• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF SEPT. 2009 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

_DSC0004.jpg

got some p rod triple's for 40, pretty much more than 50% off the actual price

skated in them a bit, and decided i don't like them :(
they're just going to be a chilling shoe i guess

CiSTM

Banned
Gagaman said:
Some other stuff from the last month or so:

iypyrr.jpg

:mad:

There is only one way to play The Chaos Engine, and that my friend is the Amiga way.
ulpwh.png

Playing it with SNES, Megadrive, DOS, etc. is just way to ruin the experience ;)

Gagaman

CiSTM said:
:mad:

There is only one way to play The Chaos Engine, and that my friend is the Amiga way.

Playing it with SNES, Megadrive, DOS, etc. is just way to ruin the experience ;)
It was cheap! I've been looking for the CD32 version for a while but it hasn't come across my way just yet, so this will do for now. I did replace my Mega Drive version of cannon Fodder with the CD32 version if that makes yo feel any better.

Android18a said:
About £17 with free shipping from YesAsia. They've got quite a few :p

Wow, that's cheap! Gonna hunt down a copy now ;) I bought one of the first, maybe the first JAV Blu-ray when it came out and it was like £30+ shipped :O Well worth it though! ;) :D

CiSTM

Banned
Gagaman said:
It was cheap! I've been looking for the CD32 version for a while but it hasn't come across my way just yet, so this will do for now.I did replace my Mega Drive version of cannon Fodder with the CD32 version if that makes yo feel any better.

Strange, but I do feel better now ;)

Every Gaffer who owns Amiga is one of the cool guys.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Liquidus said:
Nothing but love to SnowWolf who sent me this beautiful pamphlet. You're the fucking man!
http://i25.tinypic.com/103wqrt.jpg
[IMG]http://i25.tinypic.com/2zee9si.jpg
[IMG]http://i26.tinypic.com/24eax48.jpg[/QUOTE]

Glad you got it safe and sound! It wasn't doing anything sitting in my closet anyway :)

Gagaman

CiSTM said:

I grew up with the Amiga, though sadly i don't have the room for an Amiga computer anymore so the CD32 console does the job. Still need to get a mouse for it though to play Cannon Fodder how I remember it best. The mouse control really made that game special.

Donos

MiniBossman said:
termination.jpg

Not the type of pick up I wanted. It's not even pink!

(Also I scanned this --didn't photograph -- cause I had to sign it and send it back)

Sorry man. That's hard in this times ... Hope your next pickup isn't a Shotgun ;)

MiniBossman said:
termination.jpg

(Also I scanned this --didn't photograph -- cause I had to sign it and send it back)

Damn, My condolences sir.... :-(

P.S. Still need Raiden Figher Aces? if so.....you may want to PM me your address.....

Coldsnap

vocelcius said:
Windows 7 Professional x64 (thank you MSDNAA) + Gears of War pc:

Make sure you update through windows live ass backward update system before you play or you will end up like me and chuck it in a closet for a few weeks when it doesn't work.

Yes Boss!

I picked up two cabinets yesterday. Was way to tired to move them both upstairs so I just popped my Neo 26 in my storage unit and and also took the New Astro City into storage. This new egret is one sweet machine. Does it all. Love my new prop ashtray. Bought it well before I new I was getting a Taito machine.

P1020355.jpg

Yes Boss! said:
I picked up two cabinets yesterday. Was way to tired to move them both upstairs so I just popped my Neo 26 in my storage unit and and also took the New Astro City into storage. This new egret is one sweet machine. Does it all. Love my new prop ashtray. Bought it well before I new I was getting a Taito machine.

Envy filled Junior feels envious....
Man, sometimes being married with kids plain sucks :-(

Plus, my gaming room is in the attic...I could NOT get an arcade machine up there....

Awesome pickups Yes Boss!

Yeah about the whole getting laid off thing, it really blows. Basically my company lost a contract, and can't keep people around doing nothing. Thanks for your well wishes everyone.

I'm hopeful to find something quickly, because after November 1st no hiring happens here until next year.

Yes Boss!

MiniBossman said:
Awesome pickups Yes Boss!

Yeah about the whole getting laid off thing, it really blows. Basically my company lost a contract, and can't keep people around doing nothing. Thanks for your well wishes everyone.

I'm hopeful to find something quickly, because after November 1st no hiring happens here until next year.

You should land on your feet. The only time I was laid off was late last decade because I was working for Allergan in Irvine and they lost their FDA approval to continue blind studies for Botox (it wasn't cosmetic at the time but instead for headaches/migraines). Within a year the thing went blockbuster and I could have gone back but had moved on. It was a shitty feeling to be laid-off, for sure.

Nakazato

MiniBossman said:
termination.jpg

sorry to hear man. I just got laid off myself :\

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Yes Boss! said:

P1020355.jpg

I can't even keep up with all the shit you're getting now, but man are you getting some good stuff. Atomiswave ftw!

Still working on getting to that point, myself.

Halvie

Banned
Yes Boss! said:

P1020355.jpg

Were those the two from the proserpine on neo-geo? They look awesome++

Yes Boss!

Halvie said:
Were those the two from the proserpine on neo-geo? They look awesome++

No, he had two but I only bought one. That is just the reflection in my mirrored wall. Wish I could have afforded two but that would have been a ton of money. I'd want the better Egret 2 anyways. Yeah, he was a great guy. His dad was super-swell and helped my tie down both cabinets for the 400-mile journey home.

