• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF SEPT. 2009 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Echoes

photo14d3c0.jpg

(Taken by iSight. A testament of my true laziness to look around for my camera.)

Crucial 4GB Kit (for my 13' MacBook, installed successfully)
Snow Leopard (Installed successfully, loving it)
Scribblenauts
Mario & Luigi 3
Batman: Arkham Asylum

sept09digaea2.jpg

I prefer Disgaea 3, but the the gameplay improvements in Disgaea 2 make this a more enticing game than the original for PSP, despite the less fun story and characters.

sept09pixiv.jpg

The fabulous highlights so far from Pixiv. Some wonderful artwork within these pages!

HoTHiTTeR

No sense in posting another ODST pickup picture, but... I did finally get off the Microsoft-Rechargeable-Battery-Pack wagon and found some Eneloops @ Frys. Some other Rayovac hybrid-rebrands on sale and FNL which was 1/2 off @ too. <3 Frys.

sept.jpg

UNDERSTAR

Banned
toneroni said:
Is that chicken teriyaki from Sarku Japan? Mannn haven't had that in a while! :D
The chicken teriyaki came from Sakio Japan over here where I'm from, (NJ). But mannnnnnnnn, shit was banging good!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Thought I'd post mine before anyone else beats me to the punch :p

3949297498_776fc9ba3a_b.jpg

3948517613_b592b4e408_b.jpg

3948517541_e48e787bb0_b.jpg

^ Yes, they are individual numbered/serialized.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Thanks to the info/link in the Yakuza 3 thread I ended up purchasing Takashi Miike's Ryu Ga Gotoku / Like A Dragon !

And.... ODST!

3949765182_0fe0957c4c_b.jpg

LiK

MarkMan said:
Thanks to the info/link in the Yakuza 3 thread I ended up purchasing Takashi Miike's Ryu Ga Gotoku / Like A Dragon !

And.... ODST!

3949765182_0fe0957c4c_b.jpg

did you get overnight shipping? mine not here yet T_T

Grabbed a mini-display port>HDMI adapter for my MBP at Monoprice ($9.75).

2009SeptPickup08.JPG

And it works beautifully on my 52 incher. :D

2009SeptPickup13.JPG

Grabbed some shirts and a hoodie from H&M plus an SD Force Impulse Gundam kit...

2009SeptPickup09.JPG

Which I later kitbashed into Force Impulse Sackboy. :lol

2009SeptPickup11.JPG

SCEA finally sent me my copy of the LBP GOTY edition.

2009SeptPickup10.JPG

And this came in the mail today, XN Raiser custom parts for my 1/144 00 Raiser. This kit makes it look retardedly insane. :lol

2009SeptPickup12.JPG

I also got a bunch of tunes from iTunes today for my trip to England next week:

Muse: The Resistance
Gundam Rock
Queen's Greatest Hits
The Darkness: Permission to Land
Earth, Wind, and Fire's Greatest Hits

F

finskninja

Unconfirmed Member
Pyke Presco said:
Not digging the Pain of Salvation albums in their entirety, though there's some great individual tracks. Seventh Wonder and Symphony X, however, are pure gold and I'll definitely be buying more of their work.

Yes pain of salvation indeed suck, do not understand why they even get to release albums at all.
Symphony X is the shit in that genre since DT is just shit after Kevin left and Fates Warning are not releasing albums anymore ( if you havent gotten nay FW albums go for Inside Out, Parallels and A Pleasant Shade Of Grey), totaly kills all competition. Make sure to pick up the whole catalog :) All albums are outstanding, been into them since the first actually album which i liked but when Russ joined them in The Damnation Game i was sold, man that guy can sing almost as good as Dio. You should atleast have Divine Wings and Damnation Game and after that go for album V, it's also minblowing stuff.

Neo Member
Dinner. Not shown are the tsukune that did not survive the 5 minute trip home.

Broke down and got SaGa 2.

Would have skipped the Gasbook Osamu cases but they were marked down to 100Y so I kind of couldn't.

Memory stick is for PSP/TGS.

0924.jpg

crispyben

Thanks guys :( I need to wait until October 5 to claim reparations, I want to play this game dammit! I'm really having rotten luck with the mail these days.

I got these at my nearby convenience store.

I'll be there most of the day Saturday. I hope there's some good demos on the floor and plenty of swag to go around. But seeing as how the news recently reported vendor attendance is down from previous TGS years I have a feeling most are going to be tight with what they handout.

