• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF SEPT. 2009 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Quake1028

Do any of you importers/collectors know anything about these Dreamcast-J games?

Virtua Cop 2 (rail shooter)
Sega GT Homologation Special Edition (racing sim)
Gigawing (overhead flying shooter)
Redline Racer (motorcycle racing sim)
Death Crimson 2 (RARE rail shooter)

KanZolo

23us8eu.jpg

Gamestop last week. $9.09 each after coupon and edge card.

ravien56

Picked this up because it was so fucking cheap so why not...
20rmys7.jpg

Just finished the first season of this show, it's so good.

mh6az5.jpg

Just picked this up now.

nbprt5.jpg

Ended up doing a reformat for the mac...Meh I don't think it was worth $40. I feel ripped off.

21b4qz9.jpg

2i9l8o7.jpg

Ended up buying my first cd's in like 10 years.

b3x3zr.jpg

and

ilf1o2.jpg

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
New issue of Arcadia! More frame data <3 !

3905959570_27fc96f188.jpg

Got a box of Dragon Quest IX Character Making Figures while at PAX...

3905958620_6ef5dc0a91.jpg

I wanted to make sure I was able to get all the parts for this...

3905960658_cbfaa8f8ae.jpg

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Gloomfire said:
Do any of you importers/collectors know anything about these Dreamcast-J games?

Virtua Cop 2 (rail shooter)
Sega GT Homologation Special Edition (racing sim)
Gigawing (overhead flying shooter)
Redline Racer (motorcycle racing sim)
Death Crimson 2 (RARE rail shooter)

Yeah, I know you don't need any of them.

Virtua Cop 2 is a fun game, but the DC port is shitty. I think it's a port of the PC version, which wasn't that good. Sega GT is alright, but pretty mediocre fare compared to other Sega offerings like Daytona. Gigawing... eh, it's okay. Again, better stuff exists on the system, like Mars Matrix... actually, Mars Matrix is worlds better. Redline Racer was kinda shitty when it came out, so I can't imagine it being very good now. Death Crimson 2 is possibly the worst rail shooter since Corpse Killer. Yes, I mean it.

MarkMan said:
Got a box of Dragon Quest IX Character Making Figures while at PAX...

3905958620_6ef5dc0a91.jpg

I wanted to make sure I was able to get all the parts for this...

3905960658_cbfaa8f8ae.jpg

Wow, who was selling these at PAX?! I went to every vendor booth, I can't believe I missed these!

Reluctant-Hero said:
Wow, who was selling these at PAX?! I went to every vendor booth, I can't believe I missed these!

Based on the price tag, it's Pink Gorilla Games (formerly known as Pink Godzilla). You could always stop by their Seattle store, they probably have more of them.

Just checked their online inventory, they still have them for $5.99 each. I'm gonna have to stop by and get myself a few of them.

rataven said:
Aww, what are you going to name the little guy? He's (she's?) cute.

Thanks. His name is Dexter. It's my first cat but I'm loving him a lot. He likes to sleep on me no matter what I'm doing.

YO-Q

grap3fruitman said:
A lot of Sega love in this thread lately. Any particular reason?

lol?

10th anniversary system launch in North America was today (yesterday) 9/9/09 Depending on your time zone

so 9/9/99 -- 9/9/09 Dreamcast

so everyone is paying their respect, that's all :lol and reminded about Sega systems

xSL4INx

Haven't posted pick ups in a while, so here goes:

090909230100.jpg

Finally joining the arcade stick club. Picked these up together for $70 as a bundle. Got 8 way octagonal gates, OBSF 30 mm Sanwa buttons & new artwork on the way for both of them. Should be looking pretty next month, just in time for Tekken 6: BR!

090909230200.jpg

My Girlfriend picked this little guy up for me when we were at a convention late last month. <3 Yoshi.

090909230300.jpg

Picked these little guys up for my DS' at the same convention as well.

090909230400.jpg

And Fuck Yeah! LEGO's. I never had LEGO's as a kid and decided being 21 (almost 22) and all now was a good time to start. 10th Anniversary Edition Star Wars LEGO's Darth Vader's Tie Fighter.