Chacranajxy said:
I can't even keep up with all the shit you're getting now, but man are you getting some good stuff. Atomiswave ftw!

Still working on getting to that point, myself.

Yeah,

I'm so pissed I did not buy Dolphin Bue in early 2008 like I wanted. Now the sucker is impossible to find. Still, the only other game I wanted for the system was Fist of the North Star so that will keep me happy.

Here is the other cabinet I picked up. This little guy is a monster. Like ridiculously heavy and solid metal and from the early nineties when I was graduating high-school. It has an absolute perfect monitor that rotates with the touch of your pinky. The idea is to take it to an auto-body shop and get it professionally painted then convert it into my Saturn cabinet since I now have about twenty-five games both vertical-tated/horizontal. I'm also putting in an MVS so I can play my three favorite Neo-Geo carts: Blue's Journey/Nam 1975/Andro Dunos.

P1020367.jpg

LQX

MiniBossman said:
termination.jpg

Wow, was it your fault? There is not even a "we are sorry or regret to inform you...". Anyway, good luck.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Yes Boss! said:
No, he had two but I only bought one. That is just the reflection in my mirrored wall. Wish I could have afforded two but that would a ton of money. Yeah, he was a great guy. His dad was super-swell and helped my tie down both cabinets for the 400-mile journey home.

Yeah,

I'm so pissed I did not buy Dolphin Bue in early 2008 like I wanted. Now the sucker is impossible to find. Still, the only other game I wanted for the system was Fist of the North Star so that will keep me happy.

I thought coinopexpress still had Dolphin Blue, or at least had it listed as being available within 5-10 days or whatever.... it was like $300 which is certainly more than I'd want to drop on that game, but it can be found without too much hassle.

Yes Boss!

Chacranajxy said:
I thought coinopexpress still had Dolphin Blue, or at least had it listed as being available within 5-10 days or whatever.... it was like $300 which is certainly more than I'd want to drop on that game, but it can be found without too much hassle.

Last time I checked it was $400+. I don't think coinopexpress has it on hand anyways...they are more like a middleman who goes after material if you request and pay for it at their price. I asked Fujita because they had it for 20,000 yen but they said it was unavailable. I'm thinking of emailing Yumi back to see if she can source it.

Edit: looks like 300 for the cart...seems a bit steep for me. I'd pay that for the kit but maybe $200 for the cart. Damn, I really do want to play that game though...like, for years I've been craving.

screenshot_01-22.jpg

Intruder_qc

Neo Member
CiSTM said:

If I have several Amigas does it make me even more cooler? :lol

Yah I have an Amiga 500 (2 actually), an Amiga 4000/040 and also a CD-32!

And someone in my storage room I have the Chaos Engine for the CD-32, have to find it...

I miss those old days of C= and the Amiga snif snif :-(.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Kadey said:
Is that Jekki? He looks like he should be in a comedy. :lol

No, JEKKI is too fast to be captured on film.

---

Dolphin Blue! That game is like... the one EVERYONE tried to get rid of when first getting their Atomiswave boards... when my friends and I had one that's all we could find!

HnK is awesome though, still one of my favorite game intros.

nny

Android18a said:
sept09yotsu.jpg

Gacha Gacha Next Revolution Volume 10 :D
Yotsuba Vol 6! Glad Del Rey picked this series up!!

Yotsuba&! 6 is finallly out?? brb...

*orders book*

...thanks for posting this pic! )

G_Berry

Banned
FaithRaven said:
Consider upgrading the CPU and RAM, you ain't using even half of that video card with the current setup.

huh? As long as it never drops below 60fps (it doesnt) who gives a shit.

LQX said:
Wow, was it your fault? There is not even a "we are sorry or regret to inform you...". Anyway, good luck.

It wasn't my fault. Just a victim of numbers. My company lost its contract when it came up for renewal, so all of us who were working on the project got shown the door. Its stupid but unfortunately the way the part of the economy I work in works.

nny said:
Yotsuba&! 6 is finallly out?? brb...

*orders book*

...thanks for posting this pic! )

Yup. Some sites are pre-ordering up to vol 8/9 too.

Maybe I'm nucking futs, though, but the translations seem kind of awkward in this book. A little bit like it's directly translated without any real re-reading to see what makes sense.

The sound effects are a bit annoying too :p It keeps the Japanese, but then gives the "reading" for the Japanese, then English in brackets. So it's like (randomy noise) "Chipu chipu (Chirp chirp)" for a bird. I'd sooner they just wrote Chirp Chirp.

Gagaman

Yes Boss! said:
Ok this is getting crazy man, you post stuff what seems like every single day. How many cabs do you own now? Holy Christ. :lol

.hacked

FallenCow said:
Fancy! What kind of razor set is that (link? :))? Impressions on the zune and shaving kit?

The razor is a safety razor from http://www.theartofshaving.com/

Really nice kit, not something you want to rush with or you'll nick yourself. There is just something so refreshing about shaving in the morning with it.

The Zune HD has been pretty cool so far, great screen, software has improved 10 fold and it even adds songs I buy on itunes automatically (guess because there is no dmr now). I can totally see ditching ipods if the Zune keeps this up, just a wonderful little gadget.

Ledsen

Netto-kun said:
Missing tickets to TGS. Gonna eat cheap stuffs for the remaining September and October.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v507/hansuramu/purchase/SSL21500.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v507/hansuramu/purchase/SSL21501.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

You can only buy tickets in advance for the business days right? Not for the public days?

Top Bottom