Ledsen

Upsidedown Fuji said:

I'll be there most of the day Saturday. I hope there's some good demos on the floor and plenty of swag to go around. But seeing as how the news recently reported vendor attendance is down from previous TGS years I have a feeling most are going to be tight with what they handout.

bu-bu-but how? I searched for "Tokyo" "Tokyo Game show" etc (tried both katakana and hiragana) in my Lawson but the event didn't show up :( Do I need to search using romaji? Or do you happen to have the event code?

When you start off on the Loppi kiosk it should be the second menu option from the top if I remember correctly, under "ekisupo" in Katakana. It's really well burried in there. I would understand how it could be missed. It took me a couple of minutes to find it. I selected the Japanese ticket with PSP raffle voucher but there's also one in English apparently and it seems the English only option has no voucher offer.

Here's the lawson code for you I got off the website. [L&#12467;&#12540;&#12489;34444] That might make it easier to find. There is also a PSP raffle ticket version. If you select that you get the admission ticket and a psp raffle ticket (you must send in with your own postage and envelope.) I sent mine in after I filled it out at home. Hope I win something too.

Just keep trying. Don't be embarassed to take time there figuring it out. It's late tonight and the dude behind the counter might even help if you ask nice. XD

Also the opening time for Saturday has been bumped up from 10am to 9:30am because of nearby attractions that are also happening at the same time. Coolness. My girlfriend also mentioned theres some Final Fantasy event which requires another ticket that you can get by standing in a line once you get to the Tokyo Game Show grounds. But those tickets will be first come first serve.

Neo Member
Upsidedown Fuji said:

I did not know this was possible. I did some snooping and it seems like I'll be grabbing a pair of these from my local 7/11 tomorrow evening on the way home from work; thanks for the heads up.

grkazan12

donkey show said:
Grabbed a mini-display port>HDMI adapter for my MBP at Monoprice ($9.75).

2009SeptPickup08.JPG

And it works beautifully on my 52 incher. :D

Hey I've been meaning to get this too, but do u need a separate accessory to get the audio of the mbp to transfer also?

Ledsen

Upsidedown Fuji said:
When you start off on the Loppi kiosk it should be the second menu option from the top if I remember correctly, under "ekisupo" in Katakana. It's really well burried in there. I would understand how it could be missed. It took me a couple of minutes to find it. I selected the Japanese ticket with PSP raffle voucher but there's also one in English apparently and it seems the English only option has no voucher offer.

Here's the lawson code for you I got off the website. [L&#12467;&#12540;&#12489;34444] That might make it easier to find. There is also a PSP raffle ticket version. If you select that you get the admission ticket and a psp raffle ticket (you must send in with your own postage and envelope.) I sent mine in after I filled it out at home. Hope I win something too.

Just keep trying. Don't be embarassed to take time there figuring it out. It's late tonight and the dude behind the counter might even help if you ask nice. XD

Also the opening time for Saturday has been bumped up from 10am to 9:30am because of nearby attractions that are also happening at the same time. Coolness. My girlfriend also mentioned theres some Final Fantasy event which requires another ticket that you can get by standing in a line once you get to the Tokyo Game Show grounds. But those tickets will be first come first serve.

Thanks a lot for the info... I was probably looking under the wrong heading, although I did use the exact same menu I used for getting my SBO 09 tickets... hmmm... I'll check it out tomorrow (don't have a Lawson close to here unfortunately) and I'll try to actually read the menus this time instead of just doing it the same way I did for SBO.

Big pick up post incoming. Needless to say after this I wont be buying anything else for the month!

DVDs:
DSC01959.jpg

The Big Bang Theory 1 & 2
Always Sunny 4
Rescue Me 4 & 5.1
The Office 5

Games:
DSC01960.jpg

NHL 10
Beatles Rock Band

More Game Related Stuff:
DSC01961.jpg

1 Year of Live
1600 MS Points (Used it to buy shadow complex)

DSC01962.jpg

New 360 Elite

Awesome Stuff:
DSC01964.jpg

6 Tickets to the Rangers home opener VS Ottawa next saturday

and the new love of my life (and biggest pick up this month):
DSC01968.jpg

Sony Bravia KDL-46XBR9, best tv i've ever owned hands down, and just in time for hockey season and NHL 10

now if you'll excuse me, I'm headed to the poor house!

grkazan12 said:
Hey I've been meaning to get this too, but do u need a separate accessory to get the audio of the mbp to transfer also?
I just hooked it up yesterday, so I'll let you know once I found out. It didn't transfer the audio so I don't really know as of yet.

JEKKI

Yes Boss! said:
A pair of Ghetto shooters for the DSi. Even $4 for both is pushing it.
ahh u beat me to it!!

I was trying to get those earlier, but that was a day before they came out.

Ive been too lazy to try again since then...

btw Im still too lazy o_O

Top Bottom