• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

Craig Gentry in response to my minor league deal offer - "I'm a major league baseball player and expect to be treated like one".

Yeah, sure you are, Craig. Sure you are.

brentech

So brent or ez, Sam Tuivailala is still showing as, and taking a spot, on my 40 man roster when I'm on my transactions and roster page.. even though the team showing is Minnesota who claimed him. Since it's the off-season it isn't a big deal, but hopefully one of you guys can take care of that when you sim at some point.
I couldn't figure it out before updating today. It isn't two separate players, and just editing him and placing him on the Twins doesn't change anything because he's already there.

I tried cloning him and deleting the original, but I don't like that solution as it deletes his history and other info. *will use as last resort.

Wanted to make sure I got the league advanced today so file is ready now.

I couldn't figure it out before updating today. It isn't two separate players, and just editing him and placing him on the Twins doesn't change anything because he's already there.

I tried cloning him and deleting the original, but I don't like that solution as it deletes his history and other info. *will use as last resort.

Wanted to make sure I got the league advanced today so file is ready now.
Sure, thanks for trying. There's no immediate rush as it's the off-season.

Damn Bastardo signed for over 9 mil! Y'all were killing me driving the price up for all the good RP.

I got Alex Gordon though! But WTF I lose a 1st round pick for signing him :( I didn't know that was a rule

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
That happened to me before. You'll probably have to delete all the league files and download them again.

Yep, happened to me on the update before. Only has happened to me twice total since the league started though.

Damn Bastardo signed for over 9 mil! Y'all were killing me driving the price up for all the good RP.

I got Alex Gordon though! But WTF I lose a 1st round pick for signing him :( I didn't know that was a rule

Yeah, there's a warning on those particular FAs that signing them may cost you a draft pick. Read everything on the screen!

Yeah, there's a warning on those particular FAs that signing them may cost you a draft pick. Read everything on the screen!

I usually do. I remember reading some stuff about international FAs if you spent over so much for them but didn't notice anything this time. Fuck it though I got Gordon! Time to repeat!

Yeah, I was going to make an offer on someone, don't remember who, but in the contract offer screen, there's a yellow bit at the bottom that warns you that you might have to give up a draft pick.

TheCrow

NEPRote.png

cBj1LTf.png

Pyrogeek

My laptop is down for at least a few days after the SSD failed, so I will be unable to update unless I find a way to do it at work.

brentech

Sure, thanks for trying. There's no immediate rush as it's the off-season.

Fuck man, I really don't know. I've outright, without even cloning first, deleted that player and he still stays on your 40 man roster, only with no stats or history.

So, still there for now.
Update going up shortly.

brentech

After trying to move that player off the Cardinals, my game got mucked when I tried to use my backup.
Had to reinstall the whole game.

Haven't got a response about it on the OOTP forums

brentech

Alright. Fixed my game problems with the report archive not being created. Only required uninstalling the game, and removing OOTP from the regedit to fix that issue (only figured that would work, was because without going that far, the system still remembered some of my game settings).

Soooo, back up and running.
Today's 7 day sim is uploading right now.

Lol so I was trying to find out how to get guys off my 40 man roster and ended up putting a lot of guys on waivers but only one that I kinda wanted to keep and he was the only one claimed. Someone should have claimed Markakis damn it

brentech

I am curious how this player is on the Card's 40 man roster yet was drafted in rule 5.

Did he just randomly appear there after the draft or should he have been protected?

XiaNaphryz

Alright. Fixed my game problems with the report archive not being created. Only required uninstalling the game, and removing OOTP from the regedit to fix that issue (only figured that would work, was because without going that far, the system still remembered some of my game settings).

Soooo, back up and running.
Today's 7 day sim is uploading right now.

Does this mean we're finally in Spring Training?

Woo! New managers, take advantage of this time to get players to learn new positions if you're planning on moving people around,

Beckx

I am going to have to bow out of the league. My work travel schedule isn't showing any signs of changing and I can't find the time to engage on any meaningful level.

What I wouldn't give for a Surface Pro to travel with.

XiaNaphryz

I am going to have to bow out of the league. My work travel schedule isn't showing any signs of changing and I can't find the time to engage on any meaningful level.

Remotr desktop connection to your home PC not an option?

Rommel

I'd unload my Surface Pro (first model) for cheap if you want one.

Does this mean we're finally in Spring Training?

Woo! New managers, take advantage of this time to get players to learn new positions if you're planning on moving people around,

So... just go to player and hit "select position" under the transactions?

Dayan Viciedo, welcome to the demanding and rewarding position of "Designated Hitter".

brentech

Here are the improvements / fixes compared to version 16.5.23:
- Added dynamically generated hint / loading text based on the currently loaded game
- Emphasized leaders for batting & pitching stats in player screen
- Added pitcher WAR to team register history
- Allow separate overall and potential scales
- If not displaying current ratings, show potential ratings on player lists instead
- Improved game substitution logic
- Improved depth chart logic
- Improved lineup logic
- Added option to use 40-man roster for playoff roster eligibility
- Implemented playoff injury rules (players may be placed on DL in playoffs and replaced, but must miss the next series)
- Removed ability to use the DL in the off-season (players must be activated)
- Added quick accounting widget to finances screen
- Generate HTML game logs by default
- Fixed custom create game crash
- Fixed bug where remove DH would not work in game
- Fixed issue where custom lineup would be placed in wrong spot in 7-day lineup
- Fixed issue where custom lineup would give an incorrect error
- Fixed 1942-1945 league total stats
- Fixed error of double counting draft offers
- Fixed park factor for batter WAR calculations
- Added Batting runs to sortable player lists (park-adjusted, need to delete "\tables" folder in OOTP custom data folder, can be found via Settings dialog -> Troubleshooting -> Open folder containing customizable data")
- Fixed last 10 calculation for rescheduled games
- In Find a Player, added ability to only include "hometown" players, as well as search by award wins
- Fixed issues with 3D ball flight
- Updated Opening Day rosters (need to start new game for changes to apply)
- Fixed several minor bugs + text issues

