• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF SEPT. 2009 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

spidye

Blablurn said:
21cwfes.jpg

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn

I said it in the cheap euro thread and I say it again:
schäm dich ;)

Blablurn

spidye said:
I said it in the cheap euro thread and I say it again:
schäm dich ;)

auf jeden fall.

just finished the first mission. i can't believe that codemasters actually released the game. i had moments where the framerate drops to 5 or 10fps :lol of course i knew that damnation was a huge flop but seeing this "game" live is just unbelieveable. anyway, i already won several trophies.

Yes Boss! said:
:-(

Well, I don't buy processed food. That said, I occasionally I like to go out and get some Doritos...but the larger bag that has been available is just too much for me. I actually work at a Shell C-store and my location hasn't gotten in the flavor yet. So, out shopping I saw it and got all excited and bought the most wretched beer I could to go with it. I think the only beer I've tasted worse (outside of the malts and malternatives) is the Fat Weasel trash that gets bottled. But I'm doing dishes and I've got a ton of ingredients for a big-ass american-style strawberry cheesecake so the beer worked! Gonna go out and get a nice belgium now.

It is my Friday, btw. I work all weekend.

WHAT! Red Stripe rules!

SoulClap

Picked up a Kuro 101FD a couple weeks ago. It was finally delivered on the weekend after waiting for the stand to come in. It's 2 inches smaller than my Samsung LCD but the PQ is soooo much better. Definitely worth it.

101fd.jpg

It's not so much of a pickup, but it's essentially something I didn't have before yesterday.

Since the wife left for vacation to England yesterday, I've been pretty bored at home. To kill time, I started kitbashing my Sackboy figurines and my SD 00 Gundam kits.

gundamsackboy01.jpg

gundamsackboy02.jpg

gundamsackboy03.jpg

:lol

Drame

I don't even like TTGL that much, but man, I love the OST. Absolutely one of the best anime soundtracks ever. So good!

2dj3tzq.jpg

Who am I kidding, I love TTGL, I really do!

20u732f.jpg

Some games:
zupj6t.jpg

Katamari Forever.

2wdy6pd.jpg

Halo 3: ODST, only 29€!

Yes Boss!

Flying Lotus said:
WHAT! Red Stripe rules!

Of course it rules! But it is not for its wretched taste. More for its pharmacy-style, basically unchanged bottle with its painted label and for its historical value. I dig it because it often shows up in classic movies from the sixties, like Dr. No. I like Sapporo in the caramel bottle for similar reasons...it too has significant roles in movies I love like Hiroshima mon amour.

enewtabie

Been working so many long hours,but I was able to sneak out at lunch and pick up the Halo ODST SE from Gamestop and some Monster Energy drinks.. Assault is pretty good.:D

003-8.jpg

Roxas

P1000341.jpg

- Katamari Forever - crazy game
- Batman: Arkham Asylum - One of the best games i have ever played
- Halo: ODST - Sold me old copy of Halo 3 to get it
- Devil May Cry 4 - Saw it preowned in GAME for £3

SoulClap said:
Picked up a Kuro 101FD a couple weeks ago. It was finally delivered on the weekend after waiting for the stand to come in. It's 2 inches smaller than my Samsung LCD but the PQ is soooo much better. Definitely worth it.

101fd.jpg

Congratulations. You own the finest display ever made, even among the Kuros.

woodypop

Went to the the 2009 Portland Retro Gaming Expo over the weekend and picked up a whole hodge-podge of stuff. Some of it's kind of random.

Master System:Ghostbusters, Penguin Land, Shinobi, Zaxxon 3-D
Genesis: Quackshot, Wardner
Sega.jpg

Saturn: Virtua Cop 2
PS2: KoF 02/03
PS: Metal Slug, Intelligent Qube
Sega CD: Slam City w/Scottie Pippin, Power Factory w/C+C Music Factory (I couldn't resist! :lol )
Dreamcast: Zombie Revenge
SegaPS.jpg

TG-16: Forgotten Worlds (one of my favorite games, EVAR!), Bonk's Adventure, R-Type
SNES: Space Megaforce
TGSNES.jpg

