• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF SEPT. 2009 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

FOOTE

New iPhone- I needed a camera, I needed a new phone, I needed a new ipod so I bought the 3G, it does it's job so I'm happy with it.. pftt plus I bought I Am T-Pain(jeebus I'm easily entertained :D )
IMG_0028.jpg

New Blu Ray/ game rack.. God I needed more space, old one is on the right
IMG_0027.jpg

This week pick-ups (more still coming):

Some DVDs:

games001.jpg

games002-1.jpg

US 360 games: the incredible bad Score Baja 1000 and Gears of War 2 LE (I already had the normal edition, trade it and got a brand new LE)

games009-1.jpg

games004.jpg

European 360 games: My Horse and Me 2 (I know...) and How Wheels French Edition

games010.jpg

games011.jpg

And a bunch of Japanese 360 games: Tetris the Grand Master (used but in great shape), Trusty Bell (also used) and brand new ones: Magna Carta II with pre-order bonus, Operation Darkness, Shikigami no Shiro III (now by 360 shmup collection is almost complete, still missing Shooting Love and the Japanese RFA).

games005.jpg

games008-1.jpg

games003-1.jpg

games006.jpg

games007-1.jpg

And.... the support, not the wheel (sorry about the mess):

games012.jpg

Some digital games:

XBLA Sonic & Knuckes:
cboxsonicandknuckles.jpg

Steam Street Fighter IV and Trackmania:

steam1-2.jpg

steam2-1.jpg

Today I finally got the Windows port of Britney's Dance Beat.

2i97b74.jpg

I've had it for PS2 and GBA for a few years, but forgot all about this one. The screenshots look pretty different from the awesome PS2 version, but we'll see how it plays.

Machine said:
Ticket and concert shirt from the show the other night
9-10-09pickups002.jpg

Very cool. I picked up that shirt too, last Friday night in Atlanta. The Circus rocks. Nice shirt choice too, that black one was the best of the bunch. I really liked the white ringleader one as well, ended up buying that one alongside this one.

Yes Boss!

Chiaroscuro said:
LOTS OF STUFF.

Wow, you are a 360 title buying machine. I also finally ordered Shiki III after putting it off for like a year.

Chacranajxy said:
So which version of Ibara do you like better. I only had a brief chance to play Kuro, but I think I prefer the original... feels more "Raizing-ish" to me.

Oh, I've never even played either of them. Don't really know. It did put Kuru in for a few minutes and it seemed neater. Who knows, I might not even care for them but reading about the extreme challenge and dynamic ranking sounded cool. I did get to check out Garegga though...I'll probably tackle that one first. I've kinda been playing my Batsugun which is incredibly fun, refreshing, and fast paced with upbeat music. Like a cool bridge title. Elevator Action Returns is in San Francisco right now so it will probably be delivered tomorrow!

rocK` said:
Where did you get your Cab?

I imported it last month and had it boated across the Pacific. Though I've seen a bunch listed recently. Saw another Egret II listed on Craig's List this week but the seller was in one of the southern states...and wanted pick-up.

JEKKI

ayo I got dat boom boom pow aka digital downloads!!

2ebr8ki.jpg

11speea.jpg

rsrkf6.jpg

29vb31g.jpg

I wouldve downloaded Cuban Linx 2 as well, but the amazon price is only $.50 cheaper than a retail copy o_O

F

finskninja

Unconfirmed Member
GalacticAE said:
Thanks. His name is Dexter. It's my first cat but I'm loving him a lot. He likes to sleep on me no matter what I'm doing.

Yeah kittens rock! I miss my cats as hell, had to put one to sleep and the other was lucky enough to have the vet take it to her home instead, worst day of my life when i had to go through that. If i had to watch the cat that got a new home go to sleep aswell i would have been devastated. Not easy as they were part of our family. My kid became allergic to cats so we had to let them go. But we had the luxury of having them from when they were kittens, such a awsome time it was!

Your cat reminds me of my cat Yoshie that got to live :) Also black and white :D Give it a hug from me.

Yes Boss!

SnowWolf said:
Have you ever taken a photo with all your sticks together?

