• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF SEPT. 2009 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Schlep

Five of these. :D

points.jpg

Schlep

mjc: Micro Center. I got my five from the one in Dallas; there's 1 left. Not hording, I just go through a lot of XBL points. :lol

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
-PXG- said:
Buttons looks too small...

It takes a little getting used to but the keyboard's really good, especially since you don't have to press the buttons too hard.

dork

Banned
Diablos said:
You gave up backwards compatibility for two slims? Really?
i did..for 1 slim

i dont play ps2 games, if i want to ill buy a ps2 ..im moving forward with my games not backwards

LRB1983 said:
I've got two tickets to watch Barça-Atletico de Madrid [5-2]
Nm1oM.jpg

uSk3a.jpg

YdKuN.jpg

Wow, I wished i could be there. Congrats on the tickets and the pics are really awesome.
I saw Barcelona VS Galaxy when they came to L.A. but it can never compare to La Liga Match.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Nothing too exciting this week... but hey, it's something!

dscn0570.jpg

RE5 for the PC. I dunno how I managed to resist the game this long, but I haven't played it yet, because I was waiting for this PC version. Because I like prettier graphics an' stuff like that. It also came with this lenticular thing which was kinda nice for them to throw in, but... these things are kinda retarded... I dunno who really likes 'em. Oh well.

img_0053.jpg

And a shot of my current setup at school, now with 100% more RE5 on the PC. Neat, huh? ...kinda? Okay, fine.

Anyway, I should be getting something awesome in pretty soon. Probably not this week, but next week for sure.

Gameboy415

I have two buddies from Chicago visiting me here in Osaka so I took them to Den Den Town and to all of the giant recycle shops out in Mie Prefecture over the weekend. As usual, I bought a ton of cool stuff. :D

0909Toys.jpg

Ho-Oh Figure - Pokemon Heart Gold pre-order bonus, only 200円
Arceus Figure - Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver pre-order bonus, only 200円
Lugia Figure - Pokemon Soul Silver pre-order bonus, free with the other two!
Parappa Choro-Q car - 100円 :)
Perler bead Luigi - My friends who are visiting made this for me
Metallic Slime toys - 200円
Mini Slime toys - 200円
Plob figure - Free with the other slimes!
Space Godzilla figure - 100円
American Godzilla figure - Free w/the other Godzilla & Parappa toy

0909Books2.jpg

Neon Genesis Evangelion Volume 7 LE - Includes a variant cover edition of Volume 7 of the manga and a Christmas Rei Ayanami figure
Neon Genesis Evangelion Volume 1 - only 105円
Dororo Volume 4 - Finally completed the set!
I am Wario!! Volume 1 - Finally found it cheap used
Rockman Zero Volume 2 - Found Volume 1 ages ago, finally got the full set now
Rockman Zero Volume 3
Klonoa Heroes Guidebook - The last of the GBA Klonoa guides I needed :D
Treasure Hunter G Guidebook - Just got the game recently, so this should come in handy
Super Paper Mario Guidebook - Found it cheap :D
Mario Kart Advance Guidebook - 200円
Magical Vacation (GBA) Guidebook - 300円

0909Games.jpg

七つ風の島物語 (Nanatsu Kaze no Shima Monogatari) for JP Sega Saturn - Cool 2D adventure game from Enix I'd been searching for
Alcahest for Super Famicom - Heard about it in another GAF thread and found it cheap :D
The Eye of Judgement for JP PS3 - only 900円 (about $9) and includes the Playstation Eye! :D
Famicom Mini Bomberman for GBA - The LAST Famicom Mini game I needed to complete the set of 30 games
Card Hero for GBC - Found it in like-new condition for 30円 (about 30 CENTS) :lol
Soap Panic for Famicom - AKA: Bubble Bath Babes! It was only 1980円 (under $20) and it's actually quite fun!
Otostaz for JP PS2 - Heard it was interesting in another GAF thread and it was only 105円
Hungry Ghosts for JP PS2 Only 210円

