• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

My scout has a legendary rating for amateurs but he drafts nothing but 20 potential amateurs

theo-epstein-uh-oh-300x199.jpg

My picks are rated high by OSA So it looks like my scout went with the OSA ratings instead of his own evaluations WTF

I'll at least give them a chance if they'll sign for the slot

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
My scout has a legendary rating for amateurs but he drafts nothing but 20 potential amateurs

Mine's ranked as Outstanding for amateurs and I have 16 guys in my rookie clubs or are pending deals as draft picks who he has ranked 40 or higher in potential, 8 of which are 60 or higher. :D

Not sure about the rest of my development system though. Still have guys in my AAA and AA clubs who have potentials of 50+ that are barely halfway towards that potential rating.

Boooo Adam Conley should be on the all star ballot
8-1 with a 3.03 ERA and a 1.1 WAR

somehow Henderson Alvarez made his way on lol

I did the same for my angels. They have legit good numbers I swear! Not sure about my draft yet, probably garbage. I don't trust my scout. Everyone is a 20.

Rommel

Luken Baker fell from 31st overall to 148th. Should have taken the money I offered last year. Likely to get a quarter of it this year lol

If anyone needs a backup or stopgap C Quintana can be had for 100k

ryseing

Luken Baker fell from 31st overall to 148th. Should have taken the money I offered last year. Likely to get a quarter of it this year lol

Holy shit 56/7 for Profar. You really didn't have another SS option did you?

Feel like I should have squeezed you for more...

Ray has a 2.20 ERA though so no regrets. Mostly because of an abnormally low BABIP but whatever. Better than fucking Derek "$10 million, 5.50 ERA" Holland.

I'm looking for a decent hitting vet CF. Will trade midlevel specs for one.

Looking to move Logan Morrison (First Baseman) preferably for veteran CF help.

I just want to say if Kyle Seager hadn't gotten hurt for 5 weeks he'd totally be a shoo in for third base. I still voted for him!

As for the draft, my scout took SEVEN impossible to sign guys. Then again I grabbed some SS in a late round who wants over a million bucks (but he has okay potential) so I guess that's where I'll put the money I save. I filled my draft board with a lot of CFers (since my system blows in that regard) and I got almost nothing but OFers and pitchers. Doesn't look like I got any of the 100 MPH kids though.

Rommel

Looking to move Logan Morrison (First Baseman) preferably for veteran CF help.

I just want to say if Kyle Seager hadn't gotten hurt for 5 weeks he'd totally be a shoo in for third base. I still voted for him!

As for the draft, my scout took SEVEN impossible to sign guys. Then again I grabbed some SS in a late round who wants over a million bucks (but he has okay potential) so I guess that's where I'll put the money I save. I filled my draft board with a lot of CFers (since my system blows in that regard) and I got almost nothing but OFers and pitchers. Doesn't look like I got any of the 100 MPH kids though.

My first pick tosses a Moyer like 101 MPH.

William Wallace going #1... Very low leadership ability... Braveheart he is not.

Most of my guys drafted are very hard or impossible to sign. Wonderful. I'm not shelling not seven million for a not so impressive first round pitcher.

Oh shit, no wonder I saw guys in my farm system and was like "I remembered scouting him and liking him, but how did I get him??"

Brendan Rodgers still wants a truckload of cash, but he rates his signability as 'easy'. We shall see. I literally can't pay his demands.

Just to be clear, I have like 85 guys on my gulf coast league team, and want to cut bait of the trash, but if they're rule 5 eligible I have to get it approved first?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Just to be clear, I have like 85 guys on my gulf coast league team, and want to cut bait of the trash, but if they're rule 5 eligible I have to get it approved first?

No that was only for the folks you took off of other peoples rosters in the rule 5 draft during the offseason. You basically have to keep those guys for the entire season or give them back (by announcing you plan on getting rid of the guy)

That's the part that's both confusing, but I'm also okay with. I think we we just knew our scouts info was spot on all the time, there would be a lot less to any of this.

Exactly. Then you could just min/max this and what would be the point.

Oh ok thanks, is there any way of knowing who these guys are or do I just need to look in transaction history?

Rule 5 guys have to be on a major league club or they're returned. If you had one, guessing you would know it.

No that was only for the folks you took off of other peoples rosters in the rule 5 draft during the offseason. You basically have to keep those guys for the entire season or give them back (by announcing you plan on getting rid of the guy)

Oh ok thanks, is there any way of knowing who these guys are or do I just need to look in transaction history?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Had 7 guys I offered contracts to, only 1 decided to sign. Other 6 taking their damn time. I wonder why you can't retract or adjust offers until they decide. Kinda lame.

So uh, I made a bunch of roster moves yesterday including cutting dudes and it looks like a ton of these guys are back on my roster but assigned to my low minors. Weird.

Rommel

Chris Owings is on the block. You will have to take Quintana with him (tiny salary dump).

For Owings/Quintana I'd like an MLB ready reliever or a decent spec + 1 mil cash (like to take a swing at a couple of my impossible signings)

If you want Martin/DeShields you're welcome to them. Hell, I'll pay the rest of Martin's salary for the season if I get a prospect out of it.

He hit .310 last year!

I won't part with Peterson for either of those guys but make me an offer on anything else and we can talk.

Chris Owings is on the block. You will have to take Quintana with him (tiny salary dump).

For Owings/Quintana I'd like an MLB ready reliever or a decent spec + 1 mil cash (like to take a swing at a couple of my impossible signings)

I would do this but I don't think I have the cash unless one of my remaining draftees doesn't sign. I have Yoervis Medina available for trade, he's striking out 9.6 batters per inning in the majors this season!

Actually I'm realizing I'm kind of low on cash so if anyone wants a proven closer in Fernando Rodney let me know! Or Logan Morrison for any team that wants a first baseman.

Top Bottom