• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF SEPT. 2009 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Provider

nny said:
things!
DSC04726.jpg

Awesome, Mission Hill AND Dragon Ball.

Kagami

Picked up a Fujitsu Lifebook U820 6" ultra-mobile earlier this month.
Performance-wise it's a netbook, but with a higher-resolution screen (1280x800) than most netbooks. x86 processor (runs Windows)
I'm still forming my opinion on it. It's kind of an all-in-one compromise that can take the place of a smartphone/PDA + notebook combo, but its size means it's not as appropriate as either of those are at their dedicated roles. Sure is cute, though.

2ex654y.jpg
2mquwec.jpg

Next to a 15" notebook:
34no2g4.jpg
292ut68.jpg

IMG_1169.jpg

Finally got some end tables on sale @ World Market for $80 each. Not bad IMO.

IMG_1172.jpg

Needed a USB headset and got these half off at work. With a detachable mic, they suit my needs.

IMG_1173.jpg

IMG_1170.jpg

IMG_1171.jpg

And now the cou de gras; my first Mac. And it just so happens to be an iMac. Preloaded with Snow Leopard.

Specs: (I know you guys will ask for them)

2.93 Ghz
4Gb DDR3
640Gb HDD
512Mb ATI Radeon HD 4850

I'm in love. I've been repairing PCs and Macs for quite a long time now, but only a few years ago did I decide to sit down and really take time with the Mac. Needless to say it grew on me. Don't get me wrong, both PCs and Macs both have their different uses but is it ever a pleasure to come home to this 24" beauty. <3 screen real estate. Anyway, my first impressions of Snow Leopard have been wonderful. No issues what so ever. Now if they could only enable Spaces in WoW.. (3.2.2 *crosses fingers)

Kagami said:

I have this same Acer 15". Battery went out in it, the screen is flickering and it's slow as molasses, even with many reformats (HDD is on it's way out). Regardless, after 5 years, it's impressive the thing is still kicking.

Quagm1r3

Infernal Monkey said:

You reminded me of the awesomeness of samurai jack. Thank you :D

@ Mandango: I've had the same headset for about a year now. Still works well. And I like how you 'forgot' to mention that it says 'Fatal1ty' on the head band :D

Kamaki

f3ytcn.jpg

1zpje37.jpg

Yeah! Manga spree!

- Yotsuba&! v3-5
- Gon v2
- The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
- Haruhi Suzumiya v3
- Sundome v1
- Abenbashi v1&2
- Cat Paradise v1
- Shaman King v4-6

As well as the Paprika DVD, which I thought was an awesome movie.

_dementia said:
I keep seeing that and it does look ridiculously badass! I really don't want to spend £30 on it though.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
manofmandango said:
IMG_1173.jpg

And now the cou de gras; my first Mac. And it just so happens to be an iMac. Preloaded with Snow Leopard.

Specs: (I know you guys will ask for them)

2.93 Ghz
4Gb DDR3
640Gb HDD
512Mb ATI Radeon HD 4850

I'm in love. I've been repairing PCs and Macs for quite a long time now, but only a few years ago did I decide to sit down and really take time with the Mac. Needless to say it grew on me. Don't get me wrong, both PCs and Macs both have their different uses but is it ever a pleasure to come home to this 24" beauty. <3 screen real estate. Anyway, my first impressions of Snow Leopard have been wonderful. No issues what so ever. Now if they could only enable Spaces in WoW.. (3.2.2 *crosses fingers)

May I ask you how much you spend on this computer? This owner of an old PC (Athlon XP2600+, 1GB of RAM (DDR2 I suppose), GeForce 7600GS, 20GB and 120GB hard drives) can't even begin to wonder how much that rig must have cost as it's a Mac.

Kilrogg said:
May I ask you how much you spend on this computer? This owner of an old PC (Athlon XP2600+, 1GB of RAM (DDR2 I suppose), GeForce 7600GS, 20GB and 120GB hard drives) can't even begin to wonder how much that rig must have cost as it's a Mac.

Actually, a friend of mine works at an Apple store and got me 15% off the whole purchase. Though I won't give an actual number, I must say that it really wasn't that bad after the discount. Even with the 3 year Apple Care. It's an investment really. Though the shipping process was a nightmare due to Labor day + my apartment complex office closing @ 5pm + Fedex delivering until 8pm + me working late hours. This pretty much made it neigh impossible for them to deliver it while I was at home. I got lucky however when I was on my 30 min lunch break =D. They called me 10 min before I had to be back from work. This only gave me enough time to rush to the office, pick up the package and put it in my apartment. Not having a computer since May, the rest of the shift @ work was almost unbearable if you can imagine =P; especially when you repair computers all day...

Did I mention it was also delayed because whomever made the shipping label @ Fedex put my apartment number as my ENTIRE ADDRESS. Then they put it on the wrong truck, etc. I'm just glad it's here though.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
$99.99 from amazon. Mainly bought it for cheap Beatles RB instruments. God, do I suck at drumming. :/

ae4aoo.jpg

woodypop

StormwatchGR said:
rava.jpg

His name is Rava and I found him outside my house a couple of weeks ago.
He is a little naughty but he has learned not to get close to my consoles...
You adopted a stray?

Kudos to you, kind sir! =)

StormwatchGR said:
rava.jpg

His name is Rava and I found him outside my house a couple of weeks ago.
He is a little naughty but he has learned not to get close to my consoles...

So beautiful! HIS EYES STARE INTO THE DEPTHS OF YOUR SOUL... YOUR SOOUUL!