0909Limited.jpg

Old Gamers Volume 1 - Cool magazine (er, book?) about retro games. This one covers action games for Famicom, Super Famicom, and PC Engine.
タツノコ Vs. Capcom Arcade Stick for Wii - Only 2000円!!! (under $20!) :D
Club Nintendo Star Tenbillion Toy - Ordered this because some of my JP Club Nintendo points were going to expire at the end of the month.
Club Nintendo Gold Mario Statue (x3) - Only 300円 each! I almost bought one for 10x that price a few weeks ago!
LE Famitsu 1997 [Model-F] Gameboy Pocket - LE Gameboy Pocket in MINT condition for only 780円 (about $8). Goes for like $50-80 on eBay!

So yeah, some cool stuff.
I'll be taking the guys to a few more local shops during the week, and then we're off to Akihabara and Tokyo Game Show this coming weekend so I'm sure I'll have some more cool stuff to share next week! :D

Neo Member
Garbage cellphone pics incoming. My main pickup for the month:
tov1.jpg

Also totally not a fan of the whole download key DLC, but I really couldn't pass this up:
tov2.jpg

tov3.jpg

0405 said:
Also totally not a fan of the whole download key DLC, but I really couldn't pass this up:
http://www.zatsubutsu.com/Japan/tov2.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://www.zatsubutsu.com/Japan/tov3.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
What? Keroro Gunso is available as a character in Vesperia. [i]Muthafucka.[/i] NA needs this game. [i]I[/i] need this game.

Neo Member
Jet Grind Radio! said:
What? Keroro Gunso is available as a character in Vesperia. Muthafucka. NA needs this game. I need this game.

Nah, Karol's VA is the same as Gunso's, so it's a title/costume you can buy for him. It's 500Y, it's one of those 105k or whatever DL keys where the content is already on the disc I think.

Neo Member
Karol, when wearing the suit, sometimes delivers lines in Gunso fashion. Girogiro and dearimasu and all that, so I wonder how(if) they'd handle that for the US.

GSG Flash said:
Sold my Blackberry Storm and got an Xperia X1

6ici68.jpg

ig9gdv.jpg

I love the phone, I like it much more than my Storm, and I seriously don't understand the hate against it.

Because Windows Mobile is a piece of shit. I owned the phone for 2 months last year before I sold it for an iPhone

glaurung

ResidentDante said:
Which country has these? I live in Norway and haven't seen them.

Germany, Austria iirc.

I live in Estonia and sometimes the locally sold NDS games have those. And every now and then, some video console versions too. Mostly still the usual age numbers on the cover.

glaurung said:
Germany, Austria iirc.

I live in Estonia and sometimes the locally sold NDS games have those. And every now and then, some video console versions too. Mostly still the usual age numbers on the cover.

They could make it a sticker at least, so you can take it off, and not add it to games which have no violence like NFS Shift. I have one game (DoA4 on 360) which is an Australian game (yeah I know Austria isn't Australia :lol ) and their age rating is also rather large on the front.

YagizY

Supper shitty cell phone pic:

0917091619.jpg

Resistance was only $7 and Patapon 2 was $5, I'm probably going to hate it but for $5 bucks it's worth seeing if I will hate it or not and my girlfriend might like it.

Also I am such a Beatles whore. I told myself I wasn't going to buy into any of the 9.9.09 hype.

pickup_sep09_a.jpg

DS games: Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box and Chronos Twin.

pickup_sep09_b.jpg

Strategy Guides: Rune Factory Frontier, Little King's Story (now to get the game) and All About Sorcerian (the 1991 version).

Flek

Banned
glaurung said:
Awesome indeed, but the yellow restriction label looks somehow even worse now that it is a little transparent. Ew.

yeha the age label sucks its way to huge and fucking ugly. One of the many reasons why i dont buy games in my country normaly…but yeha the 9,99 Deal whas to god to pass :/

Picked up Eye of Judgement for 19.99 just because I wanted the PSEye ( and it worked out cheaper to buy the game + camera than the camera as stand-alone ).