OK, I did a photo for you. Quick and dirty, so don't mind the mess since I've been working on my cabinet. It was quite a chore getting them together. Please, no rousting about excess, I already know. And, yes, It it is too many...maybe I'll take a break next year...likely moving to South Carolina and Texas early next year anyways....kinda why I've been buying a lot lately. I actually forgot how pretty some of these were...my HRAP/VSHG mod from last year is real nice, especially in light of the my recent pick-up of the official stick. That said, it has been a fun two years. Seems to be about thirty. I feel for you MarkMan.

P1020305.jpg

P1020306.jpg

Gagaman

Gloomfire said:
Do any of you importers/collectors know anything about these Dreamcast-J games?

Virtua Cop 2 (rail shooter)
Sega GT Homologation Special Edition (racing sim)
Gigawing (overhead flying shooter)
Redline Racer (motorcycle racing sim)
Death Crimson 2 (RARE rail shooter)
Virtual Cop 2 is a port of the PC port of the Saturn port of the arcade. It's alright if you're desperate for a DC light gun game.

Sega GT isn't very good, and with Death Crimson 2 you're better off getting the enhanced update Death Crimson OX. Gigawing is badass, get it.

Redline Racer is pretty naff, they made a much improved version over here called Suzuki Alstare Racing though even that's pretty average.

ASilva

Neo Member
img8261.jpg

Getting ready for Forza 3!!!!:D

Just need somewhere to put it. I live in Portugal and it's really hard to come across something good for that. I can get a wheel stand pro but if i want to use it with the G25/DFGT in the future it doesn't work or the Speed Black but i have read some really bad reviews. Can't get a playseat because of the space either.

Ahh, well...:lol

Madds

Chiaroscuro said:
This week pick-ups (more still coming):

And.... the support, not the wheel (sorry about the mess):

games012.jpg

That wheel support is perfect! Where did you get it? (Beats the folding table I'm currently using.)

Also, that Japanese Magna Carta 2 artwork is soooooo much better than the one they are planning to use for the American release.

JEKKI said:

29vb31g.jpg

I wouldve downloaded Cuban Linx 2 as well, but the amazon price is only $.50 cheaper than a retail copy o_O

Great album, not quite cuban linx 1 which was a all time classic, but close. Hip Hop needs more Raekwons.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Yes Boss! said:
feel for you MarkMan.

Nice!

I bet that took forever to unpack/box back up! I never wanna do anything like that again! haha.

You have one pictured that I never thought about getting, the Wii Neo Stick 2! Exar !!! *choking motion* !

30 is a nice number. I started posting random pics of my stick pickups on my Facebook album... I counted the other day and I'm at 126 (will hit 128 by this weekend X_X ) !

LiK

Yes Boss! said:
OK, I did a photo for you. Quick and dirty, so don't mind the mess since I've been working on my cabinet. It was quite a chore getting them together. Please, no rousting about excess, I already know. And, yes, It it is too many...maybe I'll take a break next year...likely moving to South Carolina and Texas early next year anyways....kinda why I've been buying a lot lately. I actually forgot how pretty some of these were...my HRAP/VSHG mod from last year is real nice, especially in light of the my recent pick-up of the official stick. That said, it has been a fun two years. Seems to be about thirty. I feel for you MarkMan.

you have the DC joystick. one of my fave sticks of all time. i love you.

Volcynika

Woo, package arrived from PlayAsia!

(not the game, I already had taht but didn't picture it earlier)

3149n9i.jpg

:D

Not pictured: Wild ARMs XF purchased from PSN.

Madds said:
That wheel support is perfect! Where did you get it? (Beats the folding table I'm currently using.)

Custom made by a guy here in Brazil, he offers several different models for PC/360/PS3 wheels. It is made of solid wood, and heights a ton (which is good for stability). And it folds too (easily because of the pneumatic connectors) so I can store it in a pratical way. It has special support for the pedals and although I still think they stay too close from you body I still believe this support has the best cost/benefict ratio and works pretty well for my 360.

Madds said:
Also, that Japanese Magna Carta 2 artwork is soooooo much better than the one they are planning to use for the American release.

