• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OT of tourney level scrubs, wait, does that make any sense?

Dave1988

Ploid 3.0 said:
We don't have to have someone to record it right? Dave is a regular on gafchat I could get done with my fight quick.

We'll set it up after I get back from work today.

AAK

Best of 3 is the tournament standard simply because of time restraints.

MLG decided to have best of 5 to make sure no upsets happened... but regardless there needs to be a rule set in stone.

AAK

Did anybody here participate in the previous GAF tournament? Can anyone inform us the rules that went down there?

xintin

Edgeward said:
Xintin, I'm available anytime between 7-10 pst on weekdays and very flexible on weekends. I'm the west coast. Let me know on here or PSN, Edgeward34.
adjusted my net settings, we should be able to avoid the connection horror from last night and get this done :lol

Arol

The rules are in the OP, in the third post to be exact.

The pictures and graphics might seem to take away from it, but they are listed there, 3 rounds, best of 3 sets of matches.

I had actually forgotten about this tournament until last night.

Anyways, not sure if any other rules are in place.

Gyrian

Acid, you can find me online tonight and tomorrow night, let's do this. :]
I'll be out of town over the weekend.

micrometaru.gif

Treb

captmcblack said:
Alright, time to get back to god-scrub tier. Let's get it on!

I'm ready whenever you are. I should be free at night most of the time if that works for you.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I am not going to make this a timely event. Matches will happen when they can and we'll work our way from there. Certain people are taking off here and there, people being in a different time zone, etc so setting dates would mean no good.

I know it's not possible but I'd like to have all matches captured. I can do it myself if the players contact me and invite me to their room. And If I can't make it there, save your matches so I can watch them via replays.

hxa155

DunpealD x hxa155

Match 1: Fei Long x Juri (2-1)
Match 2: Fei Long x T-Hawk (2-1)

Winner: DunpealD

---

I whiffed Juri U2 ultra twice :lol

hxa155

I sent you a couple of invites, kadey.

EDIT: my internet connection is acting funny, i cant do it at the moment, sorry

DunpealD

hxa155 said:
I sent you a couple of invites, kadey.

EDIT: my internet connection is acting funny, i cant do it at the moment, sorry

Managed to do it in my replay channel. So, don't worry.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Yep all good. And good games Dunpeal. I kept eating those counter flame kicks and Ultra. :lol I started figuring you out though. :p

notworksafe

Uh oh. My failure and scrubness will be broadcast to the internet. :lol

EDIT: Finished watching all the vids. Cool stuff! I can watch people play SF all day though. :D

thanks for the videos... I feel for you guys when a opening arises but than fuck up on capitalizing on that opening then hate yourself for it

happens to me often

hxa155

gutter_trash said:
thanks for the videos... I feel for you guys when a opening arises but than fuck up on capitalizing on that opening then hate yourself for it

happens to me often

I've failed that Juri U2 setup twice :lol I think I'm gonna get myself an arcade stick.

Gyrian

Acid and I met tonight.

It went 1 set for him, 2 for me.
Next time you're online, Kadey, I'll get you into my replay channel.

micrometaru.gif

Acid08

Banned
Gyrian said:
Acid and I met tonight.

It went 1 set for him, 2 for me.
Next time you're online, Kadey, I'll get you into my replay channel.

micrometaru.gif
I hate that we had to fight in the first round, I alway imagined it would be you and me in the final :lol

Flash Kick man, you wrecked me when I whiffed those.

vulva

ggs clown prince.

We had a little confusion, but the way it went was
me
him
me (we called that set 1)
him
me
me (set 2)

So it was a total of 6 2/3 matches

I wasn't sure if it was just first to 3 or first to 3 sets of 2/3.

Either way, I guess I advance.

That said, he really did dominate me when he would win.

Arol

I played Alba earlier today, ggs alba!

I won 2-0.

I think we played too many matches? Who knows, it was fun and I hope we get to play more =)

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Okay. Both of you guys get in touch with me and invite me to your replay channel some time.

I'll be on some time tonight just for that Gyrian.

We're halfway there through these brackets. Surprised this is going faster than I expected. :lol

DunpealD

Kadey said:
Yep all good. And good games Dunpeal. I kept eating those counter flame kicks and Ultra. :lol I started figuring you out though. :p

I also started to figure out that I was getting closer to a flowchart :lol. I suppose to play 4AM in the morning isn't always the smartest idea. Anyway, no excuses lost is lost. Maybe better luck next time.

Kadey said:
We're halfway there through these brackets. Surprised this is going faster than I expected. :lol

Don't worry it'll be slowed down since I won't be available for 5 days from tomorrow on. If I'm lucky I can get another match done today.

Treb said:
I'm ready whenever you are. I should be free at night most of the time if that works for you.

I'll be home tonight around 10/11pm EST. I'll send you an invite, and we can get our matches in today or tomorrow!

Gyrian

What equipment are you using to capture the matches, Kadey?
It's doing an unbelievable quality job, silky 720p <3.

Edgeward

ChryZ said:
Quick question: how can you record a replay?

Sorry, I've never tinkered with the replay stuff ^_^;

Network battle->Replay channel

If you have played your battle within the last ten fights go into your battle log and select them and then save them. They will then appear on your My Channel and go invite kadey like you would starting an endless room and choose the replay and go.

ChryZ

Edgeward said:
Network battle->Replay channel

If you have played your battle within the last ten fights go into your battle log and select them and then save them. They will then appear on your My Channel and go invite kadey like you would starting an endless room and choose the replay and go.
Thanks!

Treb

captmcblack said:
I'll be home tonight around 10/11pm EST. I'll send you an invite, and we can get our matches in today or tomorrow!

Awesome! I'll try to log in tonight then.

ChryZ

AAK versus ChryZ

ChryZ wins 2-1

Replays saved on both ends. Kadey, you can try to catch me (ChryZ-US) or AAK (AAK0924) for recording. I'll be on for the next 3 hours (EU). AAK is from Canada, it might be easier to catch him.

Edgeward

Biggz124 aka Tiger Uppercut is online with SSFIV fairly often when I'm on at night. Shouldn't be too hard to set-up some time with him through psn.

eissan

Flek when do you wanna play? I'm in central standard time and can go on tomorrow after 10pm or saturday and sunday.

let me know thanks.

Dave1988

Had my fight with Ploid. GGs, Ploid.

I won 2-1.

I have the fights saved but it might be better for Kadey to contact Ploid for the replays since they're both US.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Alright. Players having played. Get in touch with me on PSN and invite me to see your replays. I'm on at night some times.

Top Bottom