.jpg

This is a bathroom. It's mine now. Well, for the next year of this lease. IN YOUR FACE, HOMELESS GAF'ERS!

toppotcoffee.jpg

I moved to LA from Seattle 4 months ago, and I miss it dearly. Bought a coffee maker, grinder, and had a buddy of mine send me some beans from my favorite shop.

things.jpg

Things, for the iPhone. It's a fancy to-do list, it's $9.99, it syncs with the desktop version over wifi, and it's supposed to make it so I get more stuff done. But, well, right now, I should be working, but I'm posting on GAF, so yeah.

See you next month. And thanks for the help to get my images right, Yes Boss!

Ovid

AdamMPSP said:
Hey guys, this is my favorite thread on GAF, and I've never posted, but it's been a big month, so I thought I'd contribute.

PS3.jpg

Finally picked up a PS3. Got the 80gb phat with extra controller from Sony Style for $250.
I would suggest that you move your PS3 from that shelf and give it some air to vent.

corpserot

AdamMPSP said:
things.jpg

Things, for the iPhone. It's a fancy to-do list, it's $9.99, it syncs with the desktop version over wifi, and it's supposed to make it so I get more stuff done. But, well, right now, I should be working, but I'm posting on GAF, so yeah.
Wow, thats an awesome app. Getting it now.

AdamMPSP

tarius1210 said:
That spot is too enclosed. It will cause the unit to overheat quickly.

How do you guys know I didn't mess up and spend all of my matches/lighter money on a PS3, and now I'm trying to start a fire? YOU DON'T.

AdamMPSP

Well, it's IKEA furniture, so I might just go ahead and adjust it down a couple notches, give it a little more room, just in case. Thanks, guys.

Yes Boss!

No need to move the PS3 Adam...plenty of space for it to breath like that.

Today's pickup is a couple of small inexpensive kadhai pans for my kitchen:

P1020698.jpg

Intentor

Neo Member
Some new additions to my collection:

dsc01028so.jpg

Blue Dragon, Halo Wars Limited Edition (simply amazing!), Halo: ODST and Stuntman: Ignition (even being somewhat repetitve, it's very nice).

Yes Boss! said:
No need to move the PS3 Adam...plenty of space for it to breath like that.

Today's pickup is a couple of small inexpensive kadhai pans for my kitchen:

P1020698.jpg

Nice shade of green on the Le Creuset you got hiding there!

we have the white collection Le Creuset and love using it for bake ziti (Cheese loves being cooked in the finest french cookware! LOL j/k)

But really nice cooking setup you have there...

Yes Boss!

Litflynt912 said:
Nice shade of green on the Le Creuset you got hiding there!

Yeah, it is called Kiwi. It is a nice throwback color and I think they still produce it. Very pretty and its color has evolved and deepened over the last few years as it has seen heat. Recently I've just been using it as my stock pot for blanching vegetables so it lives on my range.

My other Le Creuset stuff is classic Flame colored. My favorite piece is the mini lasagna pan...perfect for small roasting.

[/QUOTE]My other Le Creuset stuff is classic Flame colored. My favorite piece is the mini lasagna pan...perfect for small roasting.[/QUOTE]

yes we were going to get the spice but our color scheme in the kitchen called for white instead!

JEKKI

from our friends over at Triumvir!

dhbapy.jpg

keepin them on the run with a me shotgun,

I swang with a clip tite clang~

keepin them on the run with a me shotgun--

swaaaang with a clip tite clang~!

owww~~!

Got some new digs. Rebel 8 is by far the best joint ever. Lifer represent!
Too lazy to take pics of Uncharted 2, Brutal Legend, and my new CDs though.

2qbugt4.jpg

AdamMPSP said:
toppotcoffee.jpg

I moved to LA from Seattle 4 months ago, and I miss it dearly. Bought a coffee maker, grinder, and had a buddy of mine send me some beans from my favorite shop.
I'm sitting here at work with my coffee reading this thread thinking: "I bet his coffee tastes a hell of a lot better than this machine oil I'm drinking" :lol

karasu

IMG00013-20091023-0319.jpg

I bought a Blackberry Curve 8520 yesterday. But I'm not digging it so I'll probably take it back tomorrow. The web looks all jaggy and jank, and videos are the same. I need more from a screen than this guy can give.

