• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

brentech

Brent,

I'll be out of town from Friday to Friday. I'll have my laptop to check updates, but I'll be on a mifi so I won't be able to upload.

Also, podcast Thursday night?

Alright.
I may not be able to stick around for the whole podcast, but sounds good.

ryseing

Rangers send

SS Jurickson Profar

Diamondbacks send

SP Robbie Ray

Profar was buried on the depth chart and I need left handed pitching so good deal all around.

brentech

Big week for the Indians going 5-1. I made some adjustments to my game plan and it seems to have helped. Pitching was also great with 3 shutouts.

20-11 on the season.
Hoping this team keeps it up because I thought this might be a rebuilding year while I tested out some team builds.

Rommel

Rangers send

SS Jurickson Profar

Diamondbacks send

SP Robbie Ray

Profar was buried on the depth chart and I need left handed pitching so good deal all around.

I confirm this trade. Owens suckitude is over. All hail new starter Marco Gonzalez!

Rommel

6 picks in the first 3 rounds and my owner gives me a 7.5 million budget. I know you can spend more if you have the money. What section of the financial report shows your extra space? Is it based on balance? Or just cash.

Rommel

Didn't think i would be simming today and didn't check the thread before hand, but that's why a simple pm hitting eznark and I with a link to your trade details would help.

K, I'll be sure to do that from now on :)... One more week of Owing's .400 OPS :(

Damn my best pitcher is hurt for 4 weeks fuck.

And why do we always have to play a double header when we have to go to NYC to play the Mets lol and he got hurt against you in the 2nd game of the DH fuck the Mets

Pyrogeek

The Nationals are in serious need of a good bat. I'm happy to trade a SP if the match is right, but it would need to be a strong deal both ways.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I forgot how we were handling Rule 5 players again. If I wanted to get rid of someone I picked up through the Rule 5 how do I go about that? My patience is running pretty thin with the reliever I picked up, will give him another sim or two to get shit together.

brentech

Interested in the Pirates 3B Edward Salcedo. Think I mentioned it last season and I can't remember if he was off the table.
And holy shit. Marco Gonzales signing an extension for peanuts that fell to the ground at the park.

I forgot how we were handling Rule 5 players again. If I wanted to get rid of someone I picked up through the Rule 5 how do I go about that? My patience is running pretty thin with the reliever I picked up, will give him another sim or two to get shit together.

I think since the draft was a mess, the game won't take care of it as it should. So, a copy and paste job:

If the draftee does not stay on the selecting team's 25-man (major league) roster all season, the player must be offered back to his original team at half-price.

If they don't accept him, free agency, I dunno? Can't find concrete info about that.

Here's what the OOTP manual says:
Rule 5 Draft Roster Rules
There are a number of roster rules relating to Rule 5 drafts:

A team that wants to select a player in the Rule 5 draft must have at least one spot open on its secondary roster.
A player selected in the Rule 5 draft must remain on the selecting team's active roster or disabled list for the entire season.
A player who was drafted in the Rule 5 draft can be waived. If he is claimed, then the player must remain on the claiming team's active roster for the remainder of the season.
A player selected in the Rule 5 draft can be traded. The team that receives the player must keep the player on its active roster for the remainder of the season.
A player selected in the Rule 5 draft must spend 90 days on the active roster. This rule prevents teams from picking players and then dumping them on the disabled list for an entire season to avoid using an active roster spot. This rule can extend into the following season if necessary.

The Nationals are in serious need of a good bat. I'm happy to trade a SP if the match is right, but it would need to be a strong deal both ways.

Do you need a first baseman? I'd happily part with Logan Morrison. He was the second best first baseman in the AL last year and is having a pretty solid follow up season.

The corpse of Nelson Cruz is also available for anyone who wants him!

eznark

Banned
Interested in the Pirates 3B Edward Salcedo. Think I mentioned it last season and I can't remember if he was off the table.
And holy shit. Marco Gonzales signing an extension for peanuts that fell to the ground at the park.

I think since the draft was a mess, the game won't take care of it as it should. So, a copy and paste job:

If they don't accept him, free agency, I dunno? Can't find concrete info about that.

