• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaKeRx

I told myself I wasn't going to buy anymore games this month and my last one being GH:WT, but damnit! I'm weak : (

c1d80f41.jpg

Yes Boss!

TommyT said:
That's fucking terrible. I'd have to take that shit back and if they didn't have a copy without that I'd buy it someplace else.

Yeah, it is probably just the slipcase and not that intrusive, unlike like the Chibi Walmart logo.

LiK

OMG, they actually call it the "Gamestop PRE-ORDER Edition"?? now they're taking the whole preorder thing to a whole new level. :lol

TommyT

Yes Boss! said:
Yeah, it is probably just the slipcase and not that intrusive, unlike like the Chibi Walmart logo.

I'd hope so. Normally I'd enjoy leaving the slip case on ( I don't keep my discs in the cases, but I like to display the cases none-the-less ) but I would use this thing for kindling in a heart beat.

edit: Or just hand the slip back to them saying I don't need/want this shit. I like this latter idea better come to think of it :lol

been a good couple weeks....
Got:
HD-DVD
Sky Captain
The Jerk
Old School
Scary Movie 4
Shaun of the Dead
Sneakers
Mummy
Mummy Returns

Blu-Ray
Incredible Hulk
Iron Man

PS3:
Star Wars Force Unleashed
Madden 09

360:
Viking
Burnout Paradise

snap0212

be6735.jpg

- Metal Gear Solid 4 LE (PAL) (with some promo stuff)
- Metal Gear Solid 4 Guide
- Metal Gear Solid Book
- Silent Hill Comic
- Final Fantasy IV DS (US)
- Crazy Machines Well, it's pretty cool so far. Nothing really special but worth the 20€.
- Star Wars Force Unleashed PSP
- Batman Gotham Knight BR
- Planet Earth BR OH. MY. GOOD.
- Saints Row 2 (PS3) For review...

:)

Xamdou

OctoberBlu-RayDBZBL.jpg

Blu-Ray movie pickups as well as DBZ: Burst Limit which cost $15 at Target.

GurrenLagannWing.jpg

Finally got Revoltech Enki which includes the final wing part for Gurren Lagann Aerial mode! :D

GLMerchKyleeVaCanCy.jpg

Other GL merchandise + Kylee's Vacancy song which I have been waiting for got an Itunes release ;O

SaitoH

New movie and games:

2lu41n8.jpg

New wireless Keyboard and mouse:

2ymxels.jpg

Starting to put together my new PC. Bought a very nice quiet, efficient, modular power supply:

35jm1ra.jpg

And a lovely Antec P180 case:

5331pv.jpg

Looking for good deals so I'll be buying pieces for the next few months before I finally put it together.

botkiller

SaitoH said:
And a lovely Antec P180 case:

5331pv.jpg

Looking for good deals so I'll be buying pieces for the next few months before I finally put it together.
I didn't realize the P180 came in gunmetal. Are you sure it's not the P182?

Bull said:
You're supposed to *show* us your pick-ups. Take a picture (because there's some good stuff there).

Dont be a dick, some of us don't have camera in front of us when we're at work.....
I'll take a picture later. By then the ride on your high horse should be done.

LiK said:
thanks for the pics, i didn't know the BD case itself would be green as well. very kewl. i wish they had the BD case for Iron Man in red...hehe.

That would just create confusion for customers.

What HD-DVD is back?

SaitoH

botkiller said:
I didn't realize the P180 came in gunmetal. Are you sure it's not the P182?

It's a micro atx, has a 200 mm fan on the top, and an E sata port on the front. Definitely not a P182.

Yes Boss!

JPBrowncoat said:
Oh man, it's not even November yet.

Oh shit,

I forgot the Tengoku OST came out. How lengthy are the tracks? are they like only one or two minute bits or are there some lengthy versions?

Yes Boss! said:
Oh shit,

I forgot the Tengoku OST came out. How lengthy are the tracks? are they like only one or two minute bits or are there some lengthy versions?
Pretty much exactly like they are in the game minus in-game sounds. So most are short with some long remixes. But it's both games which is sweet.

-viper-

Banned
SaitoH said:
New wireless Keyboard and mouse:

2ymxels.jpg
I need a wireless keyboard/mouse and that looks pretty damn nice.

What model is it and is it any good? Does the mouse include a rechargable dock?

Struct09

262tmqw.jpg

Both are awesome. And in terms of purchases for October, I'm not even half done yet. Still have Castlevania, GHWT, and Fallout 3.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
All the gaming crap I have bought the last few weeks:

(Not pictured- Tetris Party and Tenchu Shadow Assault)
2965602731_06329a3e71_b.jpg

Goldenaxe will be out the door soon. I got the 360 Arcade Unit to replace my Core system (which in turn replaced a launch premium model) from last year. It had started to freeze up and stutter lately, and rather than have it die and have to spend more money to import a Japanese or Asian 360 when I move back to the States soon, I just went ahead and replaced it. Now I have a quieter system with HDMI, plus I was still able to get rid of my older system and bring the price down quite a bit.

Damn it, okay, I've got to ask.

To those of you who are buying these anime figurines and crap, do you tend/have to kind of hide them somewhere when you have a female coming over? Or is this question completely irrelevant because many of you don't have females over?

I'm just asking. That question just popped into my head.

Pein

Banned
The Blue Jihad said:

To those of you who are buying these anime figurines and crap, do you tend/have to kind of hide them somewhere when you have a female coming over? Or is this question completely irrelevant because many of you don't have females over?

no, if they can't respect my hobbies they can't respect me

Zyzyxxz

The Blue Jihad said:

I could never see myself buying a female figurine. Even badass figurines are hard to self justify because I don't really see the point in having them.

Yeah I can appreciate other Gaffers figures but I could never bring myself to buy one unless I was a die-hard fan but even then I'm quite stingy.

The Blue Jihad said:

I don't have very many, but my Gundam models have a place in our den. My wife is fine with that, and honestly, they'd ugly up our house if they were anywhere else.

LiK

The Blue Jihad said:

a better question is, do people hide their massive game and anime collections? how about their massive dvd or comic book collections? it's all the same. i don't hide my stuff but i have all my stuff in one room. and when people see my collections, they are usually more impressed than frightened.

Pein said:
no, if they can't respect my hobbies they can't respect me

this.

LiK said:
a better question is, do people hide their massive game and anime collections? how about their massive dvd or comic book collections? it's all the same. i don't hide my stuff but i have all my stuff in one room. and when people see my collections, they are usually more impressed than frightened.

I don't think there's as much equivalency here as you'd like to imply. There's a pretty big gulf between DVD cases/comic books on a shelf and these outlandish, scantily-clad, tweenie-age anime girl figurines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom