• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER Pick-Up Post! (Show us your gaming goods!)

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
VegaShinra said:
Those are manga :lol

But that set-up for DeathNote is pretty sick. Where you find all the figures and the little finger puppets?

I got the Real Action guys in a store in Japan (Animate or something in Akihabara), the Misa one I just ordered online because it got delayed a few weeks. The little set up came with the Death Box that came out in Japan a year or 2 ago and the little finger guys came with the LE Death Note vol 13 in Japan.

nny

Wired said:
stuffoctober1.jpg

Yotsuba <3 <3 and my volume 5 is on the way....:D

Dragoon_lantz said:
Toys R Us didn't have what I wanted so rather than do an exchange thing I went for instant gratification.

octpikups.jpg
I would like to high five you for buying Gunbuster, but at the same time I would also like to slap you for supporting Bandai Visual.

ninj4junpei said:
I would like to high five you for buying Gunbuster, but at the same time I would also like to slap you for supporting Bandai Visual.

what's wrong with bandai? Atleast they're not closing up shop and leaving us to rot like Geneon is.

larvi

Didn't think I would get into the current gen consoles this soon but the wife and kids got this for our anniversary. My daughters did a good sales job on my wife convincing her to pick this up since they've been wanting a 360 for Halo3 for sometime now. I'm proud of my wife that she actually shopped around a bit until she found the new bundle edition, several places tried to foist on her the older premium with no games for the same price.

DSCN7255e.JPG

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
No pictures til' later... Go a signed DDR Hottest Party (Wii) game insert by U1-Asami and a signed Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles (PSP) game insert by Koji Igarashi...

Will post more after my return trek to E 4 All...

Got some nice Wii/Nintendo schwag too X_X

JaCy

So far I got all these at the Buy2Get1Free at TRU:

Loco Roco
Lumines II
Me & My Katamari
Gurumin
Children of Mana
Legend of Zelda:phantom Hourglass

I also got PoPoLoCrois and the first Onimusha on eBay.

Pick Ups from E for All, mostly stuff from Konami:

1650876260_ee33009e27_o.jpg

DDR Hottest Party Shirt.

1650876512_0fb61f2658_o.jpg

DDR Pad Blanket.

1650011427_a35241a1fd_o.jpg

DDR Wristbands.

1650876852_d2e6997583_o.jpg

DDR Hottest Party and SuperNOVA2 Music Sampler CDs.

1650877582_1eb79b07d7_o.jpg

Signed DDR Hottest Party Insert by U1-ASAMi(2MB).

1650011177_a3b0240e8a_o.jpg

Signed Dracula X Chronicles Insert by Koji Igarashi.

1650877760_b16e65f625_o.jpg

Wii Remote Keychains from Nintendo.

1650010027_e37abf3e14_o.jpg

They light up by pressing the 1 button. :)

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I got a signed PSP insert from Akira Yamaoka, composer of the Silent Hill series...

It's for the upcoming Silent Hill Origins (PSP)...

I'm not really that big of a fan of Silent Hill... So if any gaffer wants it and will pay shipping, please let me know...

Please PM and give me a brief report of why I'm so cool... etc etc... j/k

larvi

MaX_PL said:
oh wow i didnt know theyre selling the new premium bundle already. nice of your wife btw.

After doing a bit of research it looks like Gamestop created their bundles by opening the box, putting the pack-in game in and slapping the bunde sticker on an older box and sealing it back up. The manufacture date on my console was 7/30 so I didn't get one of the newer falcon models, a bit miffed about that. I also just discovered that in order for my kids and I to play online in Halo3 we each need to have our own xbox live subscription which I don't see happening anytime soon. I somehow expected the subscription to be tied to the console not a per person charge, not all that family friendly imo. I sure hope my ISP doesn't start charging per person or I will be broke in a hurry :lol

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Probably the only things I'm picking up this month. FFTA2 just isn't on the list as of now.

OctoberPickup.jpg

zedge

BB knocked off 50 bucks for the box being damaged. :D Its not an open item.

I could not resist.

