• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Plays Mafia/Werewolf |OT5| Ma5ia Harder (Sign up in thread to play!)

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date

nin1000

Banned
The Matrix6 game is over, for those of you who have not been following it. Results are in.

Apparently I am the worst townie of all time.

It was fun playing a small game like that.

Don't worry! FYI Kawl_USC was the same in the Harry Potter game. He (aswell as others) kept defending crab and i quote.

'stop blaming crab, we talked about that already! He is town '

So, there's that. I still want to see a video of you eating that 3DS though. That will forever haunt you if not.

Kawl_USC

Yep, I already let Sky know that being wrong is most of the fun! Don't be discouraged.

I also blame nin for crab HP shenanigans as that kill shouldn't have even gone in....

roytheone

Yep, I already let Sky know that being wrong is most of the fun! Don't be discouraged.

I also blame nin for crab HP shenanigans as that kill shouldn't have even gone in....

I still think that kill wrongly going through was a blessing for the game, because else we would basically be forced to give up on day 3 of a main season game, which would have been terrible for everyone involved.

Kawl_USC

Just like with replacements though, something can be healthy for the game and ultimately unhealthy for our community and meta at large. But I digress.

Camjo-Z

I'm thinking about making a game where everyone has points that they can earn and spend to use different abilities. It'd basically be like regular mafia but with a risk/reward factor of "should I save or spend my points" added, plus the ability for townies to actively help PRs (or inadvertently help mafia) by donating points to other players. Has anyone tried this before, and if so was it any good?

Coppanuva

I'm thinking about making a game where everyone has points that they can earn and spend to use different abilities. It'd basically be like regular mafia but with a risk/reward factor of "should I save or spend my points" added, plus the ability for townies to actively help PRs (or inadvertently help mafia) by donating points to other players. Has anyone tried this before, and if so was it any good?

I've actually played around with that idea a bit for Mario Party Mafia. The hardest part is determining how points are given out. Mine is based on a movement system with a board involved, but it's also a LOT of tracking as a mod (moreso than votes), which is why I'm working on a script to help with it slowly.

Camjo-Z

I've actually played around with that idea a bit for Mario Party Mafia. The hardest part is determining how points are given out. Mine is based on a movement system with a board involved, but it's also a LOT of tracking as a mod (moreso than votes), which is why I'm working on a script to help with it slowly.

I'd just keep it simple. Base amount of 50 points for all players every day, a bonus to townies for lynching maf and a smaller payout for the opposite, maybe one or two other ways to earn them as well.

If I want board space on outer gafia for a game review, do I PM someone here or on outer gafia? I really want to try to get Rick and Morty Gafia nailed down.

RetroMG

If I want board space on outer gafia for a game review, do I PM someone here or on outer gafia? I really want to try to get Rick and Morty Gafia nailed down.

In general, if you want a private board set up, (either for game creation, or just for your own thoughts,) you should PM me. Doesn't really matter where.

I'll put up a board for you shortly, AB.

EDIT: All set, AB. It's under Game Creation > Currently in Progress > Rick and Morty Mafia. Hit me on Discord if you have any problems.

General reminder: All Game Creation boards can be accessed by the people who requested them, and the current season mods. If you have an issue with this, please PM me.

Coppanuva

I'd just keep it simple. Base amount of 50 points for all players every day, a bonus to townies for lynching maf and a smaller payout for the opposite, maybe one or two other ways to earn them as well.
Ahh ok then yeah, that's more manage then. There's also the question of whether or not point balance and spending is open v closed, which makes it a bit harder to balance.

In general, if you want a private board set up, (either for game creation, or just for your own thoughts,) you should PM me. Doesn't really matter where.

I'll put up a board for you shortly, AB.

EDIT: All set, AB. It's under Game Creation > Currently in Progress > Rick and Morty Mafia. Hit me on Discord if you have any problems.

General reminder: All Game Creation boards can be accessed by the people who requested them, and the current season mods. If you have an issue with this, please PM me.

Thanks dude!

roytheone

The Witcher game I am thinking of making actually has a similar concept, only there town has one big shared money pool and every night only one person picked as the representative can spend the points.

Sorian

Banned

Points would have to be hidden and people would have to easily be able to lie or that reward system could accidentally out mafia. Probably goes without saying but something to keep in mind.

Coppanuva

Points would have to be hidden and people would have to easily be able to lie or that reward system could accidentally out mafia. Probably goes without saying but something to keep in mind.
The other problem is you're essentially punishing mafia even more for getting lynched with that scheme. Balance would be even harder on that.

Camjo-Z

Points and abilities would definitely be visible only to the individual.

The other problem is you're essentially punishing mafia even more for getting lynched with that scheme. Balance would be even harder on that.

My thinking was that since townies are more likely to be lynched based purely on the numbers, it'd be balanced in the end. Could always switch it around to reward the "losing" side of a lynch instead.

Coppanuva

Points and abilities would definitely be visible only to the individual.

My thinking was that since townies are more likely to be lynched based purely on the numbers, it'd be balanced in the end. Could always switch it around to reward the "losing" side of a lynch instead.
I guess it would depend on what the rewards are. Could be interesting, i would just be worried that something like a cop getting lucky could lead to a snowball effect (alternatively: scum killing a bunch of prs gets them even more benefit)

Scum does a lot better in mid than main season that's true. I don't know if they perform better than town in midseason though, it would be interesting to see.

NX, Election, MGS, Heist, WWE, Batman, and Calliou Matrix all were won by the Mafia, only Gafia 1 was won by Town.

As opposed to Main season games where Sole Neutrals have more wins than Mafia lol.

It's really amazing to see the difference in win rates, I wonder if it will carry into the future.

Is anyone interested in co-modding or providing feedback on the development of Avatar Mafia? I could really use someone to bounce some ideas off of.

Yeah it's interesting that mid-seasons are more likely to be won by scum.

Oceanicair, you forgot volcano was won by town. I don't remember who won final fantasy.

Top Bottom