KaYotiX

Banned
The first half of the month :D Only downfall this month was my 360 and PS3 both crapped out on me on the same day.....was a bad lightning storm but all my shit was on a GOOD surge protector, really wierd seeing as my TV and home theater is fine. Oh well i guess, the 360 was under warranty and the PS3 i gotta pay for....chalk it up to bad luck

ON with the SHOW!!
DSC00168.jpg

Proc

Max said:
I would also like to know this

martyrs is one fucked up movie.

especially when cage face surfaces...dear god, the way she cut at her arm with that machete is fucking disturbing

Some Pick Ups from PAX:

9428_637599343704_6312708_36106128_5565406_n.jpg

No More Heroes 2 Toilet Paper.

9428_637599348694_6312708_36106129_5783736_n.jpg

NES Games.

9428_637601035314_6312708_36106215_6207098_n.jpg

FF Tactics Advanced.

3906263390_699dc89f78_o.jpg

Ghost in the Shell, Legend of Dragoon.

9428_637802591394_6312708_36115423_6370240_n.jpg

Mega Man Starforce 2, Mega Man 8-Bit T-Shirt.

9428_637802671234_6312708_36115439_5029963_n.jpg

Resident Evil 5 Sand Globes and Tricell Badge.

9428_637802676224_6312708_36115440_3502022_n.jpg

Close-up of Tricell Badge.

9428_638527094484_6312708_36150651_7645403_n.jpg

Battlefield Shirt.

9428_638527099474_6312708_36150652_6341792_n.jpg

Left 4 Dead 2 Shirt.

9428_638527104464_6312708_36150653_7677528_n.jpg

Tekken 6 Shirt.

9428_638527109454_6312708_36150654_3919348_n.jpg

Tekken 6 Shirt Back.

9428_638527114444_6312708_36150655_3209937_n.jpg

nvidia PC Gamer Shirt.

9428_638527119434_6312708_36150656_5410543_n.jpg

9428_638527124424_6312708_36150657_3791150_n.jpg

9428_638527129414_6312708_36150658_4865142_n.jpg

And a Tatsunoko VS Capcom Towel.

Yes Boss!

First, found out there is a Five Guys burger joint about a half mile from my Bolly theater in Artesia. Went to see Deepika in Love Aaj Kal and got a feast before: Cajun fries, Large Bacon Cheeseburger, and Hotdog with Mayo and Jalapeno....don't have to eat for twenty-four hours now. I was gonna take a photo but the food was pretty ugly (though very tasty). Altogether good, but still a far cry from In n' Out.

Got a new Cave box from Arcade Shock. They usually price their Cave kits at obscene mark-up but this one was fairly priced for a new kit (same price as Excellentcom):

P1020288-1.jpg

And Ibara was in it...this compliments my Ibara Kuru quite nicely and all but kills the somewhat murky PS2 disc I've got. That is it, I'm done with PCBs till maybe quarter two of next year. Stuff is far too rich for my blood other than once or twice a year. Though, if I see a nice condition Pink Sweets pop up I'll probably jump. Might have to take the rest of the month off since October is like the hugest month of the year...though do have a few small things en route.

P1020287.jpg

Yes Boss! said:
And Ibara was in it...this compliments my Ibara Kuru quite nicely and all but kills the somewhat murky PS2 disc I've got. That is it, I'm done with PCBs till maybe quarter two of next year. Stuff is far too rich for my blood other than once or twice a year. Though, if I see a nice condition Pink Sweets pop up I'll probably jump. Might have to take the rest of the month off since October is like the hugest month of the year...though do have a few small things en route.

P1020287.jpg

Wow wow wow, awesome.

Great pick up, although I think Ibara Kuro is a far superior game. I really wish we could see a port someday so that others could appreciate it.

BTW, I asked you in another thread but I think you missed it, can you tell me why you were so into that Paper plane game? I might pick it up today at Yodobashi Camera.

Yes Boss!

adversesolutions said:
Wow wow wow, awesome.

Great pick up, although I think Ibara Kuro is a far superior game. I really wish we could see a port someday so that others could appreciate it.

BTW, I asked you in another thread but I think you missed it, can you tell me why you were so into that Paper plane game? I might pick it up today at Yodobashi Camera.

