• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF SEPT. 2009 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Chorazin

23bac397.jpg

Bought it for $99 on Woot about a week ago, got it today from FedEx. This thing is awesome! Can't wait to take it on trips!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Well, the guy looks funny. As in a comedic way. Like Dave Chapelle. And that fat Ralph guy.

YES BOSS with the pickup of the month in PDS. My favorite game ever. I have two sealed and one opened myself.

Oh, I bought or will be, both PPVs of the Mayweather fight and UFC103. I've got about nearly 40 people coming over to watch both.

Ovid

Digital Downloads

Kid Cudi - Man On The Moon: The End of Day
v3lpco.jpg

Jeremih (Single) - Imma Star
2zimnt5.jpg

What can I say...its a guilty pleasure. :D

Ultimate Alliance 2
2z8onyo.jpg

WEGGLES

DigitalA1chemy said:
I wish. It's just a cool case to hold the game when it comes out.
That's kinda lame.

You'd think they'd throw in a 12 inch with some songs from the game or something :{

Love all the details on it, like ring wear and such. Looks like an old record sleve but it's new. Awesome :D

Loxley

WEGGLES said:
That's kinda lame.

You'd think they'd throw in a 12 inch with some songs from the game or something :{

EA's been too busy wasting money that could be used to market Brutal Legend on the obnoxious viral marketing campaign for Dante's Inferno.

They've been getting better at setting their priorities straight these past few years, but come on.

Chorazin

Baconbitz said:
How long does it last and does it need to be charged?

The instructions say to charge it 8 hours the first time, and after that it should charge in 3-4 hours from empty to full.

I haven't discharged it yet, but mathematically speaking it should charge my netbook to full, and my iPhone to full, and my DS to full, all at the same time. I'm sure it'd charge my iPhone by itself quite a few times.

Specs say it'll keep a charge for a year without needing a recharge. Has a three year warranty as well.

WEGGLES

Loxley said:
EA's been too busy wasting money that could be used to market Brutal Legend on the obnoxious viral marketing campaign for Dante's Inferno.

They've been getting better at setting their priorities straight these past few years, but come on.

$100 for crecente to burn vs a record for the FANS to enjoy. Hrrrrm.

Got Kefka from FF6:
14u9cae.jpg

Some cheap Chinese component to VGA converter box to play consoles on my monitor. It works quite well out of what I tested so far, Wii 480p. Also DC vga box and Capcom vs SNK2 from ebay
14vmsgh.jpg

ASUS WL 500gP.. put DD-WRT on it shortly after setting it up and and it's a pretty epic router.
oh4r5k.jpg

daegan

MiniBossman said:
You won a Gamestop employee? :p

Cool pickup

I shouldn't find this post as amusing as I do :lol

Liquidus said:
How much would be needed for me to get my hands on that?:lol

I don't think I can actually imagine the amount of money it would take to pry me away from this. I'm so psyched - yeah my Quinton Flynn-autographed MGS2: Substance original for PS2 is pretty rad but this is a serious cornerstone for my MGS collection. XD I may or may not have fallen to the floor when I read the email from Konami that said I won.

141qnbo.png

20i8i6u.png

14t0wf5.png

The Kid Cudi was a HUGE impulse buy. It was only $4 and I kinda liked the previews, even though I don't particularly like the genre.

Crystal Method was $5. Glad I didn't get the CD at Best Buy on Friday. :lol

Just Dance was because I wanted another dance album. And it had Utada. <3

Ph3n3x

Neo Member
dsc01487gx.jpg

You guys are now looking at a proud new owner of a Sega Dreamcast! There's this really cool retro gaming store where I live, and in the spirit of it's 10 year anniversary, I decided to spend $50 on all you see here. I was late to the party in getting an N64 when I was a kid, so I kind of skipped a whole generation. I can't wait to play these games!

