• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Plays Mafia/Werewolf |OT5| Ma5ia Harder (Sign up in thread to play!)

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date

Coppanuva

Yeah it's interesting that mid-seasons are more likely to be won by scum.

Oceanicair, you forgot volcano was won by town. I don't remember who won final fantasy.
I'm curious how much of it is due to the balancing oversight on main seasons and how much is due to the limited window of discussion applied to midseason.

The split is interesting, because whilst there are some midseason games that are slightly balanced towards scum like WWE or Heist, others like Batman or Final Fantasy last season for example, seemed to have a pretty good balance. Final Fantasy could have gone either way on the final day, and if it wasn't for Trigger tying the vote, town in Batman could have had a decent shot at winning, or at least they would have taken out 2/3 scum.

And of course the same goes for main season games, where scum often come very close to winning, but mess everything up with a dumb gambit, or just get unlucky early on.

Ideal balance would probably have most games coming down to the wire rather than one side dominating the other.

RetroMG

zMlf7UA.png

Signups for Gafia 2 are now open

Gafia games are, essentially, one long in-joke, so you must have completed a full Mafia game (main or mid-season) to be eligible to play.
Anyone who has not played in any of the 5.5 games will get top priority. Anyone who is currently alive in Gods vs. Men may sign up, but will be lower priority.
Three spots are currently reserved for specific players. If these free up, (or when their players have signed up,) I will remove them.

01. Karu
02. ScraftyDevil
03. Ourobolus
04. Nin1000
05. Burbeting
06. Bronx-man
07. Fireblend
08. BananaSpacePrincess
09. Ty4on
10. RobotNinjaHornets
11. XamtheKing
12. Bowlie
13. Kalor
22. OceanicAir

Replacements:
01. Android Sophia
02. Weemadarthur

nin1000

Banned
Someone ask barrylocke if they want in. And launchpad yes launch and Blarg no wait not Blarg better ask jonnyquicknives or Timeasis. Yes the Isis guy and we'll get everyone in while it's hot.

RetroMG

Miss Swamped has asked me to inform you that there will be a rehearsal brunch that all guests are asked to attend. It will begin at 9am Pacific Time, on Friday, April 22nd.

Gafia 2 begins:
tur_1461340800.png

Palmer_v1

zMlf7UA.png

Signups for Gafia 2 are now open

Gafia games are, essentially, one long in-joke, so you must have completed a full Mafia game (main or mid-season) to be eligible to play.
Anyone who has not played in any of the 5.5 games will get top priority. Anyone who is currently alive in Gods vs. Men may sign up, but will be lower priority.
Three spots are currently reserved for specific players. If these free up, (or when their players have signed up,) I will remove them.

02. ScraftyDevil
03. Ourobolus
04. Nin1000
05. Burbeting
06. Bronx-man
07. Fireblend
08. BananaSpacePrincess
09. Ty4on
10. RobotNinjaHornets
11. XamtheKing
12. Bowlie
13. Kalor