• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF SEPT. 2009 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

jaydogg691

dork said:
74Kw4.jpg
Damn you. 4 more days. :(

New pickups, and since my old post is buried a few pages back I'll just do a new one:

16GB iPod Touch (second gen, not that newfangled 3rd gen nonsense, which I could only find in the 8GB version)
0909181341000-1.jpg

My second attempt to buy Metal-GAF's suggestions on music. This time I went the itunes route, since I still couldnt find anything in stores or even on amazon.ca (could have shipped up from the States if I was willing to pay import fees, but ~$30+ per album after taxes/shipping/import is too rich for my blood). Pick ups are Seventh Wonder's "Mercy Falls", Symphony X's "The Odyssey" and Pain of Salvation's "Remedy Lane" and "The Perfect Element".
0909161342001.jpg
0909161342000.jpg

Not digging the Pain of Salvation albums in their entirety, though there's some great individual tracks. Seventh Wonder and Symphony X, however, are pure gold and I'll definitely be buying more of their work.

Also (not pictured) I upgraded to Photobucket Pro so I can keep sharing with all the GAFfers that dont give a damn about my pictures.

Struct09

Proc said:
are microsoft still banning people who play it early?

They were only banning people who got it illegitimately. I guess they have ways of determining if people were playing the pirated copy. I went to the "Policing XBL" panel at PAX and Stepto talked about it some.

If you bought it from a retailer you have nothing to worry about.

eXistor

This might just be the right place to ask: I'm looking to buy an arcade cabinet of a classic arcade game (Space Invaders, Pacman you know the ones), however, I live in the Netherlands I I have absolutely no clue where to get one of these. In the US you can find them left and right it seems, but I don't wanna know what the shipping costs are.

So: you guys know a good international seller that won't make me pay out of my ass?

2gsohae.jpg

Wired Apple Keyboard - Mainly got it for the 2 USB ports,
Infinity Gauntlet - Now I have all 3 Infinity series, Gauntlet, War, Crusade
DJ Shadow's Entroducing... - Wanted a new Electronica album, but didn't know what to get. Picked up somethjing at kinda random
And some school books.

Gotta save what little I have left for the blink show next Thursday.

Dmrk42

Neo Member
Waited until i got Katamari to post but quite a good month:D but i am now dry as a bone for money.

I think i prefer the UK boxart for katamari over the NA version.

Had to catch up on my American Dad DVD's and i just had to get Tom and Jerry when i saw it.

34fz67n.jpg

I actually laughed a little during the first five minutes of the free first episode, so I bought the whole season.

Fireflu said:
Yeeeeeeeeessssssshhhhh!!!

ODST[/IMG

My firefly reunion has come to me![/QUOTE]
Right? The only reason why I'm even slightly interested. Let me know if it's a reason worth picking it up for if you wouldn't mind.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Jet Grind Radio! said:
2gsohae.jpg

Wired Apple Keyboard - Mainly got it for the 2 USB ports,
Infinity Gauntlet - Now I have all 3 Infinity series, Gauntlet, War, Crusade
DJ Shadow's Entroducing... - Wanted a new Electronica album, but didn't know what to get. Picked up somethjing at kinda random
And some school books.

Gotta save what little I have left for the blink show next Thursday.
Great choice on the album. It's one of my favorites.

Mutagenic said:
Great choice on the album. It's one of my favorites.
Ok, cool. Thanks. I just picked something up at random. Haven't listened to it yet.

TheLegendary said:
Electronica? Man, people put artists in whatever genre they want.

Entroducing is a hip hop album.
Hey. I'm just going by what Best Buy had it under, and that was Electronica.

Yes Boss!

Jet Grind Radio! said:
Hey. I'm just going by what Best Buy had it under, and that was Electronica.

Don't worry about what folks label it or otherwise. I would not even call it Hip Hop...which is just as pointless. Best to stay away from genre categorizing. Fact is: you picked up one of the greatest albums from the nineties.

grkazan12

Just purchased a 13.3 inch MBP and man is it a beautiful machine and the switch from windows to mac os x was easy as pie, props to apple.

3934188845_4af0f95b0e.jpg

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I have a 13.3 MBP too, I love it! I still use my PC for most of my stuff but when I travel it comes in handy. ;) Love the battery life too.

I got a bunch of crap, I'll post later today!

Got a new camera, the Samsung Memoir. Really wanted an iPhone or a G1 as a second choice but I don't wanna pay the extra monthly for data soooo opted for this. Takes okay pictures, seeing as how they're advertising it as an 8 megapixel camera phone.
Photo0020.jpg

Took this photo with it too. Oh, Mad World was only $7.50 but I don't know if I should bother opening it or returning it. Just picked it up cause there were only a few left on clearance and figured I could think about it. Still pondering, haha.
Photo0011.jpg

Nitemare1

P9120299.jpg

Realized after taking the pic that "Help", "Past Masters", and "Magical Mystery Tour". were sitting on my desk and not in the crate but you get the idea!

Top Bottom