Yeah, I got Kuru PCB last week. The vanilla flavor I got today was rather inexpensive but the Kuru set me back a huge chunk. But it is all cool...wanna get all the Ibaras on PCB. Gosh, I'm dying for a Pink Sweets kit...I'm obsessed with that idea of that game for some reason. I think I saw your top ten list on Shmups forum and you were one of the few to include Kuru (if that was you). I've never played Ibara. Bought them blind because they seem kinda funky. Have checked out my PS2 version for a few minutes but it is difficult to get into because of the murkiness. If you know anybody wanting to part with a good condition Pink Sweets Kit (used is fine, just need all the artwork and stuff) let me know.

With luck, and I say this with all seriousness despite just having bought the PCBs, I'm hoping in the next year or two we get an Ibara for 360 with Original/Kuru/Arrange and some extra goodies. That Deathsmiles release blew me away and the thought of soon getting Mushi Futari and Espgaluda II is mind-blowing.

Paper Plane..the $2 download game for DSi? I dunno why I love it. Just a really addicting endless score attack type quickie that seems everything right about nintendo. I kinda equate it to a modern version of a Game & Watch...used to play those things over and over again on all the ten to fifteen-hour flights I took as a child and Paper Plane gives me the same exact feeling. It is my favorite game this year by a wide margin and I basically had to buy a DSi to ensure that it is always with me. Wish there was a gifting option on the DSi...I'd send it to you.

Ah nice, hey if you have pics of your Kuro kit let me see. I picked up a Kuro poster and it's currently on display in my kitchen. What a seriously hardcore image.

3833328553_7eddee728a.jpg

I'm no Ibara expert, hell I haven't even 1CCed it, in fact the furthest I got was stage 5, but one thing I know is that it bears a certain resemblance to Daifukkatsu in that you are required to go super hardcore in the beginning of stages so that you can get a ton of points afterwards. So with stage 1, you should be doing exactly what the experts are doing in their videos, which is get near the top of the screen at the beginning to get the medal value all the way up. Then the rest of the level is just pure cash (bliss). Then you have to kill yourself occasionally. :lol

Do you have a copy of the superplay DVD? It has a black label run by RAM, which is pretty fucking amazing.

Yes Boss! said:
Yeah, I got Kuru PCB last week. The vanilla flavor I got today was rather inexpensive but the Kuru set me back a huge chunk. But it is all cool...wanna get all the Ibaras on PCB. Gosh, I'm dying for a Pink Sweets kit...I'm obsessed with that idea of that game for some reason. I think I saw your top ten list on Shmups forum and you were one of the few to include Kuru (if that was you). I've never played Ibara. Bought them blind because they seem kinda funky. Have checked out my PS2 version for a few minutes but it is difficult to get into because of the murkiness. If you know anybody wanting to part with a good condition Pink Sweets Kit (used is fine, just need all the artwork and stuff) let me know.

Pink Sweets is one of those games that I'll probably never be able to appreciate, because it turns the entire shooter genre on its head. You don7t shoot so much as you absorb, you have to survive brutal rank increases while increasing your lives to unlock infinite lives. It's known as one of CAVE's hardest games once the rank climbs high enough. I think it's one of those games I'd have to get someone to teach me instead of trying to figure it out myself. Hell there's not even any documentation on it at CAVE, no DVD or anything.

Btw, my current CAVE best to worst list:

Mushihimesama Futari Black Label
Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu ver 1.5
Dodonpachi Daioujou Black Label
Ketsui
Muchi Muchi Pork!
Espgaluda
Guwange
Ibara Kuro : Black Label
Dodonpachi
Deathsmiles ver 1.1
Deathsmiles Mega Black Label
Deathsmiles II
Deathsmiles
Ibara
Progear

With luck, and I say this with all seriousness despite just having bought the PCBs, I'm hoping in the next year or two we get an Ibara for 360 with Original/Kuru/Arrange and some extra goodies. That Deathsmiles release blew me away and the thought of soon getting Mushi Futari and Espgaluda II is mind-blowing.

I can state with confidence that the following games will be coming to NA:

Mushi Futari (region free)
Guwange (announced via Asada blog)
Deathsmiles

So NA will eventually share the love. As for J360, yes Esp2 with Yagawa and Ikeda modes are boner inducing.

