• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Pokemon Tournament #2

EBCubs03

Banned
I was wondering the same. I hope we don't.. I have to finish up my this team since I forgot all about this tourney.

JCX

I still have two left to finish, but I just remembered that firestorm just got back home. Maybe thats the delay?

jsrv

I just remembered it right now too. I hope I don't forget again if we are to start today or in the next few days.

Firestorm

Alright, sorry I'm late guys. Crazy real life problems popped up, and then I had a family event to attend to today. I got home, realized I had forgotten about this and got stuff set up after racking my brain on how to do things.

There will be 3 pools of 8 people each. Top 5 from each pool will enter a Double Elimination Bracket of 15 people + 1 bye. Fairest way I could do with while giving everyone a lot of chances to battle. This means every person will have at least 7 battles.

Pools were made using the tio tournament program (http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=90655). Seeding was done using the previous tournament's results.

Pool 1
Crazymoogle
Darkpen
explodet
Giard
jsrv
TJ Spyke
Xisiqomelir
yeb

Pool 2
DarthWufei
EBCubs03
EphemeralDream
Jiggy37
jjgames
LRS
NeoForte
RagnarokX

Pool 3
biggyfries
Firestorm
FootNinja
JCX9
Kreed
Schnicktick
temjin
WolfofMebu

You have until September 14th to finish playing everyone in your pool.

Firestorm

All the pools are pretty balanced when you look closely. All based on rankings from before. The tournament program I used is pretty good.

Anyway, posting availability in this thread might be good. I am available probably all day tomorrow and Monday. Once school starts I'll be available most of the day on Monday/Thursday/Friday, not available on Tuesday/Wednesday until night.

My AIM is Fi123storm

EBCubs03

Banned
I'm up for a battle whenever. This is like, the best time to beat me, since I'm drunk and I likely wouldn't play as well.

Edit: Jiggy if you want to battle I will

Jiggy

Ah... should have clarified I'm not available right now either. >_> Kind of working on a project that needs to get done sooner than later.

aww damn, and my work week started today, too.

i will try to be on tonight.

EDIT: i see that my old FC is still on that site. i will try to get it changed asap.

explodet

I got a connection error.
It was obvious who was winning that one, Xisiqomelir.
Match is yours.

Anyway, as I was saying...

Firestorm

Er, post your results too guys >_>

I'm online and ready to battle Pool 3. AIM is the easiest way to reach me as I'll be playing MP3 most likely and looking at my laptop screen for messages.

jsrv

Good game, that was probably the longest match I've ever had (Out of 3). :lol

jsrv vs. Crazymoogle
winner: jsrv

jsrv said:
Good game, that was probably the longest match I've ever had (Out of 3). :lol

jsrv vs. Crazymoogle
winner: jsrv

I was considering bailing early, you had the triple luck checklist that I need for bailing:
-2 status moves overeffective given their accuracy
-crit hit + attack boost + type hit

good match, though, sorta

edit: explodet?

EBCubs03

Banned
LRS said:
Good Match EBCubs03. First battle I've ever had.

LRS vs EBCubs03
Winner- EBCubs03

Wow, you're very good for your first time. You have a good team that I didn't expect at all.

Giard

Nice battle explodet, we both got lucky critical hits :lol

Good luck in the rest of the tournament.

Giard vs explodet
winner: Giard

Wow, close one CrazyMoogle :lol At least I got my revenge from the other tourney ;)

Giard vs CrazyMoogle
winner: Giard

I want to say good game...but I've never seen attack power like that. ever. so random curses, etc.

Firestorm: it was fun to play but I can't continue in the tournament. sorry. Finishing work on the game talked about in another thread is going to blow away any time I might have to make wifi appearances during the week.

Firestorm said:
You sure you can't make it at any time? The deadline is the 14th after all =(

Well, I suppose I could stay in until the deadline, I guess there's a chance I could finish up the other matches on other weekends. But I'd say the odds aren't looking great.

ok, i think im ready.

fyi, i needed to register on the frostitution site to change my FC, and i havent been approved yet. if anyone has traded with me in the past 3 months, then you have my current fc. once Im able to change it on the site, i will. for now, here it is.

4424 8234 9145

(sorry for breaking one of your rules, firestorm!)

Top Bottom