• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER Pick-Up Post! (Show us your gaming goods!)

marwan

Banned
am i the only person that has played Ninja Five-O on this board?

purchase.jpg

hobart

Went a little crazy this weekend:

28215ea.jpg

I love picking up systems late... gives me so many games to choose from. I've got plenty more to pick up by Christmastime as well.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
X_X Nice pickup as usual!

I was waiting for you to grace us with your posting....

Hows the PQ on it? For SD/HD TV and of course how is it for gaming :)

I hope it has a good refresh rate...

hobart

how do you like panasonic? i just picked up a 720p 32 inch viera that i haven't opened (for my porch) and i'm curious what you think of the brand as a whole. i'm pretty much a samsung guy (i've got two running)... so... ya... thoughts?

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
Apple Jax said:
Went a little crazy this weekend:

I love picking up systems late... gives me so many games to choose from. I've got plenty more to pick up by Christmastime as well.

Don't buy used! I mean... unless those two games aren't commercially available anymore.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Apple Jax said:
how do you like panasonic? i just picked up a 720p 32 inch viera that i haven't opened (for my porch) and i'm curious what you think of the brand as a whole. i'm pretty much a samsung guy (i've got two running)... so... ya... thoughts?

I always loved Panasonic for every type of electronics. Sony for certain tvs and have recently opened my eyes to the world of Pioneer, something I've actually ignored for some time mainly because Panasonic does everything so well. I won't touch any other brand.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
MarkMan said:
X_X Nice pickup as usual!

I was waiting for you to grace us with your posting....

Hows the PQ on it? For SD/HD TV and of course how is it for gaming :)

I hope it has a good refresh rate...

Still messing around with it after having some slaves err friends, put it together. The design is really nice, PQ is better than I expected for factory settings. Now I have to do research to find the best setting/s.

hobart

Kodiak said:
Don't buy used! I mean... unless those two games aren't commercially available anymore.

Couldn't find Advance Wars DS anywhere (nothing new at least)... and I *needed* Pheonix Wright like... right away.

Besides... I've, personally, never had any problems buying used cartridge games (or DVDs for that matter). So.. until I do... I'll continue ;)

VegaShinra said:
How you score all that extra stuff for Soul Nomad? Thats some kickass stuff.
Bought the Ultimate Collection Set from Rosenqueen. They still have the Devourer's Set (game, guide, ost and a poster).

Linkhero1

It didn't come in yet so I can't take a picture of it but I bought:

Xbox 360 Bundle(HDMI)
-Bioshock
-Orange Box
-Forza 2
-Marvel Ultimate Alliance
-Two Worlds

$450 w/Tax, Shipping and Handling

I'll take pics when it arrives later this week.

Danielsan

Sorry for the stock image but I don't have a camera at hand nor do I feel the desire to unhook my cables to take a picture.

Got these in the mail today:

XCMMultibig.jpg

Had some problems with it at first.
I bought the cable mainly for my PS2. As you might know, PS2 games don't look so hot on running through composite on a 720p HDtv so I decided it was time to finally get some component cables.

After having everything plugged in correctly and switching on the PS2 I didn't get any image on my TV. Needless to say I was shocked and I kinda felt ripped off :lol
However after fiddling around with the cable for way too long I suddenly got the crazy idea to hook my scart cable back up again and check my PS2's option menu. Turns out that I had to change the setting on the PS2 from R/G/B to Component... heck I had even forgotten that the PS2 had an option menu :lol
After that It was all smooth sailing.

I'm really impressed by how big the improvement is. The difference between my PS2 games running through Composite and Component seems like Night and Day. I tried out a couple of games and was very pleased. Some of them look flatout gorgeous running through component.
Some of the games that I tested:
- Shadow of the Colossus
SotC looks nothing short of amazing running in 16:9 + progressive scan. I immediately got hooked again and beat a couple of Colossi on hard.
-Okami
This game looks more beautiful than ever running though component. The colours are amazingly vibrant. This is one of those games, just like The Wind Waker, that will stand the test of time. It kind of sucks that the game doesn't support widescreen but for some reason the stretching wasn't bothersome at all.

Very pleased with this purchase

Danielsan said:
Sorry for the stock image but I don't have a camera at hand nor do I feel the desire to unhook my cables to take a picture.

XCMMultibig.jpg

I bought the cable mainly for my PS2. As you might know, PS2 games don't look so hot on running through composite on a 720p HDtv so I decided it was time to finally get some component cables.

