• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OT of tourney level scrubs, wait, does that make any sense?

Treb and I played our matches just now, and I won 2-0. GGs, Treb! We're gonna keep sparring though so we can level up in the quest for that FIGHT MONEY.

Treb

GGs again Captmcblack!

Captmcblack defeated me easily in the two matches we fought.

Winner: Captmcblack!

Burli

Pringo
Whoa whoa WHOA - I totally want in on this, I'm a grade A scrub. Am I too late?

Burlisaurus on Xbox Live.

EDIT: Curbed my excitement to read the actual thread. 32 players and PSN only.

Seriously though, would love to see another one of these for both PS3 and 360, it's nice to be a scrub and still have the chance to play other beginners.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
OP updated. Brackets and everything.

I'll post YT matches when I can for Riki and Chryz's matches.

For the players whom haven't gotten me yet, invite me when you see me on some time.

I'm ready for my next fight.
Edgeward, let's get it crackin' whenever you've got the chance!

Kadey, I'll invite you and send the replay of my last fight (if Treb hasn't done so already).

vulva

yo kadey, I'm out of town until tomorrow night. I'll be back home from work and all around 9 or 10 PM EST tomorrow. If you can give me an ideal time after then I'll hop on the psn and send my stuff your way.

Edgeward

captmcblack said:
I'm ready for my next fight.
Edgeward, let's get it crackin' whenever you've got the chance!

Kadey, I'll invite you and send the replay of my last fight (if Treb hasn't done so already).

8pm PST tonight then. Edgeward34

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'm on anywhere from 7-12 PM Eastern if I happen to feel like playing the game or whatever. I've been on a lot lately because of recording but usually I'm on like once a week.

Edgeward and I completed our fated bout, and I won 2-1 after some really close battles. GGs, Edgeward!

Kadey, I just sent you a friend request so I can send you replays. Can I still call you kademedion? :p

Gyrian

Kadey said:
Happy, Capt and Gyrian. I need your sets of replays then we're done for the matches played thus far.

I was out of town over the weekend, and didn't find you last night.
If we end up not meeting tonight again, I'll try to shakycam the replays.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I should be on tonight just for capturing for a few minutes. It doesn't take long. I'll just sing a song and then run along.

DunpealD

Finally back and Murphys law has struck again. First the router goes bye, then had to work on it for 4 hours and then I still have to fight against power outages.

If it isn't too much I'll need some time to get back in shape. At least 6 days without practice does much to one.

hamchan

This is pretty entertaining. I hope this scrub tournament becomes a regular thing, I wouldn't mind participating next time.

Gyrian

Happy, let's get in touch and set up our match. I'll be online tonight. :]

Kadey said:
Dave1988 vs Ploid 3.0.
Dave1988 wins 2-1
Match one
Match two
Match three

Dave, in case you missed this @ youtube, match one song is &#12488;&#12523;&#12461;&#12450; [Torukia], from Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. OST3; it's track 2. A fine choice <3.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
You two ^ still need to give me your matches. And those who haven't played yet should probably do so because opponents are eagerly waiting in the next bracket.

Yeah Dave. That song is Torukia from the GITS OST. I have the full OST if you want it or even an mp3 of just that song.

Gyrian

Kadey said:
You two ^ still need to give me your matches.

I know. ;_;
We never seem to be online on PSN at the same time.

It's fairly infuriating that you can't send out a replay file. Well played, Uncharted2.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Yeah. Or even the ability to just look up replays of people on your BL whenever. Oh well, you can't have it all. Maybe in a next update or something. Anyway, I'm on now if you can get on and give them to me real quick.

Gyrian

Kadey said:
Yeah. Or even the ability to just look up replays of people on your BL whenever. Oh well, you can't have it all. Maybe in a next update or something. Anyway, I'm on now if you can get on and give them to me real quick.

I'll be home about 2 hours from now, hopefully I can still catch you then.

ACE 1991

Can we get an XBL tourney after this? I'd help organize it, even though I have no past experience doing any sort of tournament organization...

Gyrian

ACE 1991 said:
cr.hk for life! :lol

Good matches.

When I was re-watching these, I was shaking my head at being such easy prey for that kick.
Was it six of them I ate during a single round? Haha.

Good games, Acid!

ACE 1991

Gyrian said:
When I was re-watching these, I was shaking my head at being such easy prey for that kick.
Was it six of them I ate during a single round? Haha.

Good games, Acid!

Yeah, I used to (still do sometimes) eat those cr.hk's all the time...

Gyrian

ACE 1991 said:
Yeah, I used to (still do sometimes) eat those cr.hk's all the time...

My problem with that kick is that I become so tempted to punish the second kick after blocking the first.
This is very possible, but often, my reaction isn't quick enough.

For the fights above though, however, my problem was much more basic. ;_;
I usually need a couple of games before I start playing with more sense.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Stick with it. Hahah. No pun intended. I'm learning and stick too and some times the things I want to do never come out but the only way to learn is to keep at it.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Just like I've said in the scrub thread. After a week or so, people who haven't played yet either do so or I'll be finding replacements and dqing. I already have people lined up to take spots. I know some people are on vacation, etc but I've also seen people needing to play their matches in the tournament posting regularly.

Flek

Banned
i pmed my enemy back and forth and asked him to add me in psn so we can finally get ouer game over. But he stoped responding :(

And i will be off for a convention in the middle of next week :/

So yeha whatever if we dont get ouer shit together you can kick me out …

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I noticed Eissan's been playing his ranbats matches. You can probably catch him when he's doing so. The time zone difference is probably the only problem between you two.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Me and Mighty still need to play. Time difference is a biatch it seems cause he's on when I'm not on and vice-versa.

Flek

Banned
whats his psn id?

i cant ask him because
" 1. eissan has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space."

:lol

Top Bottom