Power Base Converter ($5!), TG-16 Multi-Tap, SNES Multi-Tap
VGAcc.jpg

A few arcade manuals for Marvel Super Heroes, X-Men COTA, X-Men vs. Street Fighter, Golden Axe: The Revenge of Death Adder
ArcadeManuals.jpg

Got pretty good deals on most of the stuff. And there was a lot more that I wanted, but I had to show some restraint. I'm particularly happy with Shinobi, Quackshot, KoF 02/03, Intelligent Qube, Zombie Revenge, Forgotten Worlds, Space Megaforce, the Power Base Converter, and the TG-16 Multi-Tap, because I've been looking for them for some time now.

I can't wait for next year's show!

WEGGLES

Drame said:
zupj6t.jpg

Katamari Forever.
Wow a rare instance of a NTSC box art > Pal

IMG_0040.jpg

Got it on the sat before it's official release. It's jawsome. "Definitive" katamari game. If you haven't played one yet (shame!) this is the game to play then. Gorgeous box art :)

IMG_0042.jpg

Speaking of gorgeous box art... how bland could they make it? I'm surprised considering the excellent attn. to detail put into this game that they'd put it out with such drab cover art...

IMG_0041.jpg

From the free to a good home thread. Thanks so much A Master Ninja!

IMG_0043.jpg

Best pick-up of the month. Cherry-Lime slushie! :D

outsidah

Yes Boss! said:
Though, there is a new and impressive alcohol store in Tustin Marketplace called Total Wine that might have it. I'll stop in next time I'm going to the persian market.

I love Total Wine. We got a big store they opened down here in S. Florida. I've been able to try a nice assortment of beers thanks to them. They have stuff from microbreweries from all over and some foreign stuff I haven't seen till I went in there. They also have many of their beers available to buy in singles which is great to try different ones.

Yes Boss!

outsidah said:
I love Total Wine. We got a big store they opened down here in S. Florida. I've been able to try a nice assortment of beers thanks to them. They have stuff from microbreweries from all over and some foreign stuff I haven't seen till I went in there. They also have many of their beers available to buy in singles which is great to try different ones.

Yeah, I went there for the first time over the summer for British cider and was blown away by the selection. Nice that they also sell singles. In any case, I stopped by today on the way back from LA and they did not have Red Cap. But, they had started putting out their gift packages for the fourth quarter so I got a Petrus double bottle with glass. Also, got a Double Dead Guy Ale which comes in a pretty red-painted bottle, clocks in at just under 10%. Not a huge fan of the OG Dead Guy but I have to try the double. Here is my new Petrus glass pick-up with my some dinner I made. Yummers!

P1020399.jpg

Here is the mean-looking Double Dead Guy:

P1020402.jpg

bh7812

Banned
I just got a hell of a pick up off Ebay about 40 minutes ago and I'll post a pic of it when it gets here along with some of the other stuff I'll be getting in the next few days.

I just won that Family Computer 1983-1994 book off Ebay! I've been wanting it for quite a while and it was actually in this Pick Up Post earlier in the year where I saw it for the first time. I looked into it and pretty much had to have it. Even better, I got it for a great price. Mint Condition for only $26!!!!!!! That is a GREAT deal considering how rare this book is! It normally goes for much, much more than that these days. It's a VERY nice book with I believe full color pics of every Famicom game released. I can't wait to actually see it in person :D

In the same pic I'll also have Mario and Luigi 3 plus Volume 6 of The Three Stooges Collection (Hopefully be getting the latter two tomorrow)

Anyway pics of this stuff will follow once I have all of it!

Shiggie

First I picked up 4200 Nintendo points on eBay, got a hell of a deal by the way, and I kind of got happy with it...

fd97x2.jpg

28mlar.jpg

2dl7ldw.jpg

1431f7a.jpg

2qvfint.jpg

161xp8p.jpg

* DSi is Blue BTW.

3946858081_64b6acefa7.jpg

3947639080_878f26b81f.jpg

Back issues of Amusement Journal/産業, wall scroll by crazy anime disc wheel builder Momoiro, CMWC 2009 pamphlet, Japanese history socks, hat by Carnival

Top Bottom