ODST arrived this morning, haven't had a chance to play much yet though.

odstm.jpg

a1m

Banned
It's been a while since I posted anything new. These are all sept goods.

pastell8.jpg
cc4d.jpg

cc5g.jpg

cc2x.jpg

cc3ka.jpg

Pastel vol. 8
Death Note vol. 1-11
Xbox 360
Batman: AA CE for PS3
Batman: The Killing Joke
Batman: The Long Halloween
Batman: The Man Who Laughs
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Batman: Year One
Watchmen

The Xbox is entirely for Forza 3. For the rest I guess I have somekind of a batmania, long live the bat!

woodsey1982 said:
Picked up Eye of Judgement for 19.99 just because I wanted the PSEye ( and it worked out cheaper to buy the game + camera than the camera as stand-alone ).

ODST arrived this morning, haven't had a chance to play much yet though.

odstm.jpg

Be sure to give EoJ a try, it rocks.

Provider

Crackdown and Too Human
DSC03335.jpg

Black Wii Remote / Nunchaku and Classic Controller Pro
DSC03337.jpg

Scribblenauts!
DSC03338.jpg

Orange Box and Hakuna Matata
DSC03339.jpg

I don't know if I posted this...

Old Stuff

Biff

GSG Flash said:
Sold my Blackberry Storm and got an Xperia X1

6ici68.jpg

ig9gdv.jpg

I love the phone, I like it much more than my Storm, and I seriously don't understand the hate against it.
XDA-Developers.com Xperia Forums

Fantastic, warez-free community. Really great, dedicated geniuses here.

Ask questions and take a look at some of their free apps. Little things like battery indicator upgrades or custom keyboards are completely free and make the Xperia that much more convenient.

When you become more familiar, you can learn how to flash your Xperia to a custom ROM, built by forum members for everyone. Some are built for speed, others funtionality. All can be found at those forums!

Owned my Xperia since May and still love it! For a 3MP camera, quality is impressive - no more 'cell pic warnings' required from us :D

Drame

0405 said:
Garbage cellphone pics incoming. My main pickup for the month:
http://www.zatsubutsu.com/Japan/tov1.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://www.zatsubutsu.com/Japan/tov2.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://www.zatsubutsu.com/Japan/tov3.jpg[/MG][/QUOTE]

Nice Pick-up!

Still waiting for my copy to arrive.

I might have to buy ToVS, to get the Abyss costumes.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Mecha_Infantry said:
Because Windows Mobile is a piece of shit. I owned the phone for 2 months last year before I sold it for an iPhone

It's not that bad if you're willing to spend some time to tinker around with it. I would much much rather have my Xperia over any versions of the iPhone any day of the week.

ChefRamsay said:
XDA-Developers.com Xperia Forums

Fantastic, warez-free community. Really great, dedicated geniuses here.

Ask questions and take a look at some of their free apps. Little things like battery indicator upgrades or custom keyboards are completely free and make the Xperia that much more convenient.

When you become more familiar, you can learn how to flash your Xperia to a custom ROM, built by forum members for everyone. Some are built for speed, others funtionality. All can be found at those forums!

Owned my Xperia since May and still love it! For a 3MP camera, quality is impressive - no more 'cell pic warnings' required from us :D

XDA-developers is awesome, the X1a I have right now has a bad graphics chip, so I'm getting it replaced. Whenever the replacement comes I'm planning on flashing that with a custom rom. Hopefully the Facebook panel still works on the custom roms because I love that panel.

eXistor

Finally got my Play-asia order from back when DQIX was released (had the DSi already). Stupid customs held it back for like 6 weeks. Also Always Sunny s4.

DSC00415.jpg

Top Bottom