Paper Plane..the $2 download game for DSi? I dunno why I love it. Just a really addicting endless score attack type quickie that seems everything right about nintendo. I kinda equate it to a modern version of a Game & Watch...used to play those things over and over again on all the ten to fifteen-hour flights I took as a child and Paper Plane gives me the same exact feeling. It is my favorite game this year by a wide margin and I basically had to buy a DSi to ensure that it is always with me. Wish there was a gifting option on the DSi...I'd send it to you.

It's mine after work.

Yes Boss!

adversesolutions said:
Ah nice, hey if you have pics of your Kuro kit let me see. I picked up a Kuro poster and it's currently on display in my kitchen. What a seriously hardcore image.

Here it is. It is from the small run that fujita was just recently offering. Like AMI's final stock or something, complete and legit (though no white Cave sticker for whatever reason). I got that poster you have with it and I'm mounting and framing for my wall.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=17437833&postcount=226

Paper Plane is totally worth it for $2. When I say score attack, I just mean it in the sense that you rack up a point every time you survive another wall. This and Dotstream for GBA are my favorite handheld games. Your milage may vary since Paper Plane is simple but for $2 it is worth a try.

Oh yeah, I put the little move card for Kuru in my cabinet. Makes the cabinet look slick and ready for business...I'll probably make a color copy at Kinkos and replace it in a month so I don't need to worry about it getting faded.

P1020246.jpg

Bluforce

doopqv.jpg

2hd0ak2.jpg

s4c8dl.jpg

My consumption record is 3,0 Litres x 100 KM, 78.4 MPG for Americans.
My average consumption is 5,0 Litres x 100 KM, 47 MPG for Americans.

eXistor

After hearing nothing but good things since its release I've finally decided to get Alundra. For some weird reason I've never played the game before now, it always looked like something I'd greatly enjoy, but it just never happened. So, I'm about to play it for the first time in a few seconds, can't wait! Mint condition too btw.

DSC00398.jpg

Gagaman

meppi said:
New arrivals from yesterday. :)

DC3.jpg

DC2.jpg

Blue Sub No.6, Napple tale and Choco Marker? God dam, those are some had to find games (some of the very few for the Dreamcast I want actually). How much did they set you back? I know the Choco one in particular goes for insane prices sometimes.

rocK`

Banned
Yes Boss! said:
Here it is. It is from the small run that fujita was just recently offering. Like AMI's final stock or something, complete and legit (though no white Cave sticker for whatever reason). I got that poster you have with it and I'm mounting and framing for my wall.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=17437833&postcount=226

Paper Plane is totally worth it for $2. When I say score attack, I just mean it in the sense that you rack up a point every time you survive another wall. This and Dotstream for GBA are my favorite handheld games. Your milage may vary since Paper Plane is simple but for $2 it is worth a try.

Oh yeah, I put the little move card for Kuru in my cabinet. Makes the cabinet look slick and ready for business...I'll probably make a color copy at Kinkos and replace it in a month so I don't need to worry about it getting faded.

P1020246.jpg

Where did you get your Cab?

Gagaman said:
Blue Sub No.6, Napple tale and Choco Marker? God dam, those are some had to find games (some of the very few for the Dreamcast I want actually). How much did they set you back? I know the Choco one in particular goes for insane prices sometimes.

Napple Tale is rare? I imported it when it first came out and still have my copy. Good to know!

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Yes Boss! said:

So which version of Ibara do you like better. I only had a brief chance to play Kuro, but I think I prefer the original... feels more "Raizing-ish" to me.

Yes Boss! said:

Yes Boss! You have some of the best pick-up pics this month!

Bluforce said:
2hd0ak2.jpg

My consumption record is 3,0 Litres x 100 KM, 78.4 MPG for Americans.
My average consumption is 5,0 Litres x 100 KM, 47 MPG for Americans.

Blu-force congrats! I love Honda designs, they have a mecha quality to it even if they're supposed to be sensible vehicles. How's the interior, just as futuristic? Any pics?

sept09us.jpg

American PS2 so I can play all those RPGs we never got (I've got Radiata Stories, PM me with other recommendations to import! Considering Suikoden 3!)

Also, Dirt 2. Woo!

Top Bottom