IMG00016-20091023-0321.jpg

Magypsy23

Banned
Gameboy415 said:
Nice! How'd you get it?
Did you win one for registering your WSR on Club Nintendo or did you buy it used somewhere??

Got it from an auction, but it's doubled in price now. There's one guy selling it for 20kJPY.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
4037042702_e32bfdfa4c.jpg

4036292785_b177737b9a.jpg

AND!

The best surprise after coming home from a long day in LA (2 hours away from me)... (I got home at 3AM) -_-

Thank you Oichi for such a thoughtful set of gifts! :D

4037044522_d565f8e6e2.jpg

4036293999_d80259885d.jpg

Nisa65

Picked up my first imports in about a year, including the now obligatory annual Beatmania IIDX limited edition box set.

DSC01881.jpg

IIDXELE2.jpg

IIDXELE1.jpg

Don't have a picture, but I'm running Windows 7 which I got for $30 :D. Sometimes it helps to be a student.

Turns out this old laptop GPU ain't equipped to handle Windows Aero so thats a huge bummer. I'm looking to get a new laptop soon anyway, but in the mean time what exactly am I missing??

sikkinixx

TheLegendary said:
Don't have a picture, but I'm running Windows 7 which I got for $30 :D. Sometimes it helps to be a student.

Turns out this old laptop GPU ain't equipped to handle Windows Aero so thats a huge bummer. I'm looking to get a new laptop soon anyway, but in the mean time what exactly am I missing??

I'm really gunshy about using my student discount to buy Windows 7 online. I did that for Office, and since I had to reinstall a bunch of times now it won't let me install since I have "already used my allotment" of installs... $60 down the fucking drain... *hugs openoffice*

sikkinixx said:
I'm really gunshy about using my student discount to buy Windows 7 online. I did that for Office, and since I had to reinstall a bunch of times now it won't let me install since I have "already used my allotment" of installs... $60 down the fucking drain... *hugs openoffice*

Microsoft is generally pretty good about issues like that if you can manage to contact them. As long as it's a "Genuine Microsoft Product" they'll give you a new key usually with no problem.

And Windows 7 decided to let me access some of Aero's features after I did a System Performance test in Windows 7 itself :D . Adds tab "previews" and transparencies and stuff which is pretty cool. No significant performance hit but I'm sure I can adjust if it's a problem.

Leonsito

AdamMPSP said:
mariotoadettemexican.jpg

My girlfriend got the Fire Mario candy dispenser from a Korean grocery near are last apartment, and Fire Mario is totally the best kind of Mario. I got the Toadette figure shipped from Hong Kong for her b-day last week. We got the awesome Mexican-hat-bowl from Goodwill, originally from some sort of Mexican restaurant it would seem, but now we keep our laundry change in there.

Where did you buy the Toadette figure?

r2t6h5.jpg
2prwkro.jpg

30a6ptz.jpg

Was £5.93, is now mine.
2-for-1 trade-in deals. Paying £12 for a new game seemed like a good idea. Got another AitD incoming.
Got lucky, got it before the weekend and before the Royal Mail could start doing nothing.

Borderlands is still MIA though. :\

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.

Yes Boss!

Cindres said:
Just how big is that? Can you put it next to like a can of coke or some everyday thing?

It is the biggest set ever released by Lego, piece-wise. But there are a few sets that are bigger in size and weight (and cost). The Taj is comprised of tons and tons of small pieces (the glass windows alone are about 450 pieces, for example). Here it is with a dual-shock:

P1020711.jpg

Intentor

Neo Member
Yes Boss! said:
Big-ass Taj Mahal built! Took about 24 hours over three days. Here are the pics:

P1020703.jpg

OH MY GOD! AMAZING!

Damn! I want one of these! It's sad that here in Brazil these things simply "don't exist"... :-(

Intentor

Neo Member
dustytruly said:
awe i feel bad because your avatar is a lego man :(

Yep... it's very very sad...

Usually I import my LEGOs or just buy the few models that came here on my country...

BTW, the avatar is a picture of one of my LEGOs! =D

Top Bottom