Hylian7

Well, I'm obviously a sucker for Steam weekend deals, this month on Steam I've picked up Street Fighter 4 for $19.99 and Braid for $4.99. Below is a screenshot of my Steam games list with both of them on it.

braidsf4.png

In addition to that, I picked up Scribblenauts when it came out on Tuesday, which is a fantastic game I might add.

scribblenauts.png

Ph3n3x

Neo Member
Haha actually ever since I started reading this thread, I now think "I can't wait to show this off on the Pick-Up Post" whenever I get something cool. We're essentially showing off our neat stuff, only to see someone eventually post neater stuff.

beje

Banned
gog-tlj.jpg

I already have the 4-CD cardboard boxed version we got in Spain at launch (almost 10 years ago, wtf!), but wanted to have it in a single auto-executable to avoid having to tinker with 4 discs every time I wanted to replay it.

Besides, it's a great excuse to hear the english dub, as the version we got here had a (completely awesome) spanish dub and, what's more important, localisation. Hearing April mixing inkjet printers with a spanish king from the XVIII century was priceless.

Edit: also, the BSO *o*

money.jpg

I sold about 75kg of video games and game guides. I'm moving to a new flat next month and I didn't want to bring all that staff along with me.

I sold the stuff well underpriced, but he took the whole lot and so I was happy to compromise.

Hurts a little bit though.

About 250 video games (Playstation, PS2, PSP, PS3, NDS, Gamecube, Xbox and Xbox 360 games) and about 30 game guides.

I'm left now with about 20 games, 3 guides and a couple of systems out of which I'll sell all expect my Xbox 360 and my PS3.

15 of the kilos were a Steel Battalion box.

Flek

Banned
so you sold 250 games for 1300 euros?

Lets say you bought each game for 40 euros

250 x 40 euros = 10.000 Euros

10.000 - 1300 = 8700

So you lost 8700 :p

Exactly. Nevertheless, I now have more money than I would have if I left the stuff sitting in a closet and never used it again. And also I don't have to move it to the new flat.

I know that the stuff was worth much more money, but I'm happy the way it is.

Ledsen

Flek said:
so you sold 250 games for 1300 euros?

Lets say you bought each game for 40 euros

250 x 40 euros = 10.000 Euros

10.000 - 1300 = 8700

So you lost 8700 :p

That's not really how it works... you can't use the original price as a comparison point, that money is long gone and not recoverable (a sunk cost, if you will). You have to use the opportunity cost. What that means is, if he hadn't sold the games for 1300, how much would they have been worth to him? He could've left them sitting in his closet, unplayed, like he said, and at that point their value to him would be closer to 0. He could've sold them separately and gotten more money (still nowhere near 10000), but then that would've cost more time and then you'd have to take the value of that time and inconvenience into account as well. So he really didn't lose as much money as you'd think. Sorry for the Economics 101 lesson :lol

johnjohnson said:
About 250 video games (Playstation, PS2, PSP, PS3, NDS, Gamecube, Xbox and Xbox 360 games) and about 30 game guides.

I'm left now with about 20 games, 3 guides and a couple of systems out of which I'll sell all expect my Xbox 360 and my PS3.

15 of the kilos were a Steel Battalion box.

Damn, I know that is rough as hell. I hate selling games. I only sold a couple of games in my life. The biggest regret in selling games in my life was, when the 360 was released I sold over 20 XBOX games. I hate myself because I do not remember all the games I sold.

Netto-kun

Ledsen said:
You can only buy tickets in advance for the business days right? Not for the public days?
Sorry for the late reply. Last year I bought tickets (public days) in advance from a convenience store. Pretty sure it's still the same thing this year.

Yes Boss!

marwan said:
Best hand held Castelvania ever!

CotM and SotN are my 2 favorite vanias of all time.

Seconded. And on the Micro with a pair of headphones they are even more amazing. Wonderful little two-pack.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Sold my Blackberry Storm and got an Xperia X1

6ici68.jpg

ig9gdv.jpg

I love the phone, I like it much more than my Storm, and I seriously don't understand the hate against it.

Top Bottom