After having everything plugged in correctly and switching on the PS2 I didn't get any image on my TV. Needless to say I was shocked and I kinda felt ripped off :lol
However after fiddling around with the cable for way too long I suddenly got the crazy idea to hook my scart cable back up again and check my PS2's option menu. Turns out that I had to change the setting on the PS2 from R/G/B to Component... heck I had even forgotten that the PS2 had an option menu :lol

I'm really impressed by how big the improvement is. The difference between my PS2 games running through Composite and Component seems like Night and Day. I tried out a couple of games and was very pleased. Some of them look flatout gorgeous running through component.
- Shadow of the Colossus
SotC looks nothing short of amazing running in 16:9 + progressive scan. I immediately got hooked again and beat a couple of Colossi on hard.
-Okami
This game looks more beautiful than ever running though component. The colours are amazingly vibrant. This is one of those games, just like The Wind Waker, that will stand the test of time. It kind of sucks that the game doesn't support widescreen but for some reason the stretching wasn't bothersome at all.

How much was that cable? I bought the Sony branded component cable for $19.99 USD. (not sure about your location.) Pretty cheap for a Sony branded product.

Danielsan

Iron_Scimitar said:
How much was that cable? I bought the Sony branded component cable for $19.99 USD. (not sure about your location.) Pretty cheap for a Sony branded product.
Bought it for €25 though I'm sure you can get it cheaper, especially if you are a US resident.
Still not too bad concidering it's also a 360 + Wii component cable.

Danielsan said:

XCMMultibig.jpg

- Shadow of the Colossus
-Okami

This product was made for me. What's it called?

h3ro

Iron_Scimitar said:
412U%2Brsu09L._SS500_.jpg

PSP displayed on my 57''.

Can you control the game when playing on your TV with the Sixaxis? Or is the cord long enough to control everything with the PSP far away from the television?

hobart

Danielsan said:

XCMMultibig.jpg

- Shadow of the Colossus
-Okami

Is there any noticable drop in quality using these cables? I'm always finding myself desperately running low on inputs on various TVs in my home...

Basically... what do these look like with 360 and PS3 running in 720/1080p? If you don't know....... anyone? :)

Danielsan

blame space said:
This product was made for me. What's it called?
XCM Multi-Console Component Cable.

Apple Jax said:
Is there any noticable drop in quality using these cables? I'm always finding myself desperately running low on inputs on various TVs in my home...

Basically... what do these look like with 360 and PS3 running in 720/1080p? If you don't know....... anyone? :)
I tested it on the 360 and I'm not really noticing any difference in quality between this and the official component cables. Don't know about the PS3.

hobart

Where did you find it? Went on their website and they don't offer this product from their warehouse........ unless I missed it?

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Real lazy to post pictures, but like a lot of ppl, I picked up Wartech: Senko no Ronde and some component cables for another Xbox I have lying around the house...

Danielsan said:
XCMMultibig.jpg

"XCM Multi Console component cable V.2 (Xbox 360, PS3/PS2, Wii)"

Nice. I might get this for my Wii, analogue a/b testing on the PS3 and as a replacement/back-up for my sometimes PS2 component set. The only thing that bothers me is the apparent low quality of the wires. The thin shielding is just one of the things that would worry me about the audio & IQ.

Yeah. Picked it up last night, but I haven't played it yet. I'll probably try it out tonight with my classic controller and wiimote.

Jme

I went in to put in my pre-order for Zak & Wiki (which I did) but I also found something I've been looking for, for a very long time now. (I did not want the PS2 version)

2ryrbl3.jpg

.hacked said:

Holy shit @ that Robocop cover.

i got a question, do you visit stores 2 to 3 times a day everyday 365 days a year? do you live at the stores? do you own the stores?

its like you go shopping everyday.

He's bloody rich. Not sure he actually has the time to enjoy everything he buys, but at least he's not using his wealth to fund terrorism :p

Thermite

I wasn't planning on getting this until around Christmas, but I was extremely lucky and ran into a little bit of cash today. :D

50m8lg.jpg

h3ro said:
Can you control the game when playing on your TV with the Sixaxis? Or is the cord long enough to control everything with the PSP far away from the television?

The cord is long enough for me to play sitting down in front of my TV, its about 7' long.

No, you can't use the Sixaxis.

DXMachina said:
What the heck is that Metal Gear book, and where is everyone getting these rainbow stylus'?

Like everyone has already said, it's the Brain Age 2 stylus set. I just registered the game, took the survey, and they mailed me the set.

The Metal Gear book is called: Metal Gear Solid 2 The Making. You can think of the book as well, the book version of The Document of Metal Gear Solid 2 (the making-of MGS2 'game' that came out just before MGS2: Substance came out). It's a pretty limited book, but I managed to get it from someone in fantastic condition.

Top Bottom