Mithos

Gold Member
Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Athena, Tomb Raider: Underworld, Dead Space.

nohd7a.png

Funny story.. Under the 89% sticker, the same picture as the sticker is printed as a part of the artwork. Why do they need to put a sticker on if its already there?

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
manofmandango said:
Actually, a friend of mine works at an Apple store and got me 15% off the whole purchase. Though I won't give an actual number, I must say that it really wasn't that bad after the discount. Even with the 3 year Apple Care. It's an investment really. Though the shipping process was a nightmare due to Labor day + my apartment complex office closing @ 5pm + Fedex delivering until 8pm + me working late hours. This pretty much made it neigh impossible for them to deliver it while I was at home. I got lucky however when I was on my 30 min lunch break =D. They called me 10 min before I had to be back from work. This only gave me enough time to rush to the office, pick up the package and put it in my apartment. Not having a computer since May, the rest of the shift @ work was almost unbearable if you can imagine =P; especially when you repair computers all day...

Did I mention it was also delayed because whomever made the shipping label @ Fedex put my apartment number as my ENTIRE ADDRESS. Then they put it on the wrong truck, etc. I'm just glad it's here though.

Thanks for the detailed answer. Looked it up on Apple Europe out of curiosity, and it isn't as bad as I thought it would be, yeah. Definitely way too expensive for me though :lol. Do you know what computer I ordered on Amazon yesterday? This :lol.

Hope you'll enjoy it all the more so.

Kilrogg said:
Thanks for the detailed answer. Looked it up on Apple Europe out of curiosity, and it isn't as bad as I thought it would be, yeah. Definitely way too expensive for me though :lol. Do you know what computer I ordered on Amazon yesterday? This :lol.

Hope you'll enjoy it all the more so.

These are actually really good netbooks. I've worked on a couple myself. It's actually capable of playing Warcraft 3 :lol . I hope you enjoy it.

Monroeski said:
Your dresser drawer handle is staring at me.

2jus94.jpg

AWGAWD, WHAT HAS BEEN SEEN CAN NOT BE UNSEEN.

Seriously, we're thinking about throwing it out now. Too creepy. (To be honest, it's falling apart anyway)

therapist

P1020212.jpg

P1020214.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Im SO JEALOUS.

Radiant Silverun and DodonPachi are like my 2 fave shmups ever. Radiant is sooooooo much better than ikaruga.

Can i come over? :D

WEGGLES

Kagami said:
Picked up a Fujitsu Lifebook U820 6" ultra-mobile earlier this month.
Performance-wise it's a netbook, but with a higher-resolution screen (1280x800) than most netbooks. x86 processor (runs Windows)
I'm still forming my opinion on it. It's kind of an all-in-one compromise that can take the place of a smartphone/PDA + notebook combo, but its size means it's not as appropriate as either of those are at their dedicated roles. Sure is cute, though.

2ex654y.jpg
2mquwec.jpg
It does looks super cute. It's like a laptop a netbook could use :p

This is truly a glorious day. [face_love]

CIMG3140.jpg

CIMG3143.jpg

CIMG3144.jpg

CIMG3147.jpg

The detail and even the texture is just gorgeous. The pics simply don't do it enough justice. I got her today and she's already being framed.

I think I can retire now. :D

Some major DS love

28gshmp.jpg

TrackMania DS - $10 at GameStop
Henry Hatsworth - $9.98 at Target (clearance)
Advance Wars: Days of Ruin - $5 at Toys R Us
Scribblenauts and $15 gift card - Toys R Us
M&L Bowser's Inside Story and $15 gift card - $20 after Scribblenauts gift card

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
MortalMonkey said:

The detail and even the texture is just gorgeous. The pics simply don't do it enough justice. I got her today and she's already being framed.

That poster is so awesome.. ;)

I framed mine.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
MortalMonkey said:

EPIC MGS4 Poster Pics

Awesome pick up! I hoping you didn't pay $1200 for that though.

spats

Finally got a Wii and Wii Sports Resort. The overall build quality of the console was a pleasant surprise. It looks nice in real life aswell.

Photo253.jpg

Photo245.jpg

Sacred 2 Collector's edition complete with a crappy figure the size of my finger.
Photo240.jpg

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
manofmandango said:
These are actually really good netbooks. I've worked on a couple myself. It's actually capable of playing Warcraft 3 :lol . I hope you enjoy it.

Yeah, I've heard and read good things about them, thank you. I chose the 1005HA-M over the 1005HA-H, even though the former is technically inferior, because of one thing: for some reason, the M has got a matte screen, yet the H has a reflective screen. Why ASUS did it this way instead of the other way is beyond me. I know some like the latter kind of screens, but that's a stupid move for a netbook. A computer that you're supposed to use everywhere, including outside. I don't even know why they'd use that kind of screens for netbook in the first place, come to think of it.

Yes Boss!

therapist said:
Radiant Silvergun and DodonPachi are like my 2 fave shmups ever. Radiant is sooooooo much better than ikaruga.

The only ones I've gotten to are Batsugun and Thunderforce genny 1&2. I've only glimpsed at RS. But if it is as tough as Ikaruga then I might not like it. Seems more reasonable. Ikaruga is just too hard and un-fun for my head. The drama surrounding RS is a bit of a turn-off as well.

I got Saturn Shmups Package Round 2 in yesterday but I was out. Gonna go pick it up this morning when the post opens. Lots of good stuff with many recommendations from GAFers.

eXistor

DSC00409.jpg

I saw Incredible Crisis posted a few times in here and it got me thinking: why haven't I played this game yet? So I got it and now I can.

Top Bottom