• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Just opened the game this morning and clicking on GOBL > Preseason Predictions shows everything. I think the report that gets sent to your in-game mailbox shows up later tbh.

Available on the web as well
http://gobl.obleague.com/lg/reports/news/html/leagues/league_144_preseason_prediction_report.html

Maybe it wasn't generated until someone with commish powers opened it? When I went to the tab, it said that the report would be generated once Spring Training started and you first visit the page.

brentech

eh, the web report was up yesterday when I generated reports, which I never looked at predictions to that point.
The game doesn't update anything based on clicks, you literally have to upload every little change for anyone else to see it.

eznark

Banned
That prediction report is weird, it used to only show up for commissioners, then the commish would have to report out independently of the game what the predictions were.

.....I've been posting about this issue for a the last page or two.
He has been stuck on the Cardinals roster and we have not been able to even delete the player outright. I've literally trashed my own game file a couple of times requiring a full reinstall of the game trying to fix the problem.

So, that said, now that you have brought to my attention that this update did something with him, maybe Spring Training has finally solved the issue and I can move his ass to your team and off the Card's 40 man roster. (Yes, he was on both teams at the same time).

*****And yes, spring training solved the problem******
If anyone else has a Rule 5 player that got moved or screwed up with this update, let me know so I can move them.
Eznark ran the rule 5, and while all the players correctly show they were drafted in a rule 5 draft, it doesn't seem like they are locked to the teams active roster like they should be. We'll have to try and keep an eye out on this. I believe Eznark said he kind of knows what may have caused this so it shouldn't be a problem in future seasons.

So, he is on the twins active roster and no longer counts against the Card's 40 man roster. This won't show till the next league file update.

Yeah, I know you and ez have been dealing with this problem brentech, but I was confused when he suddenly appeared on the Cards roster exclusively after this last update. I wasn't sure if it had been ruled (by the office of the commissioner :p) that Sam T. was Cardinals property. Like I said, I don't want a player I'm not entitled to, and I wasn't sure if his appropriate team was still up in the air. I thought that maybe that issue hadn't been settled, or had been revisited, and I'd been left without a rule 5 pick at all, despite having the first overall pick- which would have been frustrating. Anyway, I guess it looks like things are sorted. I know this game can be buggy and act in strange ways at times. Hopefully this wrinkle is now ironed out, like you said.

TheCrow

Yo, John Mayberry put on 10lbs of muscle over the offseason and has the highest power rating on my team. Now he just has to make contact.

Rommel

If anyone needs a half decent backup catcher Lorenzo Quintana is on the block.

Also on the block:

Yasmany Tomas
Chase Anderson

And to update, the Astros still have

Mark Trumbo
Jed Lowrie
Pat Neshek
Jason Castro
Luis Valbuena
and maybe Evan Gattis

on the block.

Looks like I just happened to upload a new file right as the new one became available! I'm the first one to upload even though I haven't been on for about 12 days.

So, I have a few people on the trading block.
* Greg Holland
* Jason Vargas
* Omar Infante

Problem is, I won't be on for two weeks again due to a vacation in the middle of nowhere with no internet. Send me a PM if there is any interest and we'll see if we can work something out when I get back.

brentech

Story of the week

kbVhJWB.png

nbTAPeI.png

Seems like my update from yesterday didn't register for some reason or maybe I forgot to export.

Is there a way I can look at my teams ST stats?

Yeah all I did was mess with my depth chart yesterday so some younger guys would get a couple of starts. I wonder if it's because I didn't install the new update for the game until today

Damn I tried to sign some guys cause my owner wants us to hit more home runs. We've hit 3 so far in ST.

It downloaded some and then gave me a database error.

If you don't have the game update you're going have to install it and then probably delete the league files and reinstall those and then download today's advance.

That's what I usually have to do when I try to download the latest file before I patched the game. It messes up my league files somehow.

brentech

Got back home.

7 Day Sim
Game Date: 04/02/2016
Tomorrows sim will go to Opening Day (4/10)

An actual player development update shows up in the inbox now.

Rommel

Latest Arizona salary purge:

Yasmany Tomas, Lorenzo Quintana and Nick Ahmed for 100k.

You get an OF with some power upside, a decent backup C and a fairly high upside middle infielder all for the low low price of 100k. First come first serve.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Nori Aoki and Hunter Pence are available. Looking for lefty relievers to fill up my minor league system.

brentech

7 Day Sim
Game Date: 04/10/2016 OPENING DAY

Weekly results emails not generated because some people didn't have enough players on minor league teams and I had to force the AI to set up their minor league systems. (this breaks the sim and therefore kills that results process)

League file is uploading now. Get your teams set to play the 2016 GOBL Season!

Worth noting some of the minor leagues (I noticed my Southern, Cal and Midwestern League affiliates) have already started and played 3 games so you might want to make sure your minor league rosters and lineups are how you want them.

AAA will start during the next sim. Short season A and Rookie Ball don't start for a few months.

brentech

Owner gave me less ambitious goals this season, which is kind of a surprise. Now he's just asking for above .500 ball instead of playoffs. Kind of weird.

BigAT

Owner gave me less ambitious goals this season, which is kind of a surprise. Now he's just asking for above .500 ball instead of playoffs. Kind of weird.

Your owner has no faith in you, lame duck coach incoming.

Meanwhile, one of my goals still is to sign Johnny Cueto to an extension even though he's not even on my team.

Top Bottom