No player who was drafted in the rule 5 isn't worth $25k. If you want to drop a Rule 5 guy, state that you are doing so. He will be given back to the team he was drafted from and that team will give you $25k.

IF YOU DROP OR DEMOTE (some players had to be manually moved so the in-game rule 5 mechanism isn't in effect) A RULE 5 GUY WITHOUT NOTIFYING THE LEAGUE AND IT IS NOT CAUGHT BEFORE ADVANCE YOU WILL BE GIVEN A $500K FINE.

The 90 day rule is irrelevant here since you can't DL a guy who isn't hurt.

I really wish i knew how the scouting system worked in this game. I doubt the designers understand it. I had my scout- who is rated *Outstanding* in scouting amateurs- fill out all rounds for me to see how it went. (It worked for me this year without freezing!) In the first round I have players rated as low as *23* potential on this list. WHYYYYYYYY wouldn't my scout follow his OWNNNNNN scouting ratings. He's also sprinkled in guys that are listed as *impossible* for me to sign as well as guys with a bonus demand greater than my total spending allotment for the entire draft. I said GOTDAM! There seems to be little rhyme or reason to any of it.

ryseing

On that note, Sean Coyle will be returned to his original team after the Profar deal is executed.

Hopefully this gets done this sim. Fucking Derek Holland is second in the league in losses.

What I wouldn't do to have a rotation with a combined ERA of less than 5.00.

eznark

Banned
BRENT, I'll take care of the sim tonight. I'll do the trade and the rule 5 return. I have some lunatic messages from Sanjuro too that need to be dealt with.

brentech

BRENT, I'll take care of the sim tonight. I'll do the trade and the rule 5 return. I have some lunatic messages from Sanjuro too that need to be dealt with.

ashot_jugg.gif

No player who was drafted in the rule 5 isn't worth $25k. If you want to drop a Rule 5 guy, state that you are doing so. He will be given back to the team he was drafted from and that team will give you $25k.

IF YOU DROP OR DEMOTE (some players had to be manually moved so the in-game rule 5 mechanism isn't in effect) A RULE 5 GUY WITHOUT NOTIFYING THE LEAGUE AND IT IS NOT CAUGHT BEFORE ADVANCE YOU WILL BE GIVEN A $500K FINE.

The 90 day rule is irrelevant here since you can't DL a guy who isn't hurt.

Xavier Scruggs and Enosil Tejada are both available to be returned to their original teams.

How do you guys build your draft list? Do you just put everything in round 1 and then copy over to the other rounds? And do you just use the 'and' for ech guy if you want the highest guy available taken?

I pay my scout for a reason. Let him figure it out.

I wasn't happy with what he did last year, there were much better players available to draft than who he chose. I basically threw back all my top draft picks last year so I could have a better shot with some extra picks again this year.

How do you guys build your draft list? Do you just put everything in round 1 and then copy over to the other rounds? And do you just use the 'and' for ech guy if you want the highest guy available taken?

Last season I did like the first 4 rounds and the last 4 rounds. For the first couple I filled out like my top 20 guys and for the last 4 I filled out 20 some odd guys who had low potential but high ratings in attributes I favored.

My reputation increase to "Decent"!

Shae Simmons is the greatest closer ever!

We swept the Mets!

Why did Quentin get suspended?!

Rowdy Players Suspended by League: The action was hot and heavy at a recent Atlanta-St. Louis game at Turner Field in more ways than one. When tempers flared, both benches emptied and a mild melee ensued. The only thing hurt was a few players' pride. Two of the main figures in the brawl were suspended today by league officials. The Braves Carlos Quentin and St. Louis's Trevor Rosenthal will each miss 3 games for their roles in the fight.

"We do not condone this kind of behavior on the field," the league announcement read. "As such, we believe that this punishment fits the actions taken by these two players. We hope that there will not be a repeat of the incident or else the consequences will be even more severe."

THE BRAVES
ARE RESORTING TO THUGGERY

THE STREET STUFF!

Top Bottom