BTW the rep said since the price drop the ps3s have been flying off the shelves.

ps3.jpg

LJ11

DCharlie said:
it`s AirAssault - the Japanese name for Warhawk.

I thought the cover looked like Warhawk, but the name threw me off. Did a Google search but nothing came up. Thanks.

Lo-Volt

1662341131_2d50699975_b.jpg

1662339131_3c84ab28be_b.jpg

Actually from last month (except for Oblivion), but I didn't participate in that thread. Not pictured: Everyday Shooter.

Also not pictured is the camera used to take these photos. A Canon PowerShot A570IS that was sold at a discount price, thank God.

cjdunn

oct2.jpg

The hard drive is the original 60GB from my PS3, which now has a Western Digital 160GB (149GB capacity -- I hate the advertised vs. real size).
Everyday Shooter (PSN)
Cables and dock for my iPod touch.
Sadly, Daffy will sit shrink wrapped in the Box'o'Shame for a bit.

And now, I must confess: I bought a second 60GB PS3.
Don't know if I'll put it in storage in case number 1 dies or try to profit from Sony's stupid BC decision.

adg1034

Games1.jpg

Games2.jpg

Not all of this is from October (namely the HD-DVD items), but this was the first time I could upload pictures in anything but cell phone quality.

I made out like a bandit at the Toys 'R Us B2G1 sale, I bought a couple things from fellow NeoGAFfers, and I used a Buy 1 Get 1 50% off coupon at EB. Nice month.

Not pictured is The Meaning Of 8, the new album from Cloud Cult. Amazing.

Rlan

Well after I found that Amiga Monkey Island with the missing disk, I found these!

monkey-1.jpg

And this!

amiga-2.jpg

+ Monitor + 3 things filled with disks.

I do wish I could connect an Amiga to a TV better than just AV cables. If I could hook up the old RGB connection easily it'd be awesome. Plus the two Amiga collections I've grouped up never had any REALLY awesome games that I want to play, like all the weird ass platformers :(

marwan

Banned
nny said:
..so shiny.

DSC02387.jpg

OMG BAKU BAKU!!!!! I LOVE THAT GAME!

Rlan said:
Well after I found that Amiga Monkey Island with the missing disk, I found these!

monkey-1.jpg

And this!

amiga-2.jpg

I do wish I could connect an Amiga to a TV better than just AV cables. If I could hook up the old RGB connection easily it'd be awesome. Plus the two Amiga collections I've grouped up never had any REALLY awesome games that I want to play, like all the weird ass platformers :(

i'm glad to see someone appreciate Amiga on this board....i don't think it was a hit in the U.S. it was mainly popular in europe and the middle east. MI1 & 2 are the best!

Flock

Rlan said:

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff101/Rlan3/monkey-1.jpg
And this!

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff101/Rlan3/amiga-2.jpg

This reminds me now the warmer months are coming here in australia, i gotta go hit up some flea markets on sunday mornings! That where you going Rlan?

Last year i had some amazing finds, like super famicom games. In Melbourne, lol.

Rlan

Flock said:
This reminds me now the warmer months are coming here in australia, i gotta go hit up some flea markets on sunday mornings! That where you going Rlan?

Last year i had some amazing finds, like super famicom games. In Melbourne, lol.

The Monkey Island I bought at the Car Boot Sale this week. All I did was look at 'em and the guy said "You can have them both for 50 cents!" No bargaining required :lol

The Amiga I bought from the paper! It was in the Friday advertiser for $80, I bought it for $65, since I've sold others for $150. Comes with a Monitor and a.. printer? I think the printer is throwaway though, but this one came with a second disk drive, which means I could actually LOAD Ninja Turtles now since it requires you to swap several times before a level :)

The Commodore 64 I picked up at the Car Boot Sale last week, the Apple IIc I picked up from a Garage sale.

I've been very lucky since my current job [Checkout Chump] have got me working from 5am-10am on Saturdays and Sundays, so what I find is purely stuff other collectors haven't bothered with. Still, a good haul!

The main problem is getting rid of it now, this shit takes up far too much rooom :lol

Top Bottom