Strange that they change the US artwork (Europe will be getting the same as the Japanese edition). I will get the US release as well (I already got the Korean and the Japanese ones).

Yes Boss! said:
OK, I did a photo for you. Quick and dirty, so don't mind the mess since I've been working on my cabinet. It was quite a chore getting them together. Please, no rousting about excess, I already know. And, yes, It it is too many...maybe I'll take a break next year...likely moving to South Carolina and Texas early next year anyways....kinda why I've been buying a lot lately. I actually forgot how pretty some of these were...my HRAP/VSHG mod from last year is real nice, especially in light of the my recent pick-up of the official stick. That said, it has been a fun two years. Seems to be about thirty. I feel for you MarkMan. [Large Joystick Collection and huge WIN!!]

No....you unpacked them and broke the seal. You have a great collection. I stopped at 10.

Drame

Pangya said:
Did you buy the manga too? I did and... regretted it. I should have stuck with just the anime.

Nope. Lately, I have been on a light novel binge, so most of my book purchases are light novels.

Also, I heard about how sucky the Geass manga is, so I decided to give the light novel a spin instead :lol.

Amir0x

Banned
RockBandAndMorePurchases.jpg

+ Resistance, Ratchet, Valkyria Chronicles, etc
+ a shitload of PSN titles (Siren, Noby Noby Boy, Cuboid, Flower, etc)

I picked up a bunch of Blu-Rays but they haven't arrived yet.

HUELEN10

Amir0x said:
RockBandAndMorePurchases.jpg

+ Resistance, Ratchet, Valkyria Chronicles, etc
+ a shitload of PSN titles (Siren, Noby Noby Boy, Cuboid, Flower, etc)

I picked up a bunch of Blu-Rays but they haven't arrived yet.
Nice going Amir0x! I'm glad you finally got Valkyria, you are gonna love it! So many great PS3 titles to play, yet how in the heck are you gonna determine the order? Enjoy The Beatles, it's great!

Fox the Sly

JEKKI said:

29vb31g.jpg

respekknuckles.jpg

It's a very good album. I like how it picks up where the first one left off. My favorite track so far (only listened through once) is Surgical Gloves. That beat is nasty and grimy. :D

Bluforce

memecomplex said:
Blu-force congrats! I love Honda designs, they have a mecha quality to it even if they're supposed to be sensible vehicles. How's the interior, just as futuristic? Any pics?
Thanx!
Just this for now, soon I will do other pictures, specially with the dashboard enlightened at night.
4h2wxz.jpg

Ken Masters said:
Sorry?

Yes Boss! said:

P1020305.jpg

P1020306.jpg

Jesus. How much did you spend
waste
on all those sticks?

Ajay1986

Got round to updating the TV in my chill-out room. Got a 32" Samsung Series 5 LCD.

dsc00623y.jpg

Some of my other purchases from this month which I stuck in the picture to show you.

X-Men Noir and Spiderman Noir Hardbacks.
Rome Boxset
Dirt 2

ASilva

Neo Member
NinjaMouse said:
Did the wheels recently go on sale or something? There's an abnormal influx of wheels in thi month's pickup thread. Just asking :D

Forza 3 man! I wouldn't want to wait for them to be all sold out so i bought mine already:D

Yes Boss!

MarkMan said:
Nice!

I bet that took forever to unpack/box back up! I never wanna do anything like that again! haha.

You have one pictured that I never thought about getting, the Wii Neo Stick 2! Exar !!! *choking motion* !

30 is a nice number. I started posting random pics of my stick pickups on my Facebook album... I counted the other day and I'm at 126 (will hit 128 by this weekend X_X ) !

No Wii stick for the Neo Geo? That is one of my favorites...only way I can play Neo Geo on VC. And it was my second stick about two years ago. I'm committed to a few more this year. Twin Stick get! I was supposed to get another Saturn stick in today, from Canada, but it never arrived The small fake Astro City stick....maybe tomorrow. Still looking for the big dual Astro Control Panel...I'd like to buy another arcade monitor and put it on my desk and run all my Saturn shooters through it in tate mode. And want some more Wii Sticks!

Top Bottom