• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF SEPT. 2009 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

G_Berry

Banned
Hazimov said:
:D

2e6bzah.jpg

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=17620113&postcount=2791

Hahah the shoe thrower guy, what a legend.

Gagaman

OMG Aero said:
PunchOut.jpg

I was getting some food from ASDA today and saw Punch Out for £15. I've been waiting for it be lower in price for a while so I decided to get it.
Thanks for pointing that out. I went over to an Asda to see if it was still that price and not only was it £15, but it was in a 2 for £25 deal. Most of the games were Party junk, so for a laugh I ended up getting Mad Dog McGree :lol

33kfx43.jpg

Some other stuff from the last month or so:

iypyrr.jpg

Gagaman said:
Thanks for pointing that out. I went over to an Asda to see if it was still that price and not only was it £15, but it was in a 2 for £25 deal. Most of the games were Party junk, so for a laugh I ended up getting Mad Dog McGree :lol ]

I still really want to buy Mad Dog McCree. It's tough to find 'round here, but for a fan of the game, I don't think I'll ever find a better version to pick up.

Also, Let's Tap. <3 Awesome game, one of my favorites of the year.

jRPG

99e03n.jpg

Latest pick ups. Edge, GamesTM and Neo magazines, Gantz vol. 6, Silent Mobius: Complete Edition vol. 1, Yotsuba&! vol. 1 & 2 (Yen Press versions). Dissidia for PSP and Stephen King's The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger (I've read most of King's stuff but never ventured into The Dark Tower books yet, so I'm looking forward to it). And Wispa Gold :D. Never had one for years!

MoxManiac said:
Why do you have a game that doesn't use the 4mb cart pictured with the 4mb cart?

yea...that isn't a 4MB cart...that is the ST key...it is the plain jane convertor and you can't use it with games that do use the 4MB carts...
the action replays have the 4MB built in...

woodypop

Yes Boss! said:
The only ones I've gotten to are Batsugun and Thunderforce genny 1&2. I've only glimpsed at RS. But if it is as tough as Ikaruga then I might not like it. Seems more reasonable. Ikaruga is just too hard and un-fun for my head. The drama surrounding RS is a bit of a turn-off as well.
Count me as another who prefers RS over Ikaruga. It's got more sheer variety (weapon types, backgrounds, bosses, color palette) and though I can't understand a lick of the dialogue, I like the interspersed anime drama. Oh, and the music rocks, too.

I keep hearing good things about Batsugun and hope to check it out sometime.

SuperPac

Label said:
Woo yeah! Years worth of XBL for £1 :D I just wish they had more than one. :(

Don't those cards expire though? Did you input the code and does it still work? That looks like an XBL kit from the XB1 days...

SuperPac said:
Don't those cards expire though? Did you input the code and does it still work? That looks like an XBL kit from the XB1 days...

they have expiration dates but they're still usable. Mine was expired for 2 years before I used it and it worked. They're very hard to find now :(

SuperPac said:
I read that the codes were still working like only a year back, worth a shot for £1 anyway.

I just brought Fable 2 goty but i'll make a post later this month when I have more then 1 game to show.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Today's pickup. Found Mirror's Edge and Fable 2 both new really cheap. Haruhi finally getting a localized release here so i went and bought it. Also got Blue Flowers ( Aoi Hana ) since i really liked the anime, was surprised to find that some publisher picked it up.

.hacked

B-day stuff :D

33c3s4n.jpg

New Shaving Set

34qvbrq.jpg

211lbwn.jpg

Zune HD 32gb

23jmhon.jpg

threadless credit

29ks8hu.jpg

Primeval vol 2
Sanctuary season 1

2n1f4eo.jpg

Xmen Blurays

sqh6yw.jpg

more blurays (I <3 Postman)

oqm0p3.jpg

MUA2
NFS Shift
Wireless wheel

f20kcj.jpg

Metallica tickets

2u8i6hi.jpg

Mini Cooper / Mustang GT Cake :D

sept09yotsu.jpg

Gacha Gacha Next Revolution Volume 10 :D
Yotsuba Vol 6! Glad Del Rey picked this series up!!

sept09pron.jpg

Suikoden III US import :D Finally I can say I've played them all :D
And yes. Blu-ray imported cosplay filth. Without censorship, would be a 8/10. As it stands, I'd give it a 6. :p

Drame

PetriP-TNT said:
Where did you buy this for 40€?!?

From the good ol' Gigantti, they're having somekind of birthday sale or something.

It was madness, I tell you! In the morning, there was like 50ish people waiting in front of the doors, only to buy NHL!

Yes Boss!

Sega Saturn Shooters:

P1020348.jpg

And some more:

P1020349.jpg

The really rare Treasure platformer:

P1020343.jpg

Gonna go through this one with a FAQ:

P1020346.jpg

New White Analog Controller with the game for my system:

P1020342.jpg

Some arcade ashtrays for my arcade units:

P1020337.jpg

Atomiswave motherboard for my cabinet:

P1020344.jpg

Fist of the North Star for my Atomiswave:

P1020345.jpg

speakers.jpg
trine.jpg
dissidia.jpg

Picked up a pair of desktop speakers (Logitech Z-10) and a mouse with a non-broken right button (Logitech MX518). Also grabbed Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, Trine, and the European limited edition of Dissidia: Final Fantasy.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
SuperPac said:

Sure is one of the Xbox 1 Kits, and yeah it still worked, I was not sure whether it would still work or not though, but I thought for £1 you cannot really go wrong. :D

LiK

Label said:
Sure is one of the Xbox 1 Kits, and yeah it still worked, I was not sure whether it would still work or not though, but I thought for £1 you cannot really go wrong. :D

that's insane. but i'm not surprised they didn't clear out the old codes. they still have a ton of old gamertags that noone uses anymore in the database. MS, start those purges!

woodypop

Yes Boss! said:
Sega Saturn Shooters:

P1020348.jpg
In the Hunt! <3

Some people dislike the game because of its slower pace, but I quite enjoy it for that very same reason. And the graphics animations are so amazingly detailed!

zmet

Monster World Complete Collection Original Soundtrack
sep15.jpg

Contains music from Monster Land (Arcade), Monster World II (Game Gear and SMS FM version), Monster World III (/Genesis/Mega Drive), and Monster World IV (Mega Drive) on 2 CDs.

Drame said:
Wait a minute that's a region free Blu-Ray?

Well it works on my PAL PS3. Although I have quite a few US and Japanese blu-rays, most of them work fine on it. Just the odd one or two get thrown back out.

Drame

Android18a said:
Well it works on my PAL PS3. Although I have quite a few US and Japanese blu-rays, most of them work fine on it. Just the odd one or two get thrown back out.

Oh, I thought that most of the Japanese Blu-Rays would be locked.
Actually, I'm quite surprised to see a cosplay av without region locking.

Those could make a perfect gag gift.

Asian Blu-Rays are the same region as North Ameria, A.

Cant0na said:
WTF, thats messed up. 80$

you basically got the game for 30$ + the awesome controller. wonder if Bestbuy will price match..... :(

It's a GameStop exclusive in the US.

LiK

Drame said:
Oh, I thought that most of the Japanese Blu-Rays would be locked.
Actually, I'm quite surprised to see a cosplay av without region locking.

Those could make a perfect gag gift.

i would gladly accept such a gift ;D

Top Bottom