Final thoughts
This update wraps up the development of OOTP 16. We may release another maintenance patch later this summer, but in general we're now shifting to OOTP 17 development No rest for the wicked!
Last major update to OOTP 16

You can just put them in the lineup at the position you want them to develop and after they've had enough games under their belt at that spot, they'll get a rating for that position.

Hmmm... noticed that once I changed the player's position under the transactions menu, the manager generated lineups and depth charts put that player at that position. So, either way will work I reckon?

so does that rating keep improving?

That, I don't know. I don't think positional ratings are very fluid like batting/pitching ratings are, from what I've observed- although I haven't read anything about it one way or the other. It has seemed to be the case that you are what you are as a fielder of any position, but I could be wrong.

Hmmm... noticed that once I changed the player's position under the transactions menu, the manager generated lineups and depth charts put that player at that position. So, either way will work I reckon?

I'm sure it will. I think the only thing that is important is the player getting playing time at your desired position for him.

Pyrogeek

Laptop is repaired, so should be back up and running tonight! Hope to get the Washington Nationals back to the playoffs and hopefully out of the Divisional series this time.

Why was Sam Tuivailala removed from my roster? I know there was an issue with this player, but I thought eznark had made a decision and sorted it out. I don't want a player I'm not entitled to, but if he wasn't eligible for the rule 5, then shouldn't we have re-drafted? It doesn't seem like a fair solution for me to just give up the top pick in the rule 5 draft when I would have certainly selected another player had Tuivailala's status been correctly listed.

Or maybe this is just an error in this file. I honestly don't know what is going on in regards to this issue. Can we get some clarification so we can move forward please. This issue has been unresolved for a long time.

brentech

Why was Sam Tuivailala removed from my roster? I know there was an issue with this player, but I thought eznark had made a decision and sorted it out. I don't want a player I'm not entitled to, but if he wasn't eligible for the rule 5, then shouldn't we have re-drafted? It doesn't seem like a fair solution for me to just give up the top pick in the rule 5 draft when I would have certainly selected another player had Tuivailala's status been correctly listed.

Or maybe this is just an error in this file. I honestly don't know what is going on in regards to this issue. Can we get some clarification so we can move forward please. This issue has been unresolved for a long time.

.....I've been posting about this issue for a the last page or two.
He has been stuck on the Cardinals roster and we have not been able to even delete the player outright. I've literally trashed my own game file a couple of times requiring a full reinstall of the game trying to fix the problem.

So, that said, now that you have brought to my attention that this update did something with him, maybe Spring Training has finally solved the issue and I can move his ass to your team and off the Card's 40 man roster. (Yes, he was on both teams at the same time).

*****And yes, spring training solved the problem******
If anyone else has a Rule 5 player that got moved or screwed up with this update, let me know so I can move them.
Eznark ran the rule 5, and while all the players correctly show they were drafted in a rule 5 draft, it doesn't seem like they are locked to the teams active roster like they should be. We'll have to try and keep an eye out on this. I believe Eznark said he kind of knows what may have caused this so it shouldn't be a problem in future seasons.

So, he is on the twins active roster and no longer counts against the Card's 40 man roster. This won't show till the next league file update.

XiaNaphryz

Is there something up with the Preseason Predictions Report not getting generated yet despite the fact that we're already in Spring Training? That should have triggered the report getting generated.

.....I've been posting about this issue for a the last page or two.
He has been stuck on the Cardinals roster and we have not been able to even delete the player outright. I've literally trashed my own game file a couple of times requiring a full reinstall of the game trying to fix the problem.

So, that said, now that you have brought to my attention that this update did something with him, maybe Spring Training has finally solved the issue and I can move his ass to your team and off the Card's 40 man roster. (Yes, he was on both teams at the same time).

*****And yes, spring training solved the problem******
If anyone else has a Rule 5 player that got moved or screwed up with this update, let me know so I can move them.
Eznark ran the rule 5, and while all the players correctly show they were drafted in a rule 5 draft, it doesn't seem like they are locked to the teams active roster like they should be. We'll have to try and keep an eye out on this. I believe Eznark said he kind of knows what may have caused this so it shouldn't be a problem in future seasons.

So, he is on the twins active roster and no longer counts against the Card's 40 man roster. This won't show till the next league file update.
Thanks brentech. Noticed he was on my roster again and meant to post but got caught up with other things afterwards. Thanks for sorting this.

brentech

Is there something up with the Preseason Predictions Report not getting generated yet despite the fact that we're already in Spring Training? That should have triggered the report getting generated.

Just opened the game this morning and clicking on GOBL > Preseason Predictions shows everything. I think the report that gets sent to your in-game mailbox shows up later tbh.

Available on the web as well
http://gobl.obleague.com/lg/reports/news/html/leagues/league_144_preseason_prediction_report.html

Top Bottom