• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Plays Mafia/Werewolf |OT5| Ma5ia Harder (Sign up in thread to play!)

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date
Spec thread should be on OG. Discord moves too fast unless you're always on it.

Discord would be best at the end/beginning of the day for real-time reactions.

SalvaPot

I was just thinking about this very idea. Do you have a setup in mind?

Not really, the easiest would be just a Vigilante game, or just a regular game with a Gafia skin, since trying to make a new game with such a small amount of time could be unbalanced.

A vigilante game could be fun if the flavor is based around the users, roleplaying and unnecesary gambits included.

roytheone

zMlf7UA.png

Signups for Gafia 2 are now open

Gafia games are, essentially, one long in-joke, so you must have completed a full Mafia game (main or mid-season) to be eligible to play.
Anyone who has not played in any of the 5.5 games will get top priority. Anyone who is currently alive in Gods vs. Men may sign up, but will be lower priority.
Three spots are currently reserved for specific players. If these free up, (or when their players have signed up,) I will remove them.

01. Karu
02. ScraftyDevil
03. Ourobolus
04. Nin1000
05. Burbeting
06. Bronx-man
07. Fireblend
08. BananaSpacePrincess
09. Ty4on
10. RobotNinjaHornets
11. XamtheKing
12. Bowlie
13. Kalor
22. OceanicAir

Replacements:
01. Android Sophia
02. Weemadarthur

Sure, I will join!

RetroMG

Sure, I will join!

You're on the list, Mister Owl.

At this point, I'm not updating the list live in-thread, because we have waaaay more people signed up than can actually play. I may cut off signups a little sooner - probably 24 hours from first announcement. I do have a spreadsheet, and the priority will go like so:

1. People who have not played in season 5.5 (Modding a 5.5 game does not count as playing)
2. People who have only played in one game, in the order they signed up. (Prisoner's Dilemma does not count.)
3. People who played in more than one 5.5 game
4. People who are still in an active game.

Droplet

Xamxiety.
Town got steamrolled.

I think you're caught up now?

EDIT: Oh, and Gafia has a Discord now. https://discord.gg/0twF7FTfMNAdldh5

Ha, I think I saw both of these just by looking at the results. Congrats Xam, clearly you've come a long ways. :p

Guess I'll look into discord and spectate the wedding wherever that happens.

I was wondering if you were permabanned or something. Welcome back.
Are you less anime now? :)

Nuh uh, I was just taking a break!
I am the most anime.

roytheone

Jay, thanks!

Oh, and btw:

It does, yes. But I'll put you on the list.

Personally, I would not count being a replacement as a "played in a 5.5 game" for these kind of things. Being a replacement can be hard/annoying, but we need them to help keep games going. I would not be against rewarding people that are willing to be a replacement by not counting it for these kind of things.

nin1000

Banned
Jay, thanks!

Oh, and btw:

Personally, I would not count being a replacement as a "played in a 5.5 game" for these kind of things. Being a replacement can be hard/annoying, but we need Nin to help keep games going. I would not be against rewarding people that are willing to be a replacement by not counting it for these kind of things.

Thanks, can't wait to play with/against you

RetroMG

Personally, I would not count being a replacement as a "played in a 5.5 game" for these kind of things. Being a replacement can be hard/annoying, but we need them to help keep games going. I would not be against rewarding people that are willing to be a replacement by not counting it for these kind of things.

I hadn't really thought about it, but this is a good point.

SalvaPot

At this point, I'm not updating the list live in-thread, because we have waaaay more people signed up than can actually play. I may cut off signups a little sooner - probably 24 hours from first announcement. I do have a spreadsheet, and the priority will go like so:

1. People who have not played in season 5.5 (Modding a 5.5 game does not count as playing)
2. People who have only played in one game, in the order they signed up. (Prisoner's Dilemma does not count.)
3. People who played in more than one 5.5 game
4. People who are still in an active game.

Should Matrix count? That was in the same vain as prisoner dilemma, a minigame.

RetroMG

If someone wants to run a bachelor party themed Gafia game, (Gafia 2.5) by all means, go for it. I've got at least 6-7 more people that I can let in currently, and that's not counting the people who signed up as replacements.

Should Matrix count? That was in the same vain as prisoner dilemma, a minigame.

I'm not counting either of the minigames.

Sorian

Banned
Gafia 3 theme? All of the roles are based on us as grizzled vets sitting around in the home.

As long as that one role Ouro made up is in. Alzheimer's patient than can post a day command in the thread to be confirmed town under the flavor that they forget who they are and have to ask staff.

Palmer_v1

Got you

It does, yes. But I'll put you on the list.

I would argue replacements should get a higher priority than people who haven't played. They're much more of a service to the community and we should encourage it as much as we can!

Edit: Oh, Roy said it too, basically.

RetroMG

I want a retirement home themed Gafia.

I've actually had this running joke with a few people about Gafia 2036, with roles like Sorienne (Sorian's daughter, who is incredibly shy and demure,) and Blarghonaught. (Blarg's son, who is basically the Joker.)

Sorian

Banned
I've actually had this running joke with a few people about Gafia 2036, with roles like Sorienne (Sorian's daughter, who is incredibly shy and demure,) and Blarghonaught. (Blarg's son, who is basically the Joker.)

Would you consider my daughter tsundere? I give her my blessing to pursue Blarg's son.

Top Bottom